Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Congrats!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:10 am 
Site Admin

Here's a big two thumbs up to a super stealth release that I'm sure no one really expected! Sure it may not be a complex RPG, but it's another Japanese game that's finally available for people to try in English.

I found the game to be quite tough. In fact, be sure to let the opening scenes run a couple of times so that you can view the tutorial, which describes how to do the special attacks. There was a point in the game in which I was really stuck because I didn't know how to perform a certain skill, so learn all the different abilities before playing. :)

Post subject: Re: Congrats!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:03 am 

Lol, what a teaser you had for us recently with that new avatar of yours, Taskforce! Sweet, babe! [Not meaning to see you as a 'babe'! Lol]. The visuals do look very good.
I've done some research to pester you a bit, lol. CAProduction' only other SFC title also with Hudson was Hagane: The Final Conflict. Would you be willing to look into doing this one too?

Depressing fact about this game. There are two more other as yet untranslated Kishin Douji Zenki games on the SFC! But fortunately they're already listed on the Datacrystal Request page. One is similar, the other one is a card battle game!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Awesome! So great to have another, albeit small, release out there. Great start to the new year. Thanks so much for the dedication. I'm glad to be able to be a part of this group and projects like this. Now to get back to G.O.D. ;)

BTW: I've alerted the PCEngine forum since, as I mentioned, they happened to be talking about the game just recently.
ObiKKa wrote:
CAProduction' only other SFC title also with Hudson was Hagane: The Final Conflict. Would you be willing to look into doing this one too?
There was an official release of this game already, which happens to be highly collectible.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:58 am 

Wow, surprise suprise! Great work guys! That was indeed very stealthy. Congrats on the release!

That was really nice of you guys to mention me although I don't feel I did much than make a nice list for others to use. Still, thank you. I really appreciate that.

I'm still as enthusiastic about this hobby as I ever have been and that's because of the awesome individuals like here in team DD. I'm not just speaking for myself when I say I really appreciate all that you guys do and share. It's a lot of fun to be around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:51 pm 

Spoiler! :
filler wrote:
ObiKKa wrote:
CAProduction' only other SFC title also with Hudson was Hagane: The Final Conflict. Would you be willing to look into doing this one too?
There was an official release of this game already, which happens to be highly collectible.

Oops! Yeah, you're right. I think I just jumped out of the gate on this one :oops:! Don't know why I didn't check the Wikipedia!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

ObiKKa wrote:
Lol, what a teaser you had for us recently with that new avatar of yours, Taskforce! Sweet, babe! [Not meaning to see you as a 'babe'! Lol]. The visuals do look very good.
I've done some research to pester you a bit, lol. CAProduction' only other SFC title also with Hudson was Hagane: The Final Conflict. Would you be willing to look into doing this one too?

Depressing fact about this game. There are two more other as yet untranslated Kishin Douji Zenki games on the SFC! But fortunately they're already listed on the Datacrystal Request page. One is similar, the other one is a card battle game!?

Yeah that was actually an in game sequence from the game I was using as an avatar (which got slightly modified before release.) Just trying to give you guys a hint it was coming :) As for the other Zenki games, I don't know that we'll do them. Both are rather poor games. The platformer section of the second one is supposed to be OK although way too easy, but the first person battle section is supposed to be extremely terrible. Most people compare it to those FMV action games on Sega CD only worse :) You have to hit certain button combos to launch attacks which can miss. It just isn't a very fun game. In fact, it is so bad, someone released passcodes so people could play the platform section and skip those horrible fights. The one nice thing about the platform sections is you can play as Chiaki this time, not just Zenki.

The other game is a board game of all things. And from what I've read again not a very good one. Bongo` would make the final decision as he does the hacking, but they definitely aren't the quality of this game.

The two games for the other platforms (Game Gear) and (PC-FX) were much better games. I've read the Game Gear game is really fun. Maybe someday we'll get back into Game Gear hacking and try to get that one done. Who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Awesome! So great to have another, albeit small, release out there. Great start to the new year. Thanks so much for the dedication. I'm glad to be able to be a part of this group and projects like this. Now to get back to G.O.D. ;)

BTW: I've alerted the PCEngine forum since, as I mentioned, they happened to be talking about the game just recently.

You deserve it buddy. I hope you get a chance later to play the final game. Thanks for the help on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:13 pm 

Spoiler! :
taskforce wrote:
ObiKKa wrote:

Yeah that was actually an in game sequence from the game I was using as an avatar (which got slightly modified before release.) Just trying to give you guys a hint it was coming :) As for the other Zenki games, I don't know that we'll do them. Both are rather poor games. The platformer section of the second one is supposed to be OK although way too easy, but the first person battle section is supposed to be extremely terrible. Most people compare it to those FMV action games on Sega CD only worse :) You have to hit certain button combos to launch attacks which can miss. It just isn't a very fun game. In fact, it is so bad, someone released passcodes so people could play the platform section and skip those horrible fights. The one nice thing about the platform sections is you can play as Chiaki this time, not just Zenki.

The other game is a board game of all things. And from what I've read again not a very good one. Bongo` would make the final decision as he does the hacking, but they definitely aren't the quality of this game.

The two games for the other platforms (Game Gear) and (PC-FX) were much better games. I've read the Game Gear game is really fun. Maybe someday we'll get back into Game Gear hacking and try to get that one done. Who knows.

Oh, thank you. That's all of what I needed to know! Seems unsurprising considering CAProduction didn't do those two other SFC games. But Hudson did the beautiful but short PC-FX game for NEC, while Sega made that Game Gear game.

And, all folks, I've found this nice feature with oodles of beautiful screenshots of this game! Wow, those background artwork...
Addenda: Found some more good articles with opinions on this game:
http://www.rvgfanatic.com/6501/299401.html
http://postback.geedorah.com/revisiones ... den_01.htm (Translated)
http://www.genkivideogames.com/kishin-d ... cpaz6jcart

This Wiki is a great resource to learn more about the manga series and its characters.

* EDIT July 8, 2016: Retro Collect had a news announcement of this English patch dated on 01 FEBRUARY 2016.

Last edited by ObiKKa on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:04 am 

I should get to playing sometime.

I got a copy but I think like Hagane this game shot up in price in a short time.
I paid like $10 in not-so-great complete condition. Not too long after I started to see listings in the $30-50 range.
Looks like it's still around $10-20 loose on ebay so it's not quite a Hagane spike. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:25 pm 

great game just finish it, I remember watching the anime in spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPvfi9Rf1qc :lol:

the lyrics says in spanish:

there is a dragon

zenki you are here to win
to defeat
the evil seeds
zenki with your courage
hero no doubt
you combat without getting tired
the evil seeds
you are zenki zenki
your strength is always here
we can feel your great power