Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A couple more random questions...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

What is the longest single setting (which can include small bathroom and food breaks but doesn't include sleep breaks) that you spent playing a game in your life? For me it is around 78 hours and I did it twice no less, but that was when I was a young adult too. The first time was Final Fantasy II/Final Fantasy IV (SNES) and the other time was Lunar II: Eternal Blue (Sega CD version).

What is the fastest you've ever beaten a game on the very first playthough (this isn't to completion or your fastest time on said game, I want very first play from start to beating the final boss if you remember.) For me that would be Actraiser. I beat it in under 3 1/2 hours without cheats. I know the time well as I had 4 hours when I started the game to have the game back to the rental place which was about 12 miles away from me and I had it back with about 10 minutes to spare and had beaten it.

Finally, is there anything you do while playing a game that freaks someone else out? Haha, this is a fun question and I can ask it because yes there is something I can do while playing a game that freaks others out. I can sleep while playing a game. This is no lie, and we're not talking doze. I have been known to full on sleep while continuing to play a game (including move the characters and fight battles and such.) Not so much anymore as I don't play to exhaustion anymore but I could sure trip people out :) Been asked a number of times how the heck I do that.

I guess that is it for now, just about all I can think of to ask. Anything else you can think of, feel free to ask it.

Post subject: Re: A couple more random questions...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:33 pm 

Wow, 78 hours... I never went beyond 10, and only a couple of times, one was playing Ragnarok Online; the other one Monster Hunter Tri playing online (And a bit of offline to get honey), both because I was playing with friends and man, time really flies with them. I really miss those times, although I would never waste my time on a MMO just to lose everything for whatever reason (At least with Tri your savefile is in your console)...

Besides that, I usually don't spend more than maybe 3/4 hours on a single sitting tops, and that's when I CAN, not very often now. Even less with my curse to been interrupted often...

The game i have beaten the fastest in my first playthrough is by far Dementium 2. Around 2 hours. I felt ripped off. And anger. To the point I went to the store and changed the game in the same fucking day. What the hell.

The worst part: I like to play my games slowly. I was'nt hurrying. Or at least that's what I think...

I can't do it anymore, but as a kid/teen I could play the NES with my feet and used my hands to hold guides so I could read them (Screw that table nosense). Most of the games I played where slow paced or RPGs, or adventure games, nothing special, but whenever a friend was in my house they looked at me like I was some kind of mutant experiment or something, even my family would ask "Why not just pause the game?". Maybe they were onto something...

I also managed to beat Zelda 1 entirely using my feet with enought patience.
That said, @#$% YOU DARKNUTS, most of the deaths were because of them. Peahats helped too.

In fact, because of this now I have the ability to grab things with my toes whenever something falls to the ground. I guess i'm more close to an ape than I thought.

Post subject: Re: A couple more random questions...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:24 pm 

LOL @ mason... you should do a Youtube vid of that zelda1 playthrough, have you seen that guy on youtube play
all the way through Zelda64 (i think it was) totally blindfolded? things people do with their fav games is unreal.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.