Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Just Breed...literally.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:09 am 

I was playing this the other day, and thought it would be funny to treat the script in order to make the protagonist a lecherous bon vivant. In the first scene you find out that the Sapphire Priestesses have been using their tiara to dominate the people of Astholm for centuries after the current priestess runs afoul of some old enemies and is taken away--freeing your from her clutches. The whole town is finally glad to be rid of her, but you still decide to leave anyway. Donning the wicked tiara yourself, making you a Master, you immediately coerce every guard in town to leave with you as your new "partners."

Its a BDSMRPG and there's a wide world of rugged adventurous types at your disposal, and you're after one thing...to just breed.

Post subject: Re: Just Breed...literally.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Wes Falls wrote:
I was playing this the other day, and thought it would be funny to treat the script in order to make the protagonist a lecherous bon vivant. In the first scene you find out that the Sapphire Priestesses have been using their tiara to dominate the people of Astholm for centuries after the current priestess runs afoul of some old enemies and is taken away--freeing your from her clutches. The whole town is finally glad to be rid of her, but you still decide to leave anyway. Donning the wicked tiara yourself, making you a Master, you immediately coerce every guard in town to leave with you as your new "partners."

Its a BDSMRPG and there's a wide world of rugged adventurous types at your disposal, and you're after one thing...to just breed.
Heh-heh...! Sounds like a revival of the old "Dragon Pervert (A.K.A. "Warrior")" proposal from the 90's that had the whole emulation world in an uproar! Hmmm... as a preliminary speculation, I don't believe a BDSM concept would fly around these here parts.

Seriously, I've proposed twice over the years a re-write polish for Just Breed. The most recent time, an outsider who has no association with D-D whatsoever stuck his nose into our internal affairs and likened it to a desecration of the holy grail.

By the way, Wes, do you still want to play SSMS-I right away? I could use one more beta test, but I would want a thorough canvassing of every secret - all nooks and crannies in the game - and also an honest "opinion" of every single patch of dialogue. This game must have a hundred secrets - maybe more - that are not essential to beating it.

Must be honest about SSMS-I. The game is somewhat linear to a point. Then, the numerous side quest opportunities suddenly blow wide open, requiring frequent team alignment adjustments - sometimes with imagination, finesse, and projection into different mind-sets.

I mean, who but a dirty old man would think of visiting the spa in My Town with all three ladies in tow, a place where skinny-dipping is the order of the day! Nevertheless, if a player doesn't stumble into that random option, he'll miss one of the most hilarious scenes in the game! I found it in the strings of a block file, checked who was speaking, re-constituted my party members at the Heroes Guild, and shoved off to "discover" and polish the scene.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:27 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Wes Falls wrote:

Heh-heh...! Sounds like a revival of the old "Dragon Pervert (A.K.A. "Warrior")" proposal from the 90's that had the whole emulation world in an uproar! Hmmm... as a preliminary speculation, I don't believe a BDSM concept would fly around these here parts.

Seriously, I've proposed twice over the years a re-write polish for Just Breed. The most recent time, an outsider who has no association with D-D whatsoever stuck his nose into our internal affairs and likened it to a desecration of the holy grail.

By the way, Wes, do you still want to play SSMS-I right away? I could use one more beta test, but I would want a thorough canvassing of every secret - all nooks and crannies in the game - and also an honest "opinion" of every single patch of dialogue. This game must have a hundred secrets - maybe more - that are not essential to beating it.

Must be honest about SSMS-I. The game is somewhat linear to a point. Then, the numerous side quest opportunities suddenly blow wide open, requiring frequent team alignment adjustments - sometimes with imagination, finesse, and projection into different mind-sets.

I mean, who but a dirty old man would think of visiting the spa in My Town with all three ladies in tow, a place where skinny-dipping is the order of the day! Nevertheless, if a player doesn't stumble into that random option, he'll miss one of the most hilarious scenes in the game! I found it in the strings of a block file, checked who was speaking, re-constituted my party members at the Heroes Guild, and shoved off to "discover" and polish the scene.

You know what I've done so far this month? Taken adderall and beat Tactics Ogre (SFC) and Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX). Why? Because I needed something big and full of stuff to just invade the ever-loving crap out of.

When I beta test I don't nit-pick, but neither do I bother with big obvious problems that occur on your way through the story. I mostly try to use every item/skill/etc on everything that I can. Doing @#$% that people don't think about is what I am good at. For instance, like how I found out that you can beat Silva Saga II's final boss by letting him kill your whole party. That was because I was out of MP, he was healing, and I was too lazy to win a slow fight at the moment.

I'll find your daughter, Mr President.

NOTE: I beat both of the afore-mentioned Tactics RPG using only auto-battle, because handicaps. Turns out both of them might have actually been easier...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

Jokes aside, in this case, "Just Breed" has a very different meaning from what most people might by thinking. "Just" means "honorable" and "breed" means either "race", "type of person" (as in their manner) or "bloodline". In this case, I believe that "Just Breed" is probably meant to mean one of two things. Either that the main characters are honorable, just heroes or that the priestesses are of a noble bloodline. I don't mean to pointlessly revive old topics or anything, I just wanted to post my opinion on this. I don't know how I couldn't have noticed this thread for so long though... Anyways, great game! I really loved playing it, it's one of the best on the NES in fact.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)