Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post subject: Re: Our patches being sold...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:26 am 
Site Admin

Looks like he was kicked off of his old domain host... Now a lookup of his address shows him listed under godaddy.com...
E-mail sent to their legal dept. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:18 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Looks like he was kicked off of his old domain host... Now a lookup of his address shows him listed under godaddy.com...
E-mail sent to their legal dept. ;)
Well organized report... This fellow is tenacious trying to profit with people's Patches-Not-for-Sale!

It seems TnD is dropped from the SNES list, but Downtown Special on the NES side appears it might be Technos Samurai - Downtown Special.

BTW, in polishing Scenario 2, I have just entered the countryside after leaving the Master's house finally. Lots of humor with the Master's forgetfulness!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 am 

It looks like this guy keeps changing hosts to refrain from removing content. At the moment he's being hosted by Pacnet. You do have the option of targeting the guy specifically and could even send him the same/slightly modified letter to him personally via snail mail (or give him a call.) It might not get him to remove the content, but he might not feel so untouchable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:12 am 

I think his phone number should be given to the translation groups that this guy stole work from so he feel a little more uncomfortable about what he is doing. I really don't want to sign up for this guy's site to check this but if this guy is using Paypal, that might be another way to block his selling of patches he did not make. It would be a lot more trouble to start a new Paypal account than to find a new webhost.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

His site is hosted by a company in Hong Kong now. I'm having a little more difficulty in getting them to take down the links/site, but I've got my fingers crossed. If that fails, then I'll go after his methods of payment.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 am 
Site Admin

his method of payment may be the best way to go. Paypal doesn't mess around when there is any question of illegal activity, if he uses paypal. They'll close his account and take all money in the account.

Another idea is to turn him into Nintendo's legal department itself. Could it get us into some issues, yeah it could, but I doubt it would. The fact he offers to burn anything (even officially licensed games) for profit would be far more disturbing to Nintendo. And they have the power we don't to crush him into oblivion (assuming they care.) If more than a few of us pointed him out to them, maybe they would. It is a thought.

piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 am 
Site Admin

Oddly enough, I was a little shocked to learn that the person who runs the site goes by the nickname Necrosaro.... Could it be...?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:55 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Oddly enough, I was a little shocked to learn that the person who runs the site goes by the nickname Necrosaro.... Could it be...?
I would think and hope not. I have the real Necro's real name recorded somewhere, but I don't want to display it publicly. I wonder if we can get an accurate whois on that site.

Edit: He is using a proxy to hide his whois:

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GAMEREPRODUCTIONS.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
DNS1.HOSTHONGKONG.COM
DNS2.HOSTHONGKONG.COM

For complete domain details go to:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx? ... CTIONS.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:00 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I've talked to Host Hong Kong for about a week. They obviously know that he is selling copyrighted material, but I was unable to get them to take down the links... :( I'm pursuing other means at the moment.

edit: If I fail, I think we probably need to send "the big N" an e-mail or two.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 am 

Good thing we aren't dealing with Square Enix here, they ove to send C&D letters even towards projects that are obviously harmless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next