Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 am 

:D I realize that no work has been done on it so far but I've always wanted to play the entirety of this game in english ever since I tried LNF's english patch. :lol: ROLW remains one of my favorite anime/manga series despite it being dated compared to newer anime so I'm happy that someone has picked up the project.

Of course, i'm not expecting a miracle and hoping the patch will be released anytime soon, sometime whilst I'm still alive would be fine :P

At any rate, thanks!

Post subject: Re: Thank you!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:04 am 

We'll do our best for this project once we can channel an adequate ammount of time and resources to it, as we did to our previous releases.
As much as you we'd like to see this project reach the public, not only because it is a fine game in itself but also in memorium of
LNF.
We appreciate the support.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:53 am 

Has it been over a year since I last visited already?

Life sure does pass fast when you're not paying attention to it sometimes. Not visiting for a whole makes me a bit red faced but well, I had a somewhat valid excuse of moving to a new environment and getting used to a different set of circumstances(again I might add, university life hasn't quite been kind to me.)

That aside though, the point of this lil post is keep at it, I'm still very very highly interested in this game as well as most of your other projects to be honest,not all of them mind :P I didn't enjoy Villgust on a personal level(and no, it's nothing wrong with the translation/hacking, I just didn't find the game as fun as I should have, much like I didn't fall head over heels in love with Der Langrisser), between FEDA(which I still need to complete...),Lennus II(If only because Paladin's Quest was actually a very enjoyable game for myself) and some other projects which I should probably make separate posts for :P, there's a lot to look forward to and a lot of time sunk into playing "older" games

Hmm... That turned into quite a ramble. /shrug/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:08 pm 

Always glad to see our regulars drop a line and share their status with us.
As a group and here in the forum, we believe in something that goes beyond merely romhacking,
we believe in camaraderie between fellow people with common interests.

Hopefully the work we put in our patches will produce english versions of games
that are always enjoyable and can even help people in unwinding their minds out of
the difficulties of life, even if only for a little while.

Don't worry about the uni environment, you'll get used to it, and it will be over before you know it.
Look forward to our current and future projects, and we wish you well, friend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:50 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Always glad to see our regulars drop a line and share their status with us.
As a group and here in the forum, we believe in something that goes beyond merely romhacking,
we believe in camaraderie between fellow people with common interests.

Hopefully the work we put in our patches will produce english versions of games
that are always enjoyable and can even help people in unwinding their minds out of
the difficulties of life, even if only for a little while.

Don't worry about the uni environment, you'll get used to it, and it will be over before you know it.
Look forward to our current and future projects, and we wish you well, friend.
What Red Soul said... Plus, we love ya fellow gamers. What excites you, excites us.

Anyway, our main coding man, Bongo` has a new son. May God Bless him and his family! I certainly understand Bongo`'s primary focus as a dad.

When he arrives at the point he can put together an engine for finishing RoLW, we will very likely ask Recca to coordinate the main effort. This shouldn't be a monumental task, coding-wise. We just need to find time to get to it, so keep reminding us! Right now, Chaos Seed is in play, along with Burning Heroes, Aretha-II, and Silva Saga-II. We will very likely need to punch out at least one of these games before we can devote significant attention to RoLW.

Regarding Villgust, I have an ongoing desire to re-write that game in an expanded format. Naturally, Taskforce and the rest of us will collaborate to flesh out the full "glory of the story" - a key factor in any enjoyable game.

If you have time to comment on other patches on their respective boards, we will enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Finally, keep plugging in college. You need that sheepskin, if for no other reason, to complete a rite of passage. Whatever you do, don't give up!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:02 am 

Uni/college being over soonish would be enjoyable, I don't mind the studying but all the assignments are kinda annoying(particularly with my luck of teammates.) Shouldn't take too much longer methinks and don't worry, no plans on giving up anytime soon :P

I did read about Bongo whilst lurking around, many congrats to him =) as I mentioned in my opening post, take as long as needed for the game, I do understand that romhacking is a hobby for most and requires a great deal of time and effort(i.e real life takes precedence. As well it should.) to create good translations that work(not to mention rooting out all the bugs. ... ROLW was a pretty buggy game even without LNF's patch if I recall properly...)

That said, just because I'm most fond of this one project doesn't mean I don't enjoy the others, feel free to work on what you guys enjoy working on. There's no real hurry to finish off this one game.

Regarding commenting on the other patches, I think I'll have to replay some of them in part at least to remember some of the comments I had xD I guess this is where not keeping a log of what I think of game patches becomes somewhat annoying (alternatively though, revisiting games is always an enjoyable experience.) Might see if I can fit some of them time back into SNES games, uni/college seems to be easing up a bit anyways.

Villgust I think was just a matter of a game not quite fitting what I was expecting, I don't remember THAT much about it other than not enjoying it as much as I should have. (Which is why I brought up Der Langrisser, which by all accounts should have been an amazing game to playthrough a few times but I got pretty bored of it after the first playthrough.)