Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SMT If...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:19 pm 

Hi,

I am stuck in the dungeon of Greed and I have been wandering around probably for 2 and a half hours without much of a clue where to go.

I saved around a recorder (save point) on the first floor and I feel like I have seen most of the map on 1F, 2F and 3F, any idea where I should go next, please?

I assume there should be a town in this dungeon too (one of the FAQs says as much but the directions to it are somewhat unclear) but I have not found it. I also have not seen any statue yet either!

How far or close to a town am I if I am right next to the recorder (save point)?

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:30 pm 

which floor are you at?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:51 pm 

btw, this dungeon is not as straightforward as it looks.
some parts are reachable only from floors above/below, so you'll pretty much be traversing the levels up and down.
also the automap does not show the disjointed parts of the same level as a single contiguous map, but as separate maps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm 

After sloth and envy I thought I was going to have it easy (or at least easier) with this one but, as you have mentioned, NOPE! It really is not straightforward with more of those evil warps and doors that only work in one directions. (Thank goodness for estoma).

Currently I am on floor 1F near the yellow dot. The yellow dot is the saving area, that is all I know about where I am located. I got to this part of 1F after going down some....slides? on floor 2F and going down a bunch of long corridors. I ignored all the doors and just kept taking stairs up and down. Now it is now morning and I really have no clue where to go now, now that time has passed.

I have seen a lot of 1F, 2F and 3F but would love to find this town which, as one of the FAQS states, is on 1F....Another faq I found says it is on BF1 so I am a little confused.

Do you remember the save point and where to go from there by any chance?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:22 pm 

post screenshots of your automap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:28 pm 

and the town is on B1F.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:32 pm 

entrance to town

Attachments:
File comment: entrance to town
1f.png
1f.png [ 79.69 KiB | Viewed 20483 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:24 pm 

Wow, super useful, I totally missed that bottom left part. Thanks. Lots more searching to do (I am at the yellow dot in your pic).

Do you think it is a long trek?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 am 

you have to reach it from the stairs at the south-west part shown on the map.
after which, you'll have to climb your way up through a totally new area to lvl 4 for the boss fight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:22 pm 

Ya, from the yellow dot where I was, it was not hard to reach the town in the greed dungeon. I took about 6 or 7 treasures and got, I think the 3rd form of the boss who had poor attack by high defense and bullets did not scratch him.

So now I am on 4F of the school. It seems there are no places to heal, buy/sell, fuse demons, etc. in the school, correct? And I will have to leave the school any time I need to do that stuff. The pride dungeon is the easiest for most of that but to buy the best bullets...that is in the greed dungeon. Just thinking out loud here.

What level were people at by the end of the game and for the last boss? I am about level 45 but I assume I need to grind a lot more and also fuse demons a lot more to start getting really good ones. Some of the demons in the Greed dungeon are still very hard to recruit and will take a lot and then flee. Honestly I dislike this game a lot, feels like a chore and I just want to finish it as soon as I can, don't care about rare demons or kick butt weapons as long as the last boss goes down - do people think that is possible at level 50?