Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Post subject: Re: SSMS-II enters in-house beta testing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Might be wise to do what Draken did after the second round of beta testing. Release v0.99 as a prerelease to catch any final issues and then release the 1.00 at a future date ones reports come back in on what was found.
This games has so many twists and turns, that sounds like an efficient way to manage it. You don't build the perception someone is getting hold of a finished product, only to have his bubble burst when he finds ten little things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 pm 

If anyone is interested, I have discovered what determines the attack power of the Fire Sword and Ice Blade, and also what determines the defense power of the Wonder Robe. I will continue to test these hypotheses as I progress, but so far they seem to hold up. Here are the formulas:

Fire Sword and Ice Blade ---> Base Max MP * 0.75 = Attack Power

Wonder Robe ---> Base Wisdom * 1.25 = Defense Power

All resulting values are truncated. Example: 10.9 = 10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
If anyone is interested, I have discovered what determines the attack power of the Fire Sword and Ice Blade, and also what determines the defense power of the Wonder Robe. I will continue to test these hypotheses as I progress, but so far they seem to hold up. Here are the formulas:

This is good information. Let me copy a mostly machine-translated bit of information from a Japanese website. Not everything makes sense to me. Maybe it will be of use...

What is the strongest weapon?
Small number of weapons to attack weapons in proportion to the magic
Fire sword, Ice blade", Thunder Saber", and Mage Knife is
Magic in this value ignores armor plus:
That's the magic of the character increased attack power
This weapon's attack power is calculated as follows

Attack power = 16 x Hex-460

Here is-460, but ATK 0 for minimum values below 0 will not
Is that it holds the Magic's best LV99 going back to the original character weapons can be equipped
Rumiella become 80 hex value is the character
Can be equipped by Rumiella in Mage Knife attack reaches 820
Even with the strongest weapon in the general sense "aura bringer' attack 254, because abnormality is self-explanatory
Princess gains tremendous attack power 995 and combining force 175 for Rumiella.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:00 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Swordmaster wrote:

This is good information. Let me copy a mostly machine-translated bit of information from a Japanese website. Not everything makes sense to me. Maybe it will be of use...

Is that it holds the Magic's best LV99 going back to the original character weapons can be equipped
Even with the strongest weapon in the general sense "aura bringer' attack 254, because abnormality is self-explanatory
Princess gains tremendous attack power 995 and combining force 175 for Rumiella.

That... that hurt... my brain. Machine-translation into English is a mortal enemy of the English-speaking "Grammar Nazi". You might as well have said, "Ni!" to me, sir! lol

But seriously, thank you for sharing this assuredly useful information. Though, so far, all I can make out of it is that in high levels these "variable weapons" become much stronger than ordinary weapons. Do you know what is meant by "Hex-460", Wildbill? And shall I assume that my formula is incorrect and will eventually break down?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Swordmaster wrote:

That... that hurt... my brain. Machine-translation into English is a mortal enemy of the English-speaking "Grammar Nazi". You might as well have said, "Ni!" to me, sir! lol

But seriously, thank you for sharing this assuredly useful information. Though, so far, all I can make out of it is that in high levels these "variable weapons" become much stronger than ordinary weapons. Do you know what is meant by "Hex-460", Wildbill? And shall I assume that my formula is incorrect and will eventually break down?
If I look at a dozen of these read-outs, I can usually glean two or three useful tidbits. Remember, these are written by regular people in Japan, not professional writers.

What I can tell you from personal experience is that if you give the Mage Knife to anyone except Rumiella, it's just a plain ol' knife pretty much. Give it to the princess, though, and mid-game onward, she may randomly inflict greater damage with that knife than the strongest man with the biggest sword!

It seems that Rumiella's Magic attribute can act as an extreme force multiplier when equipped with that specific knife, and it far exceeds that of a a higher-rated weapon - when Rumiella equips it - but an armament that possesses no magical properties. The HEX reference probably relates an algorithm in the game's code that activates that effect.

Under certain circumstance, and maybe with specific fighters, I believe the power of the Ice and Flame weapons may be similarly coded, but with critical hits, I've learned that no one is more lethal - at times - than Rumiella armed with her trusty Mage Knife. Bottom line, have Rumiella stab monsters and Baltz heal people - sometimes!

This cuts against typical RPG structures, in that the higher the rating of a piece of equipment - the more desirable it becomes to possess it due greater strengthening. This is yet one more factor in SSMS-II that makes it challenging and unique - and fascinating to discover these secrets.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:53 pm 

Hello. I've replayed all the endings using the latest version of the patched rom (DKM2-Jul-3-2018) and the line overflows, etc, that were initially reported have now been corrected :)

So I look forward in case there's anything else to test about SSMSII. Or if you need betatesters for any other project, I'm ready to begin (Aretha, if I recall clearly? I think MariusB has already completed a first pass).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

akualung wrote:
Hello. I've replayed all the endings using the latest version of the patched rom (DKM2-Jul-3-2018) and the line overflows, etc, that were initially reported have now been corrected :)

So I look forward in case there's anything else to test about SSMSII. Or if you need betatesters for any other project, I'm ready to begin (Aretha, if I recall clearly? I think MariusB has already completed a first pass).
Appreciate everything! Aretha-I coming your way soon. Draken is getting fairly deep into A-I.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:17 pm 

I cannot wait anymore for Super shell monster story II! I've finished the first one and very loved it. This one looks even greater. The project is at 99%, so I believe we'll see it come to life soon? I very hope so.
Until then keep up your good and sharp work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hiro leeberty wrote:
I cannot wait anymore for Super shell monster story II! I've finished the first one and very loved it. This one looks even greater. The project is at 99%, so I believe we'll see it come to life soon? I very hope so.
Until then keep up your good and sharp work.
Thanks for the encouragement. The only holdup in finishing SSMS-II work are a few graphics conversions. The game itself plays quite smoothly except in very rare and unpredictable instances when minor text glitches pop up. These are likely induced by a player who is using save-states - a process we will strongly discourage in this game, specifically.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:34 am 

I also have been eagerly awaiting this too, glad to hear its almost finished. The first one was quite a fun play-through. Was there ever a verdict on if the game will get a standard public release? Is it still being debated? I was just wondering if it does get a "limited" release how one might get on the list to play it? From what I have seen this is considered one of the best snes jrpgs to never leave Japan and I would love to get a chance to play it if possible. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next