Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Post subject: Re: Status Update
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:50 pm 

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
This game had one of the best final battles I've seen in a RPG.

I'm looking forward to this game with anticipation, it looks GREAT! I've been watching parts of a let's play of the original Japanese version (being careful so as not to spoil myself) and it gives me a strong "Earthbound meets Treasure of the Rudras" vibe. I didn't apply to this game's beta-testing because I was in the middle of my language school mid-term exams and I feared not having enough free time to concentrating on doing a proper test. Also, as I see, the beta-testing process is in good, capable hands already ;)

Of course, if by any chance I find anything when I get to play it, I'll tell you after being sure it's not a mistake by my side or something I overlooked.

Oh, by the way... In the let's play, I've seen that the overworld map (more precisely, a map you can bring up to see the entire overworld) looks a little glitched. An example in this video, minute 24:25 approx. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnWNNR4dYK4

Does this happen to you as well? Or perhaps he's using an old version emulator?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:25 pm 

akualung wrote:
JeffCotten1989 wrote:

I'm looking forward to this game with anticipation, it looks GREAT! I've been watching parts of a let's play of the original Japanese version (being careful so as not to spoil myself) and it gives me a strong "Earthbound meets Treasure of the Rudras" vibe. I didn't apply to this game's beta-testing because I was in the middle of my language school mid-term exams and I feared not having enough free time to concentrating on doing a proper test. Also, as I see, the beta-testing process is in good, capable hands already ;)

Of course, if by any chance I find anything when I get to play it, I'll tell you after being sure it's not a mistake by my side or something I overlooked.

Oh, by the way... In the let's play, I've seen that the overworld map (more precisely, a map you can bring up to see the entire overworld) looks a little glitched. An example in this video, minute 24:25 approx. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnWNNR4dYK4

That's not an entirely wrong description, but... you'll see; let's say that the story actually has some interesting moments I did not expect at all. ;) I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I probably liked it the most out of the SNES RPGs I've tried over the last year. I haven't seen that glitch yet, but I'm guessing you're gonna get some good means of transport later on in the game. It could be causing this maybe... well, we'll see. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:46 pm 

akualung wrote:
JeffCotten1989 wrote:

Yeah, I did experience this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 pm 

akualung wrote:
JeffCotten1989 wrote:

Spoiler! :
Yeah, Mothership Omega reminded me of the final dungeon from Riza's scenario.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

@JeffCotten1989: I look forward to your report on the tracker. You should look at it often, though, as I just fixed several issue already reported by MariusB

@hausen: Don't worry. We won't be rebalancing the game.

@Akualung: I checked the video, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it was just too blurry for me... I REALLY feel like this game is one of the last GREAT SNES games needing to be released. I'm a little surprised nobody picked it up sooner. It had a lot of potential, and I hope I've done it justice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:33 pm 

Draken wrote:
@JeffCotten1989: I look forward to your report on the tracker. You should look at it often, though, as I just fixed several issue already reported by MariusB

@Akualung: I checked the video, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it was just too blurry for me... I REALLY feel like this game is one of the last GREAT SNES games needing to be released. I'm a little surprised nobody picked it up sooner. It had a lot of potential, and I hope I've done it justice.

Yes, the image quality of the video is not very good, to say the least. There was another let's play with better video quality, but I think it's unfinished. This is the screen I was referring to:

Spoiler! :

It's that grey area on the lower part of the map and also to the right, with the black dots. Although, as I mentioned, perhaps it's a problem of the emulator that youtube user was using (the let's play is around 2~3 years old, apparently). JeffCotten1989 has said he has experienced it too. But, as long as it doesn't affect the playability...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 pm 

Draken wrote:

I was talking about somebody else doing the rebalancing hack. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 pm 

I'm just taking a short break before I play through GOD again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 am 

I've basically finished the first playthrough and reported all the "final" stuff. Very good game indeed. I still want to check some additional stuff though, seeing that I haven't done that yet, and do some additional bug hunting. Thank you, was a pleasure. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:05 pm 

MariusB wrote:
I've basically finished the first playthrough and reported all the "final" stuff. Very good game indeed. I still want to check some additional stuff though, seeing that I haven't done that yet, and do some additional bug hunting. Thank you, was a pleasure. :)

Mariusb, JeffCotten1989. I wrote to both of you in a private message asking if you could send me your savefiles to test that supposed "glitch" on the map. Well, I've confirmed that I was wrong. Apparently, it turns out it's not a graphical glitch, but simply that the map gets uncovered progressively as you traverse the overworld (a la "Breath of Fire 1" or "Glory of Herakles IV" style), so those grey areas weren't a glitch, but portions of the overworld the player hasn't visited yet. So if you haven't sent me your savefiles, don't send them, It's not necessary anymore. Thank you very much, anyway. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next