Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Princess Minerva impressions...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Atelier Tohka wrote:
There also seems to be some text scrolling off the box in battles.
Is this true in every case?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah it is happening in every case. Sorry, there was a final bugfix we had to do which involved a major assembly fix which caused both new issues after beta was over. I've asked Bongo` to let me know how to fix it and I'll issue a new patch as soon as I can. Amazing how one little fix can cause so much chaos.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

I am still waiting to see this. I emailed TF already. I don't have this issue at the moment. If anyone has a save file where I can see this, send it my way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:58 am 

Once again digging this game, great translation! The game itself is also pretty good.

My game freezes in battle sometimes, not sure if that is an issue with the original programming or not, but it has done that 2 or 3 times so far and I just got to chapter 4.

Also, sometimes when using auto battle (and sometimes even when not) my characters attack a blank square, not sure why that happens. Usually, in most games, when you push auto battle your characters automatically attack the next enemy. Does not seem to always be the case in this game and you risk losing a turn if you push auto battle, so I have not been using auto anymore. Perhaps another glitch from the original game?

I am at about level 27 to 28 for all of my characters going into chapter 4, how is that for levels, too high? Too low? Just right?

Look forward to your next game, Aretha 1/2, GOD or SSMS2 or whatever it may be!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:11 am 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Once again digging this game, great translation! The game itself is also pretty good.

My game freezes in battle sometimes, not sure if that is an issue with the original programming or not, but it has done that 2 or 3 times so far and I just got to chapter 4.

Also, sometimes when using auto battle (and sometimes even when not) my characters attack a blank square, not sure why that happens. Usually, in most games, when you push auto battle your characters automatically attack the next enemy. Does not seem to always be the case in this game and you risk losing a turn if you push auto battle, so I have not been using auto anymore. Perhaps another glitch from the original game?

I am at about level 27 to 28 for all of my characters going into chapter 4, how is that for levels, too high? Too low? Just right?

Look forward to your next game, Aretha 1/2, GOD or SSMS2 or whatever it may be!
Never used auto battle - good question.

La Wares may be next!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 am 
Site Admin

@DoubleDvideogames: Weird. I never once had my game freeze during battle, nor did do remember the girls attacking an empty "square" once an enemy had been defeated. Maybe I just got lucky and didn't encounter these bugs (the original game is riddled with bugs), or maybe it's a bug introduced after my testing, or maybe it could be caused if you have cheats enabled, OR maybe it's your emulator. I ran on Snes9x with no problems.

If you can tell us more specifics, we'd love to know. Just saying "this" sometimes happens doesn't really help us fix the problem if we can't narrow down when it's happening. Sorry, not trying to come off as negative or unappreciative, I just doubt anyone involved with the project wants to play through the whole game again in the off-chance we MAY encounter one of the bugs you're reporting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:08 am 

Sometimes I use "no encounter "cheats" " in other games but I have not used any cheats in this game and I do not intend to as I think it is pretty easy and the encounter rate is not bad (but I also just beat Black Sigil: Blade of the exiled for the PSP which had a terrible encounter rate so nothing will ever seem bad after that game).

I am using an snes emulator on my samsung tablet, so perhaps it is an issue with the emulator. These days I prefer to have that handheld experience, so to speak, so I play a lot of my snes, genesis, game gear, GBA and NDS rpgs on my samsung.

The snes emulator I am using is this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Plus&hl=en

I can send a save game file AND save state if needed.

I used the IPS version of the patch.

Let me know if there is anything else required.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for offering to send the files! Since Taskforce is the project manager, I'll let him contact you with more details.

The crashing could be a result of the emulator. The game was never tested with that specific iteration of Snes9x, so I can't guarantee how stably it runs. The other issue where characters attack "blank spots", though, could be something else, and again, I wouldn't be surprised if it were also in the original ROM :/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:04 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, the attacking a blank spot is VERY likely a bug of the original game (the game had some seriously bad bugs left that were never squashed before release), and probably wouldn't be worth the massive amount of time to fix it. As for the lockups, I've got a good hunch it has to be emulator related. I'm at this very moment replaying the game again (as my sister is in town and I'm playing with her) and have just reached chapter 4 without any issues. I've also spoken to a few people who have finished the game without issue as well, so I'd assume it is definitely emulator related. However, if anyone else is having this problem, please do report it to us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Were your characters set to attack an enemy that occupied that space, but the enemy was killed in the same round, and the characters kept attacking the empty space? This is typical of games from a certain era. The first Lunar did this too if I remember correctly. I think the Slayers game we worked on does, though I don't remember well, maybe not. At any rate, it's a feature of a lot of older games until they decided that it seemed silly and started programming around it.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB