Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Princess Minerva Official Guide Scans (Japanese)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:11 pm 

Do you guys want me to share a link to the game's official guide? it might be useful to people who are working on the game translation..
here's a look at a few of the pages. (Warning, large pictures). OH! it's also in Japanese, NOT English.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Here's the link to the .Zip files, enjoy!
https://jmp.sh/EEYIBPX (Pages 1-20)
https://jmp.sh/4idvA1O (Pages 21-40)
https://jmp.sh/hBogqu0 (Pages 41-65)

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Last edited by SylarDean on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Princess Minerva Official Guide Scans (Japanese)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:28 am 
Site Admin

I'd like to have it.
Spoiler! :
I'd definitely like to know what they're showing on page 22. That looks like the other missing hot spring. May not be present in the SNES version though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Spoiler! :
O_o Could it be showing that other spring we couldn't find? I certainly didn't see that location when I played the game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 am 

OKay.. i'll upload it now in a minute.. i'll link it on the first post.. it's quite a big zip file mind.. like 650mb(ish). I saved the scans as .bmp purely cos it would
keep its quality if someone wanted to resize them or add them all into one .pdf file.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:20 am 
Site Admin

Wow.... That manual gives away sooooo much!

Edit: Oops, I'm an idiot. Here I was thinking it's the "manual" and not a guide book. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 am 

Apparently, various deities existed in the PCE-CD game to change the default growth parameters, maybe that's what it is really. Considering that the PCE-CD version came out first, it could've been an omission on the part of devs, and they just left the text files in there. Wouldn't be surprising, seeing that there are some other bugs - otherwise, I don't know; perhaps it's a good idea to play through some bits of the PCE-CD version to figure that out. As an aside, they really had some cool guidebooks in Japan. No wonder they never needed a site like GameFAQs, hah. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 pm 

Draken wrote:
Wow.... That manual gives away sooooo much!

LOL! well glad you all like it, and I agree the information in it is plentiful. It seems though this guide book is
in fact the OFFICIAL SFC/SNES guide book.. NOT the PCE-CD version. I did extensive research and messaged
the seller before buying the guide to make sure I had the right one.

I wonder if someone would ever translate this guide book to English as a project? that would be awesome, even
if they only translated the guide main pages information.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Do not read this spoiler unless you want a MAJOR secret of the game spoiled. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Spoiler! :
I just wish someone would translate page 22 so I'd know where the heck to find that shrine/hot spring :)

Looks like it is in chapter 1 somewhere as Tua is coming out at level 3 looks like.

Hmm, the plot thickens. In the text, the guy in Emerse they're showing in the image does say something about a goddess shrine north of town and I suspect at some point it does appear. Everyone might have just missed it so far as nobody revisited Emerse at the proper time.

Well, I replayed chapter 1 and at no point did that extra bit of text show up. I can only assume the guide is based on a preview copy that had content removed before release (which happens quite often.)

WOOHOO FOUND IT! Man this bugger was hidden so well.

It has to do with talking or not talking to certain individuals (which i seemed to have skipped) and then it is WELL hidden after you get the text in Emerse.

ImageImage

OK, after further investigation, I'm not sure what the heck activates this shrine. Now I can't get into it again. Even doing the same thing from the same save state and the message showing up it won't let me in now. This is the most random odd thing I've ever seen. I do know it is there now. Why didn't I do a save state ;_;.

OK, I think I've got this figured out. The guy in Emerse will randomly tell you about the spring because he is even saying it after a new game now. Not sure what triggers him saying it or if it is only during certain times or what. At any rate, the spring must be opened (where it is hidden) by hitting buttons (not gonna say what buttons or where the shrine is) but this is the missing shrine. The shrine may or may not be available before the guy tells you.

The Hot Spring is available any time and it does something quite epic. It allows you to change experience distribution and gain skills you cannot gain otherwise. For example. Minerva can take a dip in the elf spring and it will let her get 10% exp on elf magic. Another dip 20% ect. You get 5 dips total.

I will not post an image of the exact location, but if you want one. You may ask me in PM. I will send you one SylarDean.

At any rate, just like you'd expect with this slightly buggy game, the shine seems slightly bugged. When you select to use the character that you are controlling when you talk to the shrine, that character will continue to stand there as well as go take a dip LOL. Guess the goddess temporarily clones them :)

BIG thanks to SylarDean for posting that book. Without it, who knows if this secret would ever be found. You don't even find mention of it on Japanese walkthroughs or the one on Gamefaqs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:16 pm 

OH WOW! that's one super hidden secret for chapter 1.. weird they'd do something like that for a first chapter... i'd expect something like this at maybe around chapter 4 considering it's effectively messing around with stats and stuff. NICE FIND!

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:41 pm 

hmmmm.. so i ran the writing through an OCR online and it came up with some stuff but it's hard to understand.. i'll post the translations here, maybe someone can make sense of it. I know google translate is utter crap and bing is NOT so good either but its the only two options it offers to translate the japanese.. so i'll post both variations on each scan.

Spoiler! :

Interestingly it seems though the PC version of the game you could only upgrade the magic 3 times but the SNES/SFC they upgraded it to 5 times :O Reading further down the translation its mentioning something about finishing the game and starting a new game.. i'm wondering if you have a completed save game file on the game cart and start a new game this hidden place is like a new game + mode maybe? something like Chrono Trigger.

Update: Things i have tried to get it working.. 1. Gone as far as entering the last tower in chapter one. 2. Chatted to everyone in all towns and nothing. 3. Fought over 200 battles by checking with the nun using the raise option as she tells you how many battles you have done. 4. Ran in and out of the town and spoke to the man each time about 40 times to see if it's random chat change.

I AM actually wondering if it's level based.. maybe you have to be like lvl 15+ or higher (level 20+ maybe) to get him to mention about the shrine.

Spoiler! :