Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Longplay Video
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

In case you're interested in checking out how the translation came out, there's a longplay video available on World of Longplays. It's the one on the list from 2016/11/16. They have a backlog of videos to post to YouTube so it's download only for now.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: Longplay Video
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:30 am 
Site Admin

I still need to release that last update patch that fixes those few little issues that I changed at one time but somehow worked their way back into the game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:01 am 
Site Admin

Whoa! I just visited that site (longplays.org), and saw some crazy stuff going on with my AdblockPlus program. I normally turn add-blocking on as default for new sites I visit, just in case. I do, however, turn it off on sites that I frequently visit so that add revenue can go to support the sites I like. Anyway, when I visited longplays, the number of blocked adds sky-rocketed! The counter just kept going and going, and I thought it was probably just some buggy coding, but it eventually stopped at 487 total adds blocked!! I've never seen it go this high! I guess they REALLY want me to see some adds ;P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:17 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
I still need to release that last update patch that fixes those few little issues that I changed at one time but somehow worked their way back into the game.
Git'er done!

Draken wrote:
Whoa! I just visited that site (longplays.org), and saw some crazy stuff going on with my AdblockPlus program. I normally turn add-blocking on as default for new sites I visit, just in case. I do, however, turn it off on sites that I frequently visit so that add revenue can go to support the sites I like. Anyway, when I visited longplays, the number of blocked adds sky-rocketed! The counter just kept going and going, and I thought it was probably just some buggy coding, but it eventually stopped at 487 total adds blocked!! I've never seen it go this high! I guess they REALLY want me to see some adds ;P
AdBlock Plus says 0 items blocked... Are you sure it's just that page?

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
AdBlock Plus says 0 items blocked... Are you sure it's just that page?

Jus clicked again, and I have a grand total of 487 blocked adds from the one site. Weird that it's nothing happening to you as well. Probably something to do with the browser (safari) I'm using to access the site I imagine.

I was happy to see some of our other games (well.. Lennus 2 at least) up there!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:33 pm 

Hey, that's curious! I liked this game quite a lot. Good to see that it is somewhat popular still, in English this time around!

Have any of you guys played the Game Gear Zenki game? I liked it as well, and some story bits seemed to be somewhat different from the manga, so maybe it would be good to do that one at some point. :) I haven't looked into the PC-FX game really, but I guess it would require a lot of work, since it's full of VA. Anyway, sorry for the rant, watching it just reminded me of the existence of other Zenki games. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Depend how hard that Game Gear game is to hack. Our resident assembly guru here only knows the 6502/65816 CPU and Nintendo hardware. However, that being said, as long as their is no compression involved, I've hacked game gear before. And I do know Z80 assembly (just not the workings of the Game Gear.) So I might just look into it at some point, but I wouldn't expect it very soon. I don't have enough time right now to get going on it at this time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:03 am 

It does seem to have some challenges of its own, like the graphics and the vertical text in places, so I guess it wouldn't be the easiest project to handle. I just thought about it, because it seemed to be one of the better Zenki games out there. In general, there seemingly aren't that many interesting Game Gear games left to translate, apart from a couple of RPGs (Moldorian in particular), so I reckon it's not enough of an incentive to learn more about GG hacking itself...