Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post subject: Re: Feda finally translated
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:40 pm 

I'll see if I have it and if not I'll try and make them for you.

As far as I recall, despite there being eight emblems, there are four endings only, in the Snes version
whilist the Saturn remake has one unique ending for each.

I believe the emblem correspondence is as follows:

Feda: Happy ending 1
Blade Eagle: Happy ending 2
Viper: Neutral ending
Any Chaos Emblem: Bad ending

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:58 am 

The Saturn one has 1 ending per emblem? Really nice.

As for the save, never mind, I was able to get the 3rd ending after all!

Thanks a million Red Soul.

*Edit:

Another thing, all the faqs say the neutral ending is gotten if the emblem is Viper, Phantom or Balrog. But you say only Viper. Which one is correct?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 pm 

Hmm I've been a bit rusty on details, but consider the FAQs correct for the time being, at least until I can test to confirm otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:47 am 
Site Admin

ReyVGM wrote:
The Saturn one has 1 ending per emblem? Really nice.

As for the save, never mind, I was able to get the 3rd ending after all!

Thanks a million Red Soul.

*Edit:

Another thing, all the faqs say the neutral ending is gotten if the emblem is Viper, Phantom or Balrog. But you say only Viper. Which one is correct?
Back when I was thrashing through those four endings, I seem to recall having difficulties getting consistent results. This may have been due to random triggers that I never picked up on or simply a randomness factor at play in the algorithm. One ending I could never trigger at all. I had to borrow one of Draken's save-states to polish that particular ending. If I'm not mistaken, only the two chaos endings appeared to be predictable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

I can't remember what I did to get all three endings.. Nothing super special, I guess. I just tried to follow the guidelines for each.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 am 

Well, both rpgclassics and gamefaqs have the same info, so I guess that should be the correct answer then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:53 am 

Hey guys. New to the boards. I just ran across this game very recently. I'm a huge Shining Force fan, and since Sega has completely run the series into the ground, it's nice to see that there is still a "Shining Force-ish" game out there that I haven't played.

I'm thinking about playing through this one, but I'd like to play through the Saturn remake. Do you guys have the english script in a word file, or something? I've heard the story hasn't really changed, so I figure I can follow along with the SNES english script while I play the saturn remake. That would be awesome, if you guys have that.

Also, I noticed some talk about translating the saturn version. People over at Shining Force Central have been using SSF to emulate all 3 scenarios of Shining Force 3 just fine. I would think it could handle FEDA. I recently just finished playing all 3 scenarios in english on my saturn. They worked out a system where you rip the actual game disks, apply the translation patch, and burn the new disk. Using the "saturn swap trick", you can play in english using your actual saturn! If you are interested, I'm sure the people at SFC would be willing to point you in the right directions. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:45 am 

Welcome to the boards Kalkano. I'm a big fan of SRPGs also and having worked very hard to beta test and help the team deliver the latest revisions of our Feda patch,
I would also be delighted to work with the Saturn version. Recently, I've been playing it to see how stable it is on SSF and its mostly playable, but semi - animated FMVs are not synched correctly (audio - video synch) to me; also, savestating seems a bit flaky and unreliable at this point (probably due to incomplete CD block emulation by SSF) so I thought I'd make that known.

If the team eventually decides to greenlight the project for the Saturn remake, I'll bridge SF Central and the group myself so we can acheive the best result possible.
Also of note, the sequel to Feda is on the PS1, which would also be cool do work with eventually.

Edit: I confirmed that savestating doesn't work correctly on Feda Remake when using SSF, trying to load a savestate crashes the game completely, so when playing Save RAM has to be used for the time being, until a newer version addresses the issue.
However, using version .11 Alpha R5 allows savestating to function as it should, so that version should be used until .12 can get its compatibility fixed.

Edit 2: Here is a short list of differences I noticed from the Snes original:

- FMVs detailing Balformia's rise to power and the attack in Badd

- Anime cels instead of sprites for battle scenes

- Different emblem chart (Blade Eagle now demands 6 battles, not 3)

- Dialogue loop in the begining and healer bug are absent, I assume all other bugs were also ironed out

- Semi animated cutscenes with audio for key points in the story

- Spells and Skills cost more MP.

- Characters that had no skills now have them (makes Shane actually useful) , characters that previously had skills got one more.

- In the Laser Cannon battle, killing all enemies is actually a lawful objective and the only way to truly end the battle.
seems our pals at Yanoman slipped up yet again in the snes original, forcing the alignment to go down even when doing the right thing...

I'll modify this post as I find more differences

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:05 am 

i volunteer to beta test THE SATURN VERSION translation :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:16 pm 

Thank you for the translation! I haven't
played it yet, but I saw something:
The screenshot says "Has the leadership
lost it's mind?" despite the fact that
it should be "its". Do not use
contractions if you do not know
how to use them...! English isn't
my native language, but I still
know that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next