Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Feda finally translated
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 pm 

I'm so glad that this patch is finally finished because I love this kind of RPG's like this or Shining Force series thanks to everyone involved in this project. ;)

Post subject: Re: Feda finally translated
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:12 pm 

Its good to see you like Feda. I do too. Expect a revision in the weeks to come as I've been polishing this masterpiece for
a while now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:45 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/user/HeavensFrog ... jbOQ1jNypo

This guy plays feda on youtube so if anyone got lost check his videos ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:04 pm 

I have to give special props to those that translated this game. I love this game! In many ways its better than Shining Force and that is HIGH praise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:27 pm 

We will soon release a revision patch for Feda, spearheaded by yours truly and supported by the rest of the crew.
Having played through this game many more times than most mortals would, I will tell you its not better than Shining Force, nor its worse.
Its much more different than one could assume, even if at first glance that is not true.
Both games are complex and wonderful in different ways.
Coincidentally its quite likely the best incarnations of both games exist in the saturn platform (Shining Force III and Feda Remake).
They are both much more complex than their 16-bit counterparts and again stand to comparison, not really superiority.
If you have a dual-core processor or higher, I recommend you get around playing these games.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:21 pm 

Red Soul wrote:
We will soon release a revision patch for Feda...

If you'll do, I promise to check it out! Have the game in my mind till I first time saw it in your completed projects.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 pm 

I'm sure you won't be disappointed Kvachu, and I'm sure you won't have to wait too long either since all the corrections are in place.
Now that Mystic Ark 1.01 was released it should be easier to fit Feda's revision release into our time tables.
I love the game so much myself that I was playing it since 0.95 beta (long before D-D was institutionalized by the Stealth/Magic Destiny merger)
so that should say something.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:07 pm 

I'm sorry for necro posting on this thread instead of starting a new one concerning the latest patch, but seeing there're only two threads on this section I thought it'd be better if I just posted on here.

Anyhoo... I ran into a bit of a snag at the very beginning, no not in game per se but on the patching process. The readme file you had bundled with the Translation Patch archive is mistaken. It said that you need a headerless ROM for the patch to work. Thankfully most copies of the game on ROMs hosting sites are certified headerless copies. However, applying the patch on a headerless ROM will yield a non working game LOL! I tried attaching a header onto the certified clean & correct Feda ROM then I applied the patch and.... voila! A working fan translated Feda ROM :)

I think you need to edit the readme file so as to not mislead would be people interested in the patch :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

CRV10 wrote:
I'm sorry for necro posting on this thread instead of starting a new one concerning the latest patch, but seeing there're only two threads on this section I thought it'd be better if I just posted on here.

Anyhoo... I ran into a bit of a snag at the very beginning, no not in game per se but on the patching process. The readme file you had bundled with the Translation Patch archive is mistaken. It said that you need a headerless ROM for the patch to work. Thankfully most copies of the game on ROMs hosting sites are certified headerless copies. However, applying the patch on a headerless ROM will yield a non working game LOL! I tried attaching a header onto the certified clean & correct Feda ROM then I applied the patch and.... voila! A working fan translated Feda ROM :)

I think you need to edit the readme file so as to not mislead would be people interested in the patch :)
Thanks for the head(er)s-up, CRV10... Red Soul: Halp!! Read the readme me and send me a new paragraph to insert regarding the patching evolution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:53 pm 

Sure, wil ldo ^.^'' my fault really as during testing for the revision I played the rom pre patched and didn't test a clean on so see its "headerness".
I'll email you a new paragraph later today Bill, sorry.