Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Shiji Hero Legend under Evaluation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

hausen wrote:
Quote:
(Did SylarDean construct an annotated Shiji map? BTW, where IS SylarDean!?)
Quote:
I think it will be best for now, until the game
has an official announcement of its project going ahead, that I stop labelling the world map. I have it saved any hows so I can
keep it stored safe until the day comes that D-D announces it as a project.

In the mean time, I will remove any pictures I have posted here cos I don't want other people not involved in the translation
project getting a hold on this map, as it's a creation i'm only doing for YOU guys.
The quote is SylarDean's from a thread here in... 2016? - time flies!! - about SHL. Should SD happen to read the latest buzz around this project I'm sure he'd considering putting back up that awesome map of his! I did save a copy of the image, but without his permission I'm hesitant to sharing it around.
Agree. Let's wait until SylarDean gets a break from university and we can pull him into this probably soon-to-be-announced SHL thing. Meanwhile, I won't do anything that might be redundant to his fine works.

News Flash!! I, just minutes ago, fixed my own broken SHL level-up process, myself!

Somehow, I blew this entire string out of SE-0.txt (an insertion file)......

.POINTER = $101020
; Offset: $101CEE

; [mem$F100]は強くなった
[mem$F100] grew stronger!
[end-0]

Next, look at the position of that [End] code. I had moved all of the attributes' [end] codes from the position you see it above to:

.POINTER = $1010A0
; Offset: $101D00

; 腕力が[num$F300]上がった
Arm strength rose [num$F300].[end-0]

Compacting [end] codes in dialogue strings didn't seem to harm anything. In fact, without a [cls] code available in this game (yet), manipulating [end] codes helped me effect a somewhat clumsy and laborious formatting process without scrolling lines stopping in positions that cut off at the bottom in the middle of unfinished sentences.

Changing the [end] codes with the attribute level-up strings, however, caused a 10-car interstate pileup!

It's all good now, but I feel like a complete dork! Looking at the bright side, 3X3 wouldn't be a V0.47 right now had I not screwed this up. It would be about a 30, and SHL would be at about 20 instead of 12. I wonder if I did something equally dufus to stop Yakumo and Pai from gaining EXP after each battle in 3X3. Stuff like this makes Bongo` roll his eyes, but I don't dream in code, B-Man!

I'm just a simple country writer! What am I doing foolin' with all of these blamed codes anyway!?

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Shiji Hero Legend under Evaluation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Just remember, dialog is usually more forgiving than non-dialog stuff. menus/items/battle text you should probably never mess with the format in the file. This isn't always the case, like with say item descriptions in some games. Sometimes those are fine to mess with, but usually misc text will not behave well if you alter it from the system Bongo` has in place.