Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 3X3 Eyes Title Screen
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:18 am 
Site Admin

Filler decided the English sub-title for this project a while back. I could (and will, if necessary) dig it out of e-mail.

Now's a good time to consider where to place that sub-title, above (red) or below (purple) the "3X3" and what else to place on this screenshot of the current Japanese title screen (or maybe blot out altogether). Some of the white script below "Start", if translated, is redundant to "Yutaka", I believe. Might want D-D, Not for Sale, or another option for some or all of that - just need to know what to ask of FlashPV.

I've opened up discussion on Shiji's title screen, too. Once decided on both, I'm hoping FlashPV will grace our projects with yet two more English title screens. Ideally, I would like to communicate with him on both of these at the same time and allow him the maximum lead time possible.

I'm already about 22% through this game with a fully playable mostly English beta (lacking a bit of tile conversion in the intro).

Post subject: Re: 3X3 Eyes Title Screen
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 am 
Site Admin

With the tiles and maps dumped by Bongo`, neither title screen would be a hard thing to do. You really shouldn't bother a graphics artist to do them. That is the longer harder way to do these.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:54 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
With the tiles and maps dumped by Bongo`, neither title screen would be a hard thing to do. You really shouldn't bother a graphics artist to do them. That is the longer harder way to do these.
Didn't know. Are you doing them?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:02 am 
Site Admin

I will if Bongo` gets me the stuff. If the title screen has a complicated structure like SSMS, yeah a graphic artist is likely the way to go but simplified text is not a bother (even when it has complicated shading). There is no way I would have done as nice a job on the SSMS title screen, it was overly complicated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Now's a good time to consider where to place that sub-title, above (red) or below (purple) the "3X3" and what else to place on this screenshot of the current Japanese title screen (or maybe blot out altogether). Some of the white script below "Start", if translated, is redundant to "Yutaka", I believe. Might want D-D, Not for Sale, or another option for some or all of that - just need to know what to ask of FlashPV.
Speaking of FlashPV, I was just appreciating how long they've been a part of the scene, and all the title screens they've contributed to projects over the years. Have we dedicated a game to them before?

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Speaking of FlashPV, I was just appreciating how long they've been a part of the scene, and all the title screens they've contributed to projects over the years. Have we dedicated a game to them before?
We haven't, but it's a fine idea.

Just to let you know, I reached Mexico City today. That's a V0.47. It's sort of a buggy beta, but the only feature I've broken that I really need to go forward is that Yakumo and Pai are no longer collecting EXP and leveling-up. They are stuck of LV 15, while Jake has advanced to LV20. The monsters are getting tougher, so when Bongo` fixes this, I'll need to cheat them back up to where Jake is.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:26 am 
Site Admin

Oh, the title and sub names to be worked onto that screenie is "3X3 Eyes - Advent of the Divine Demon".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:24 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Oh, the title and sub names to be worked onto that screenie is "3X3 Eyes - Advent of the Demon Demon".
Divine Demon. ;)

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:51 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Oh, the title and sub names to be worked onto that screenie is "3X3 Eyes - Advent of the Demon Demon".
Divine Demon. ;)
Tired... Hitting the rack now...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:54 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Divine Demon. ;)
Tired... Hitting the rack now...
Lol. Gotta catch some y's for tomorrow.

My projects
RHDN Community DB