Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Any hints on the last battle?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:33 pm 

Struggling with this one. Lost 3 or 4 times now.

Do the enemies keep coming or can I hunker down and eventually they stop coming?

I know ideally, I should get beasts on the four portals but the wave of new enemies is too much to get any healthy beast to the top 2 portals in time. I can cover two portals closest to my starting point but still struggle even after that. Not really sure if there are any little tips to make this any easier.

Thanks for any possible advice!!

Post subject: Re: Any hints on the last battle?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

The only thing I can suggest is get up to the main bad guy and beat him as fast as you can. And he hits HARD and takes little damage. I'm not sure if this one kept sending beasts or not. I just hustled up to the main baddie with my guys that could get the furthest as fast as I could and then brought the rest up the rear :) I literally ignored every monster and kept moving.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Try moving all your units as one group slowly towards the boss while taking out any enemies that approach you. Once there, have your strongest characters and monsters attack the boss while the others keep the newly appearing enemies behind you at bay. Remember to keep an eye on their HP and to rotate your attackers so the injured ones have a chance to heal before rejoining the fray. And finally, make sure that most of your units are at level 16 before you take on the final boss. That's about the only advice I have to give on this fight. And yes, it seems that enemies will continuously re-spawn throughout this battle (this is in response to your other post at the "Power of the Hired has entered Beta!" thread).

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:26 pm 

Hey guys!

Beat it.

Wondering.

I used Fast Foward a lot (oly during enemy turns), wonder if that had something to do with the tons of enemies that seemed to appear. At least in my losses in the 18th stage.

When I went at normal speed during my winning campaign in stage 18, there did not seem to be as many enemies.

Or maybe I just perfected my strategy (based, of course, on your help!)

Solid game, a shame it is just 18 stages.

Do you think Fast Forward during enemy turns could have glitched the game to release more enemies than normal/pure turn on the stages with limitless enemies? I really felt stage 18 was a lot easier on my last, winning attempt when I did not use FF.

THANKS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

No, I don't think that fast forwarding could possibly cause more enemies to randomly spawn on the screen. The only type of things that it could cause in most games is either a freeze point or text and various other types of graphical glitches. Although, this is rare in most games and I haven't encountered any such errors due to emulator fast forwarding in this one. I'm glad that you enjoyed the game by the way. I also wish that it could've been a bit longer as well, at least around 20 chapters or so.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Glad you enjoyed the game. Hopefully someday we'll be able to get a bit of assembly help and take care of the last few remaining bugs but at least the game is fully playable as is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:18 am 

Ya, it was very enjoyable because of your efforts!

I think what made this game hard at times was the inability to move first and than use magic/cure or use magic/cure first and then move. Not sure if the developers did that on purpose to make the game harder or if the game being harder was an unintentional side effect of that specific game design choice. But it led, sometimes (if I was not careful) to my healers kind of strangling behind.

That was, for sure the hardest dynamic to get used to in the game, at least for me.

Thanks for the efforts! :)