Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Translator Needed?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm 

Hello. Just curious if you folks needed a translator for this project. A friend and I have made it our personal goal to translate as many JRPGs as possible that have a focus on either monster battles or cards. Since Power of the Hired involves summoning monsters to fight, it falls in our area of interest (plus we both like SRPGs).

I've previously worked on the Sakura Wars translation, and have plenty of translation experience. I'm also a writer in English and have worked on translating Japanese novels into English, so I understand how to render my translations in a way that is easy and entertaining to read in English while leaving the intent of the original Japanese completely intact. My friend acts as my proofreader, making us a self-contained translation team. We would only require access to the tools and script for Power of the Hired and very little else.

Post subject: Re: Translator Needed?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Matatabi wrote:
Hello. Just curious if you folks needed a translator for this project. A friend and I have made it our personal goal to translate as many JRPGs as possible that have a focus on either monster battles or cards. Since Power of the Hired involves summoning monsters to fight, it falls in our area of interest (plus we both like SRPGs).

I've previously worked on the Sakura Wars translation, and have plenty of translation experience. I'm also a writer in English and have worked on translating Japanese novels into English, so I understand how to render my translations in a way that is easy and entertaining to read in English while leaving the intent of the original Japanese completely intact. My friend acts as my proofreader, making us a self-contained translation team. We would only require access to the tools and script for Power of the Hired and very little else.
Sounds like you two have a nice partnership going. In regard to Power of the Hired, Taskforce will need to respond.

Otherwise, are you interested in translating a dumped script we have for Odysselya (I)? The main story is nearly all in Kana, unlike its sequel that we've already fully translated. As for the tools we have in place for O-I, these are at a basic load level of development, as we have not progressed deeply into formatting text or writing a first story draft. In the case of O-I, we need only translation assistance, not help with production, except maybe further down the road we may need major debugging and tweaks of the insertion system, and this will require strong assembly skills.

Welcome to the board!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

I already have what I believe is a complete translation for Power of the Hired. It is just a matter of getting it edited/formatted and back in the game. Good translators are hard to find, so thanks for the kind offer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 pm 

Thanks for the welcome!

Sadly, with regards to Odysselya, I just don't have time to look at anything that's not on our Monster/Card game to-do list. Even without any new projects popping up we've got enough GBC/A and Wonderswan games to keep us busy for years. We just thought we'd offer for Power of the Hired since it's on our list and we're not as good at SNES hacking as we are with portable systems.

It looks like Taskforce has got things in hand, though, so I'll be on my way. Look me up if you ever get the itch to do Little Master 3 or any of the Monster Maker games!