Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post subject: Re: Xak Released!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:41 am 

This is some great news! You may also want to upload the newer version of the patch to ROMhacking. net, so that even more people would see it, as always. :D Gonna give it a go soon! Quite a few RPG translation patches came out more or less at the same time!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm 

Just wanted to congratulate to the Dynamic-Designs for making this english translation for SNES version.

A Nintendo Life Article by Shiryu is up (including this game too).

Any chance to submit this translation on RHDN?

Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I took the patch down a little earlier to allow us time to make adjustments to a few things.

All reported typos have been just fixed. As for the glitch that occurs allowing the player to walk through walls and the like, I thought that we had fixed that already, (it was happening in a few places even when not pausing) but it seems that victory was short lived. Also, as per button presses (when obtaining/receiving/etc)... It was a sacrifice that had to be made when moving the text in order to avoid "item was/were obtained". The whole "was/were" was a little annoying. A result of the shift, though, caused the button push to be little different than the original.

I also feel fairly confident I fixed the text clearing issue when talking to the elementals. Bongo' will have to take a look at the walk through walls glitch. In a few days, I'll put out a new official 1.10 patch, but for now, if you want to really play the game (in a much better state than the 1.00 patch), then you can download it here:
http://dynamic-designs.us/downloads/Xak105.ips

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Lol. Did I send the fix for this? Maybe I didn't get all of the errors out for this bug. Oh well. I will try and get it when I return from family vacation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:50 am 

Hi guys! Congratulations on your Xak patch! This month has been fantastic for some great game translations. Glory of Hercules IV, our E.V.O - Theory of Evolution patch that just went live a few days ago and now I'm just finding out about this one!

Like MP83, who also joined recently to comment, we are HUGE Xak fans. If you don't believe me, check this out:

Xak Collection

I also run a Xak fansite that hasn't been updated in years that you can find in my signature called XyZ. In any case, I've been hoping that there would be a translation for Xak SFC for quite some time now and I was amazed to see that this was all completed without ever finding out about it myself. You guys are Romhacking Ninjas!

I'm really pleased with the translation too, it's fun to read and rivals the WOOMB.NET official / Commercial release of Xak: The Art of Visual Stage for MSX2.

Thanks for all the hard work guys and hopefully this will encourage new Xak fans to try out the rest of the series!

-Thomas

XyZ - A Tribute to the Xak, Ys and Zelda Series
Retro-Type | Heroes of Legend | 46 Okumen

Last edited by skyewelse on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:08 am 

Happy new year! ;)
Splendid work for this translation.
Great to the team D-D.
Best regards,
4ph.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:57 am 
Site Admin

@ skyewelse: That is a crazy-cool collection! Welcome to the forums :D

I've been updating the WIP (1.05) I posted earlier on this thread. Please, everyone, update your ROM with the new patch. Saves should work just fine, so no need to worry about them being unusable. I'm only waiting for Bongo` to take a look at the glitch before officially putting the patch back up. We had fixed the same problem months ago, but we had no idea that would persist after pausing/unpausing the game :/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome stuff, guys! I've been waiting to play this title for quiet awhile. It's great to see it finally released. I've only played a bit so far, but it looks very promising and the translation is top notch as usual. This may be one of those games that I might like to translate into Romanian as well. I haven't yet translated an action RPG yet, and this could be the one. Nicely done, once again guys!

Edit: I just found a game breaking bug early in the game. When you try to buy the second/medium armor, the shop keeper spews some random never ending nonsense that freezes the game completely. On second thought, maybe I'll stick with translating the games that I have inserters for now instead of taking on new projects. This game looks nice, but the map navigation is quiet a pain and there's a ton of level grinding involved. It might take too long if I were to translate and beta test this. I'll just stick with Galaxy Robo for now.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:31 am 

So if I do not pause the game, I should be able to play it as normal with the update posted in this thread? Or should I wait? I can not wait to play and have nothing else to play (beat all those kemco android rpgs and beat Heracles 4 last night).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:39 am 
Site Admin

@Recca - *sigh* Yet another bug that did not pop up during beta testing, but is something that is just now mysteriously occurring. It seems like this is going to be one of those projects where new bugs keep rearing their ugly heads after you think things are good and done. Fingers crossed that this is the last one.

@DoubleDbvideogames - I would have said to go ahead and play, but with this new armory bug, it could slow down your progress as you won't be properly protected from enemy attacks. :(

I've pretty much just been sitting here twiddling my thumbs and waiting for Bongo` to fix the "walk-through-walls" glitch - a glitch that was already fixed back in December but somehow got regressed smack dab in the middle of beta testing (the reason that it was missed before the 1.00 patch). Once Bongo'`s done with "real life" annoyances, I'm sure he'll be back and have the game at 100% for us. Sorry to everyone for the long wait. I honestly didn't expect it to take this long :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next