Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Xak beta error reporting?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:17 pm 

where are we meant to report errors and stuff? no beta testing page for Xak reporting.

Loving this game so far, bit tricky getting used to the fighting but once you pick up the tactic of hit and run, hit and run, hit and run.. it's easy.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post subject: Re: Xak beta error reporting?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Give Draken a little bit of time. In fact, check the email again and make sure that he did not declare communication type in an email.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:21 am 
Site Admin

No access to my mail at the moment, but pretty sure I wrote to email me. I'll check again later and send out another message to everyone if I didn't make things clear.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:53 am 

Draken wrote:
No access to my mail at the moment, but pretty sure I wrote to email me. I'll check again later and send out another message to everyone if I didn't make things clear.

My bad, i read email a little too quick, missed that you wrote to post errors via mail.. i'm surprised at that, cos emails go missing on times, but hey ho.. i sent you a mail Draken with an error I have found, lol this translation has amazed me so far.. there's practically nothing wrong with it to the point iv'e played up to, my hats off to you and others that's worked on it. I'm making it's sanctuary page as I play through it so i'm really taking my time and reading everything also slowly, gathering information for stuff as I go.. hahaha. You can see my progress below.

http://snesrpggaming.weebly.com/xak---the-art-of-visual-stage.html

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hehe! Yeah, I would usually use our bug tracker for such tasks, but I feel fairly certain that this game won't have that many problems, so I thought it would be better to just handle it though e-mail. Your report was the first thus far, so I hope that things go according to plan ;)

Thanks so much for the kind words! I worked hard testing/editing beforehand, but it's always good to have a last line of solid testers make sure everything it AOK before release.

Liking that Sanctuary page you've got. It will definitely be a needed resource for this game as there's not much out there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:40 pm 

Draken wrote:
Hehe! Yeah, I would usually use our bug tracker for such tasks, but I feel fairly certain that this game won't have that many problems, so I thought it would be better to just handle it though e-mail. Your report was the first thus far, so I hope that things go according to plan ;)

Thanks so much for the kind words! I worked hard testing/editing beforehand, but it's always good to have a last line of solid testers make sure everything it AOK before release.

Liking that Sanctuary page you've got. It will definitely be a needed resource for this game as there's not much out there.

Agreed... The more guides for the obscure 80's/90's console games that are out there the better it is for everybody concerned.

I've found your email only yesterday or 2 days ago after I contacted Sylar about it. I thought it'd come through the inbox here, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:24 pm 

well .. I found a pretty neat website for Xak games, but information on snes game is very much lacking there, but useful for names etc..

http://www.retro-type.com/xyz/index1.htm

Other than that all info for this game's sanctuary on my site is all from me going through the game, lifting pictures and editing them myself
straight out of the game, but glad you like it. I think my problem is going to lay in getting info for the 'enemies/boss' page. I'm surprised I
have been the only one to find anything wrong with the game, and then it was only a minor name spelling mistake on dialogue.. Domanic/Domanik.
LOL! i'm loving this game though, seriously if I wasnt doing this sanctuary i probably woulda finished the game the same day got the patch, hahaha.

Iv'e just come out of the fort after beating the water dragon now and heading omw back to Fearless Village, i saved right at Bobby splattered on
the ground... LMAO! I found a secret in the game that was NOT even in the guide off gamefaqs.. :) :)

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:46 am 

edging my way through, did a few hours today for the website, im up to the point now of where you....

Spoiler! :
release that guy from the cell in the caverns and have defeated him, now i have to head back to the caverns to carry on with exploring them

But i have updated the sanctuary with.. new stuff.. more on the guide, characters page, item/equipment pages, and enchanting page also.
I sent you another text error in emails if you have got that one, but it was pretty obvious so i think it would have already been reported to you Draken.
Im in college now for two days so will only add a little more wed/thurs but i'm off on friday so i should get the game finished off tested and the sanctuary
finished off by then also, it will all for sure be done by the end of the weekend.

OH, i saved at the fort just before you pick up the chest, so im playing through now having picked it up.. BUT I will see what changes after i have done this
game once.

Debating on what to do about the enemies page for the sanctuary.. as there's really no stats i can give.. unless you have a script edit of all monsters stats etc. ??

Spoiler! :