Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Post subject: Beta Tester Needed for Xak
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Sylardean has always signed up to test out this little action rpg. If anyone else has some time on their hands to dedicate to being a beta tester, then I'd love to hear from you. I'm only looking for one more person, so I suppose it would be first-come-first-serve.

Post subject: Re: Beta Tester Needed for Xak
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:34 pm 

Draken wrote:
Sylardean has always signed up to test out this little action rpg. If anyone else has some time on their hands to dedicate to being a beta tester, then I'd love to hear from you. I'm only looking for one more person, so I suppose it would be first-come-first-serve.

WOOP-WOOP! can't wait.. :O

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:09 am 

If nobody else is willing to sign up then I may offer to take up that second spot. How long would I have to beta test it? Two weeks or more? How many hours a day?

Edit: It has been almost 15 hours since the last post above was posted. So let's wait 1-2 more days to check for any willing participant. I have no experience in debugging. Only playing as normal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:32 am 
Site Admin

Honestly, the game is not very long. It's very similar to Ys 1 (or 2), except you actually swing your sword in this one. I have spent many, many hours testing through the game already on my own, so I don't think you'd run into many serious bugs. What I would expect you to find is the odd spelling/grammar/punctuation error, or the point out parts of the script you think could use a change.

There's no mandatory finish time, but it'd be really nice to get it out before the end of the year. I'll wait a few days to see if there's any other interest in testing, and a big THANKS for pseudo-accepting to help out ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:36 am 

ObiKKa wrote:
If nobody else is willing to sign up then I may offer to take up that second spot. How long would I have to beta test it? Two weeks or more? How many hours a day?

Edit: It has been almost 15 hours since the last post above was posted. So let's wait 1-2 more days to check for any willing participant. I have no experience in debugging. Only playing as normal.

Nothing's been sent out as of yet Obbika, there were a few issues that put the testing back about a week or two.. that was judging on a mail i got last weekend, so i think once that is sorted out then
they will send out notifications i should imagine when it's all action stations go. As far as testing times.. My uni hours differ each day so MY testing times are as so.. mondays i can test from 1pm
onwards. Tuesday, wednesday & thursday are my late uni day finish.. so probs from about 5pm til 10pm can test on those days. Friday, saturday and sundays.. I can test all day on those as i'm off
uni those days.

The game is pretty small, i think i read somewhere it's possible to finish the entire game in like 9/10 hours if you know exactly what your doing, and apparently it's set into chapters also. I think it was
2 chapters for the first 'Xak' and then the story continued on in 'Xak 2' BUT 'Xak 2' was never released on the 'Snes', only on the 'PC-Engine', which is a shame, so time wise I think you'll have nothing to
worry about, even if you only tested like 3 odd hours a day maybe, even if you just tested over a weekend should be fine as it's such a small game.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:17 pm 

I'll throw my hat in the ring to help out. I am currently in the process of moving so around Thanksgiving time I will probably not be around online.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:44 pm 

Alright. Sure, throw it at me, kain and SylarDean when you can, Draken. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:50 pm 

Draken wrote:

Hi, I am new here, but I have done some game testing over the years, am I allowed to help?

What platform/console and what type of game is it?

/Jabexy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:51 am 
Site Admin

Thanks everyone for volunteering! I really only need 2 people to test in total, but heck, why not get four instead!
Thread closed, and be expecting an e-mail in the next 12 hours or less with some details.!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]