Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post subject: Re: Xak Released!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:35 pm 

Ah, Xak, one of my favourite series. In fact one that i've been doing a live gameplay (MSX version!) just for the reason to let people know about this gem.
It's great to know the snes version got fully translated! :D I enjoy doing comparison over the ports (i did for Ys on MSX/PC and SNES/PC). Too bad that they never ported xak 2/ToG/3.

And even tho i check the translation group pages so often, i HAD to create an account here just to say THANK YOU! <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:38 am 

Alright! I finally beat the game, about 8 hours 30 minutes overall, wish it was longer. THANKS for all the help!

But I realized a serious error on my part, I forgot to get the strongest shield from the last town, d'oh! So after getting that, I beat the dumb dragon on my 2nd attempt. I got to him with only 8 bars missing and beat him with 4 to spare.

Last boss is not hard persay, but it is tough to beat him without getting hit. It is easy to slip up once, and I did a number of times on his second form.

Not bad, but too short for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:36 am 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Alright! I finally beat the game, about 8 hours 30 minutes overall, wish it was longer. THANKS for all the help!

But I realized a serious error on my part, I forgot to get the strongest shield from the last town, d'oh! So after getting that, I beat the dumb dragon on my 2nd attempt. I got to him with only 8 bars missing and beat him with 4 to spare.

Last boss is not hard persay, but it is tough to beat him without getting hit. It is easy to slip up once, and I did a number of times on his second form.

Not bad, but too short for me.

Congratulations! Yeah, the last boss did a number on me the first time I went up against him...I didn't realize one hit meant instant death, so I died (then quickly reloaded, then died again on his second pattern, so I reloaded again, lol). About the last shield...yeah, that shield would have made things a bit easier for you.

Yeah, I do agree, it was a short game, but I enjoyed it. It is nice to play an RPG where I don't have to sink 80-100 hours into it, for a change. It's too bad the sequel never made it to the SNES...oh well. Life goes on...I might try tracking down the sequel, though it's on a different system. The first game ends on a cliff-hanger, sort of, what with Latok's father still missing. Hopefully that's resolved in the sequel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 am 
Site Admin

Just wanted to report that the official updated patch has now gone up. Fingers crossed that it's flawless this time!!

Thanks everyone for your patience and reports.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:12 am 
Site Admin

:D :D :D Yay!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:01 pm 

I finally managed to beat it, found enough time to get through it. Not a bad game at all, I gotta say. Nice work there guys! Would be good to upload it to RHDN as well, for some more exposure. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Glad that you liked it! It's definitely a nice little Ys clone to spend your time playing. I've been playing Ys Seven while I wait on Bongo` to fix a game-hanging bug on G.O.D. (not cheating on my promise to only focus on G.O.D., I swear!), and even though it's a far different game, it still have that same kind of wine as the older games in the series (and Xak).

Yeah, I never did post it over at RHDN, did I...? Hmmm... The lazy is very strong these days... Can't.... Lift... Fingers... to type...! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm 

Draken wrote:
Glad that you liked it! It's definitely a nice little Ys clone to spend your time playing. I've been playing Ys Seven while I wait on Bongo` to fix a game-hanging bug on G.O.D. (not cheating on my promise to only focus on G.O.D., I swear!), and even though it's a far different game, it still have that same kind of wine as the older games in the series (and Xak).

Yeah, I never did post it over at RHDN, did I...? Hmmm... The lazy is very strong these days... Can't.... Lift... Fingers... to type...! :lol:

It's not particularly long - I'm pretty sure I managed to beat it in less than 10 hours, so this is not that long - then again, action RPGs like this tend to be somewhat shorter usually.

Hahah, well, just mentioned RHDN because it's additional exposure, and that's always good in my book! I bet most of the potential players already downloaded it from your site anyway, but if more people can see it - why not make it even more widely available. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:06 pm 

MariusB wrote:
I finally managed to beat it, found enough time to get through it. Not a bad game at all, I gotta say. Nice work there guys! Would be good to upload it to RHDN as well, for some more exposure. :)

It is already made!:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3170/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Just saw it (and commented)! Thanks, buddy! Definitely couldn't have made the English release without your hard work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next