Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: How to kill Sharana in scenario 8?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

This question popped up on GameFAQs and hasn't been answered. I can't answer the question from memory but I thought I'd put it here in case someone else can answer it. Feel free to answer the question on GameFAQs or just post it here and I'll add it on the other site.

Spoiler! :
Reinforcement arrived but I still can't defeat her, all attacks always miss when she has 1 hp left...

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post subject: Re: How to kill Sharana in scenario 8?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:49 am 
Site Admin

I know everyone is waiting for me to come in and comment on this, and honestly, I can't for the life of me remember what that Scenario is about. I guess I could load up some SRMs and go to town re-exploring that part of the game again, but something tells me that if Shanara is getting to 1 HP and NOT dying, then she's not supposed to die. I can only guess that there is something else that needs to be done to trigger a win.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:15 am 

show me a picture and I tell you cuz I don't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
This question popped up on GameFAQs and hasn't been answered. I can't answer the question from memory but I thought I'd put it here in case someone else can answer it. Feel free to answer the question on GameFAQs or just post it here and I'll add it on the other site.

Spoiler! :
Reinforcement arrived but I still can't defeat her, all attacks always miss when she has 1 hp left...
Oh, how I remember it well! Got wiped out a half dozen times. My strategy that worked was random, depending on the slightest variations. I don't recall specifics, but you must plan ahead and lay out both defensive maneuvering and offensive boldness at the right time. It was rather like a super-sensitive chess match, except it's easier to read what some people might do, as opposed to the artificial intelligence of an infernal machine. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:38 pm 

Hi,

I am struggling with this too. A lot.

Any new news about scenario 8? What is the final verdict? Any decent faqs on this game out there?

Any way, I have a save state (had to stop midway through to get back to work, ha) and I am pushed back to the top part of the map in the center. The enemies just keep coming and I can't really move all that much. Should I stay put? Well, like I said I can't move and I need a bunch of the no-name guys to protect the key characters so....Do I wait this out like usual or....? I barely escaped by the skin of my teeth in scenario 6. This is a pretty tough game. Should I really only care about a few select characters and leveling? I really dislike all the random units so far, is that for the entire game?

Well, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:05 am 
Site Admin

Sorry, but I honestly can't remember each chapter. All that I recall is that there are a few where, as you said, you need to wait it out for a few rounds before things advance. The game can be quite hard at times, but you can always cheat a little, if you're ego will allow it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:15 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Sorry, but I honestly can't remember each chapter. All that I recall is that there are a few where, as you said, you need to wait it out for a few rounds before things advance. The game can be quite hard at times, but you can always cheat a little, if you're ego will allow it ;)
you're=your, hee-hee...!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Super late response, but hey, better late than never, right? Anyway, in some scenarios, the only way to defeat Sharana is to attack her with Fatis in order to get the finishing hit in. Otherwise, she'll just keep dodging all of the other characters' attacks and say something about getting out of her way or something along those lines. The game hints this by making her somewhat fascinated with Fatis and only wanting to duel against him. I included this as a note in the readme text file for my Romanian translation of this game which I recently finished this year. Just in case anyone playing that version got stuck during those parts. So that's about it. I'm sure that most people have already figured this out by now. But since this question was still unanswered here, I thought why not provide the answer in case someone was still wondering how to get past these certain points in the game? This game can indeed be quite hard at times, but just remember the general strategy of picking off enemies one by one (as is the case with most strategy games).

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)