Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: *ALERT!* La Wares Players Seeking Game Info on the Web!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:18 am 
Site Admin

If you conduct a search, for example, on "La Wares SNES English Translation" you will encounter a fair number of hits that appear to announce the release of our patch. Some hits actually do, from reputable sites that cover gaming activities objectively. Other hits, however, direct you to malware sites that a decent antivirus software may help you deflect.

This, I would say, is intentional, since it follows our release so soon. Could it be the cart pirates? Maybe, or other malignant souls could be afoot. Carefully examine a few hits, and you might be surprised at what turns up. Prior to helping produce these patches, I enjoyed a long career in military intelligence and other government security fields, so digging up information from many sources poses little challenge to me. Although inactive now, I am still under oath, for life - subject to recall at the pleasure of the President - to protect my countrymen, residents, and allies from any kind of harm to their persons or property.

My background should explain why I enjoy RPGs so much, now that I no longer engage in real missions. It is sad, however, that sociopaths are trying to spoil this and so much of what was once good in the world, but D-D has enemies lurking in the shadows. I would not want to hear that a La Wares player suffered system damage, due to an interest in our patch. I don't know how to overcome such hate and resentment toward D-D's hobby work, but always remember this. Bad things only get worse when good men and women do nothing.

Post subject: Re: *ALERT!* La Wares Players Seeking Game Info on the Web!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:32 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
If you conduct a search, for example, on "La Wares SNES English Translation" you will encounter a fair number of hits that appear to announce the release of our patch. Some hits actually do, from reputable sites that cover gaming activities objectively. Other hits, however, direct you to malware sites that a decent antivirus software may help you deflect.

This, I would say, is intentional, since it follows our release so soon. Could it be the cart pirates? Maybe, or other malignant souls could be afoot. Carefully examine a few hits, and you might be surprised at what turns up. Prior to helping produce these patches, I enjoyed a long career in military intelligence and other government security fields, so digging up information from many sources poses little challenge to me. Although inactive now, I am still under oath, for life - subject to recall at the pleasure of the President - to protect my countrymen, residents, and allies from any kind of harm to their persons or property.

My background should explain why I enjoy RPGs so much, now that I no longer engage in real missions. It is sad, however, that sociopaths are trying to spoil this and so much of what was once good in the world, but D-D has enemies lurking in the shadows. I would not want to hear that a La Wares player suffered system damage, due to an interest in our patch. I don't know how to overcome such hate and resentment toward D-D's hobby work, but always remember this. Bad things only get worse when good men and women do nothing.

Thank you very much for the warning, Wildbill. One cannot be careful enough in this "every man for himself" situation that has become the internet lately. I wonder what these kind of people hope to achieve aiming at a community of retro-rpg enthusiasts rather than the sites delivering pirate versions of newly released games such as the Neptunia games, Trails Of Cold Steel, Lost Sphear, and the like. They would have a lot more potential victims. Well, I suppose they're aiming at those as well.

I, for one, when in need to download any legal game/software, translation patch, you-name-it, always try to go to the official site and get it from there. That way one avoids (at least partially) taking unnecessary risks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:13 pm 

I know there had been some... discussion... in other places about some content in past D-D projects, but if they are creating malware disguised as a translation patch, that is not just a disrespectful way of expressing criticism of those works but to also harm people who weren't even part of the process is just... evil.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:19 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:

Hmm... I ran a search with google, checked the first few pages of results, but I didn't see anything suspicious. My virus software didn't report any infections or malicious content. Are you using a different search engine?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:03 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

Hmm... I ran a search with google, checked the first few pages of results, but I didn't see anything suspicious. My virus software didn't report any infections or malicious content. Are you using a different search engine?
Check these first two carefully. The third one speaks for itself - a call to boycott. The fourth one is positive.

Shin Seikoku La Wares gets English fantranslation ... - Pearly Shells
http://www.en.pearlyshells.pl/.../botix ... on-from-...
For Shin Seikoku: La Wares on the Super Nintendo, GameFAQs has 1 FAQ (game guide/walkthrough) and 4 user screenshots. Romhacking. Helpful Links. Dynamic Designs is building an English patch that will enable owners of the Japanese cartridge who possess a backup ROM image of the game to play it in English.

Shin Seikoku La Wares gets English fantranslation from DD
http://www.giczy.net/vvosiew/botixur.ph ... ion-from...
This time around we have an English patch for Shin Seikoku: La Wares, a Yukata/J History Before WakuWaku Japan was launched, Malay, Mandarin, and ... Subtitles and dubbing are available in some countries. net/translations/2523Apr 21, 1995 Shin Seikoku: La Wares is a role playing game for the Super Nintendo.

.Иuxx//exe 「ナークス」 on Twitter: "Terrible translations? Or terrible ...
https://twitter.com/Nuxx_exe/status/963920228467073024
It seems La Wares received an English fan translation release today from WildBill and co ... So, friendly reminder not to play any games worked on by WildBill.https://twitter.com/suprise_news/status ... 2368378880 … byuu added,. Suprise! News! @suprise_news. Extracted the Shell Monsters Story (SNES) fan ...

Super Famicom Exclusive JRPG La Wares Translated Into English ...
http://www.nintendolife.com/.../super_f ... d_into_e...
2 days ago - Hot on the heels of its complete English translation of Princess Minerva last year, Dynamic Designs is back with a new translation release for yet another Japan only Super Famicom JRPG; Shin Seikoku: La Wares now joins the ever growing list of Super Famicom games that is now accessible to any ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:30 am 
Site Admin

Links are broken for the first two, so I can't confirm any malware.

The third isn't malware, but just Byuu being his usual jack-ass self. I really respect all the great work he has done for emulation/romhacking, but everyone knows he's a drama queen who holds grudges and talks a lot of trash. He's always going to crap on everything we do, so there's really no need to draw any more attention to comments he makes about us. Some people need to complain about others to make themselves feel better, so let him be who he is, and try to focus on something else.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 am 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
I know there had been some... discussion... in other places about some content in past D-D projects, but if they are creating malware disguised as a translation patch, that is not just a disrespectful way of expressing criticism of those works but to also harm people who weren't even part of the process is just... evil.
Not patches, just diversions disguised as news articles about the release. One would presume to find a write-up and maybe a video and link to a patch download instead of what actually pops up.

As for judgment passed by a few very disturbed people, some who haven't even played our games, that's about as logical as a lot of the craziness I see going on in various places these days. It's really sick. I don't get it. We support others who localize games for a hobby. We don't dig into their work, pick it apart, and go nuts over something we see. They do things their way. We do things our way. That should be all there is to it. Plus, I don't have enough time and energy to do all I would like to do. I'm certainly not going to waste what time I have getting obsessed with someone else's affairs.

People can say what they want. That's free speech. But these misleading articles that bring up La Wares and divert browsers to malware sites, one day following release, reflect someone spending time that normal people would consider wasteful and malicious. It's really sort of funny, but I still wanted to warn folks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:24 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Links are broken for the first two, so I can't confirm any malware.

The third isn't malware, but just Byuu being his usual jack-ass self. I really respect all the great work he has done for romhacking, but everyone knows he's a drama queen who holds grudges and talks a lot of trash. He's always going to crap on everything we do, so there's really no need to draw any more attention to comments he makes about us. Some people need to complain about others to make themselves feel better, so let him be who he is, and try to focus on something else.
I hear ya, Drakie. I just clicked on "Giczy" and - hee-hee...! - my Avast AV went off like a three alarm fire! That Pearly one was indeed already down. That was fast! Earlier, both of those took me to sex sites I couldn't back out of.

The Nintendolife staff gave us a nice write-up. I'll use it and credit them at the La Wares project page.

Yup, back to work. Bongo` sent some upgrades to 3X3. Gotta check them out before I hit the rack! Aretha-II is all but finished. Just need to see if the townies in few places have any new comments before the final battles. I'm on the road right now, fighting with wife Sherry over time and space on the one desk in our room. Well, they don't call the equipment I have with me a "laptop" for nuthin'! She brought real work with her that a company actually pays her to do.

Oh, I couldn't access our ftp tonight. The attempt tells me "site does not exist". If anyone gets a chance to check that, let me know what happens. Yes, I am using the new logon on my laptop. Same results on my tablet, and the saved info on there has worked previously.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

FTP is working fine for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

This is why I always download patches from either the team site where it was made (like here or AGTP) or from RHDN. There's way too many dangerous sites on the internet these days. Even with a good updated anti-virus and malware program installed, it's still best to avoid taking risks with web sites that one does not know or usually visit.

I never understood what's wrong with people like these either. It's sadly quite common actually to see a bunch of mindless morons attacking fans on anime or gaming sites for no reason at all. It's puzzling why they don't choose to do something else with their free time rather than annoying random people. I would personally much rather spend time working on a hobby or passion rather than focusing on the things I don't like and designing hate pages. Not to mention that most of the time, these people don't even know what their talking about. Or even worse, they hate good things, but instead prefer something dark and disturbing. Oh sure, they don't like RPGs where you have to read and plan your moves intelligently, but instead prefer mindlessly shooting innocent people like the cowards they are in FPS games... It's downright evil. There's no other way to describe it.

In our case, it's a bunch of uneducated, mindless ultra liberal zombies that blindly follow modern trends to attack any and all conservative people without even knowing or wanting to hear what their stance is. Instead of getting thanked for the free and honest work we provide for fans, we get horribly criticized by people who even refuse to even sample our translations. There is a strong indication that this has less to do with our work, and more about politics. Seriously, can't these people debate somewhere else like a news sites and leave fan sites out of this? And what's wrong with trying to protect our projects from bootleggers? I guess this is why RHDN chose to get rid of their general discussion section. Though, I think that's a bit extreme.

As for Byuu, he's always been melodramatic and opinionated. It's no wonder he got banned from RHDN. This guy seriously needs to learn both how to relax and respect other people's views. I remember back in the day, he used to annoy the Zsnes project members like crazy. Even now, he's always talking about how bad it is and why people still use it. Well, that's because it still works perfectly fine with about 90% of SNES games and the rest can be run well with Snes9x. I never liked his Bsnes emulator, but I never complained everywhere on the internet like he does. It's slow running and there's no save states because he feels "it's cheating". So if something comes up, you can't quickly save and quit, but rather are forced to play until you reach a save point in the game. Yeah, nice move there, Byuu... It's the same with .IPS patches, why does he care so much if other people still use them? They still work well with older games like NES and SNES ones.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)