Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: La Wares - English V1.00 Released - Report bugs here...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:52 pm 

You forget to submit the patch to romhacking.net.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:34 am 
Site Admin

RetroGameFan9000 wrote:
You forget to submit the patch to romhacking.net.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. FYI, I do not maintain registered accounts at other groups' hobby sites; therefore, I have no way to input directly to their data bases. What I did do is submit news of our release to several video game news sites via e-mail, inviting their personnel to visit our site for further information. Some of those did that and subsequently published in-house articles. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/super_famicom_exclusive_jrpg_la_wares_translated_into_english

Since that time, I have noted that a number of additional game sites around the world have further linked or spread this news in a variety of languages. Any interested site that hasn't published a report concerning the release of our shared La Wares English patch is at liberty to do so. In the meantime, word regarding the availability of our patch appears to be adequately distributed.

Edit: I might add that I am pleased with the reception our La Wares English patch has received from various game sites.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:39 pm 

it's finally on rhdn :)

offtopic: beaten the game...this has to be the cheeziest, tropiest jrpg i've ever played.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

umegamer wrote:

offtopic: beaten the game...this has to be the cheeziest, tropiest jrpg i've ever played.

To be accurate, the patch is not actually on RHDN, someone just posted a news article about it there. If it doesn't step on anyone's toes, I may submit the patch there myself just to make it available if no one else does. If we are specifically trying to keep it from being made available there however, I'll abide by that if that's something the group wants.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:09 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
umegamer wrote:

To be accurate, the patch is not actually on RHDN, someone just posted a news article about it there. If it doesn't step on anyone's toes, I may submit the patch there myself just to make it available if no one else does. If we are specifically trying to keep it from being made available there however, I'll abide by that if that's something the group wants.
At the very least, at that specific site, I don't mind seeing it made available for download in a place that doesn't flash it up on a "home" type page with a comment section.

Further, if just one of us who happens to be registered over there or anywhere else wants to post something concerning La Wares, that's always fine with me. The patch belongs to everyone in D-D equally. I'm just uncomfortable displaying our work as "low-hangin' bait for crazies", in venues where some personality types gravitate toward neurotic meltdowns over mere videogames. This doesn't add to anyone's fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:34 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
At the very least, at that specific site, I don't mind seeing it made available for download in a place that doesn't flash it up on a "home" type page with a comment section.

Further, if just one of us who happens to be registered over there or anywhere else wants to post something concerning La Wares, that's always fine with me. The patch belongs to everyone in D-D equally. I'm just uncomfortable displaying our work as "low-hangin' bait for crazies", in venues where some personality types gravitate toward neurotic meltdowns over mere videogames. This doesn't add to anyone's fun.
I feel ya. I'll add the patch without any fanfare at some point in the next week or two if no one else has done so.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 am 

Wildbill wrote:
filler wrote:
umegamer wrote:

It's nice to have it on RHDN. Dunno abt anyone else, but I use RHDN as a translation news aggregator and to track completed projects.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:35 pm 

filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

I feel ya. I'll add the patch without any fanfare at some point in the next week or two if no one else has done so.

I submitted the patch to romhacking.net (link). It's just waiting for approval now :)

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do when you bring these games to an English audience.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Specialt1212 wrote:
filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

I submitted the patch to romhacking.net (link). It's just waiting for approval now :)

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do when you bring these games to an English audience.
You're welcome. It's our pleasure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:19 am 

Hello, thank you for translating La Wares first of all! However, there seems to be something wrong with xdelta3 and BPS patches. I originally attempted to patch my ROM (SHA-1 checksum corresponding with that stated in the readme, 8b79a4633ee9d624680f0594492740a48b7b56d5) with xdelta3 but it responded only with this message and aborted:
Code:
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
xdelta3: normally this indicates that the source file is incorrect
xdelta3: please verify the source file with sha1sum or equivalent

Similarily, attempting to patch the ROM with BPS patch results instead in beat cheerfully informing me that "Patch application has failed!".

IPS patching does work, predictably, and the game seems to boot and play fine. I am unsure if it's not corrupted though - especially since internal checksum is not updated. The produced file's SHA-1 checksum is bc077de87f196cbb40f01d154d379f849f46485e

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next