Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: La Wares - English V1.00 Released - Report bugs here...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:50 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Edit Note: Whoa, I'm not smart enough to know how to move the La Wares Home page to the "Finished" category.

If someone wants "exotic" patches in lieu of the IPS format, I could use some help there, too. I never did that before, either.

Both taken care of.
Much appreciate!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:20 pm 

Quote:
If you have a better solution, we're always listening. We're always ready to listen to good ideas. However, we just can't stand to set and watch 100's of quality man hours that we spend on these projects that we do not want any compensation for--and nobody else should receive compensation for--line some shysters pockets.

If I felt compelled to put such a message in a game, I would add a friendly request screen after the DD logo and call it good. In the related field of piracy, I have noted that pirates seem to respond better friendly requests than strong arm tactics. That's probably human nature in general, but perhaps more so in areas driven by a sense of selfish entitlement.

I have no doubt of the injustice of the situation, only the effectiveness of the cure. I often reminded myself of the saying, 'you can't cheat an honest man.' Honest men store their 'wealth' in their good-name, in their integrity and the 'fruit' that integrity brings into the world. No thief can steal those. As for everything else, bolt it down as you like; a thief will always find a way to take it away.

Just my 2-cents, mind you. The opening 'interruption' was minor and I certainly don't mean to suggest it was a significant part of the whole experience. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 pm 

I have seen people on the Internet who know what they are doing buy repros and don't care. We tell them "if you want to play it on a real console, why not use a flashcart" and they respond something like "I like having a physical copy on my shelf" or "I'm not as likely to play if it's just a ROM file".
They'll happily feed the problem and I don't think you can stop them, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 pm 

Alrighty. Here is something that I am really excited to play. Seriously. I did not expect this to come so soon after Princess Minerva. This gives me two neat little games translated by you guys to play in my free time. (:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Atelier Tohka wrote:
Alrighty. Here is something that I am really excited to play. Seriously. I did not expect this to come so soon after Princess Minerva. This gives me two neat little games translated by you guys to play in my free time. (:
Ah, good... Yeah, we're playing a bit of catch-up ball here! While we can... Don't want to inundate folks, though, rather pace them out, somewhat. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

KingMike wrote:
I have seen people on the Internet who know what they are doing buy repros and don't care. We tell them "if you want to play it on a real console, why not use a flashcart" and they respond something like "I like having a physical copy on my shelf" or "I'm not as likely to play if it's just a ROM file".
They'll happily feed the problem and I don't think you can stop them, unfortunately.
Hey, if I could build my own cart of our work and place it on the shelf, I wouldn't mind having it. I just would never sell any. I would give one each, though, to the team - including the beta testers.

It's like when I coached soccer and basketball. I had two teams that won district championships. I designed and bought shirts to celebrate the occasions and gave them to my players. I didn't sell them for a profit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:15 pm 

Just wanted to say congratulations on another release. Thank you to everyone involved. I appreciate the work you guys put into your releases.

Last edited by Specialt1212 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Specialt1212 wrote:
Just wanted to say congratulations on another release. Thank you to everyone involved. I appreciate the work you guys put into your releases.
You are very welcome! Just curious... Did you hear of this release by browsing here or see an article on one of the several gaming sites I notified that other gaming sites may have shared? Have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 pm 

I usually check romhacking.net for updates on game translation news but i didnt see this in the news section.

I also check your home page every couple of weeks and thats where i found out about this release.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

D-D's La Wares Project Page Updated.

For our project description, I've adapted the write up and 33 minute video of the game's Introduction from Nintendo Life.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/lawares.shtml

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next