Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bug Reports and Issues
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:27 am 
Site Admin

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm now finished with my beta-test and script edit! Wildbill, I've sent you the inserter with all the edited text files as well as my save states. Hopefully, all the errors should be ironed out since I gave this game two complete beta-tests from start to finish just to make sure I didn't miss anything. The translation script was of high quality with only a few mistakes. My main edits went towards proper formatting/spacing for the text (so there's no text box spills). There are only a few bugs I couldn't fix:

1. The Mezra city inn NPC lady freeze (see previous post).

2. Some random enemy names appearing in Japanese (in battles).

3. Shiffon's name appears as "Chiffon" on the battle menu (can't be fixed by text file).
By the way, "chiffon" means "cloth" in French which is kind of funny, heh.

4. The letter "s" randomly appears when switching to the next equipment/item screen.

5. When using "Heal All" and "Healing Spring" spells, only the HP restored to Shiffon is showed instead of for all the characters.

Aside from those five things, everything else should be fine. I've also figured out why the game randomly corrupted and froze in random areas of the game. It happens if the player fast forwards the game too much when the screen changes (both in Zsnes and Snes9x). You can avoid this by either not fast forwarding too many times, or loading the game from a .srm save after it happens (which will fix it).

Attachment:
LW(E) 2015 05_08 20-04-02.png
LW(E) 2015 05_08 20-04-02.png [ 11.95 KiB | Viewed 8490 times ]

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:54 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
I just wanted to let you all know that I'm now finished with my beta-test and script edit! Wildbill, I've sent you the inserter with all the edited text files as well as my save states. Hopefully, all the errors should be ironed out since I gave this game two complete beta-tests from start to finish just to make sure I didn't miss anything. The translation script was of high quality with only a few mistakes. My main edits went towards proper formatting/spacing for the text (so there's no text box spills). There are only a few bugs I couldn't fix:

1. The Mezra city inn NPC lady freeze (see previous post).

2. Some random enemy names appearing in Japanese (in battles).

3. Shiffon's name appears as "Chiffon" on the battle menu (can't be fixed by text file).
By the way, "chiffon" means "cloth" in French which is kind of funny, heh.

4. The letter "s" randomly appears when switching to the next equipment/item screen.

5. When using "Heal All" and "Healing Spring" spells, only the HP restored to Shiffon is showed instead of for all the characters.

Aside from those five things, everything else should be fine. I've also figured out why the game randomly corrupted and froze in random areas of the game. It happens if the player fast forwards the game too much when the screen changes (both in Zsnes and Snes9x). You can avoid this by either not fast forwarding too many times, or loading the game from a .srm save after it happens (which will fix it).

Attachment:
LW(E) 2015 05_08 20-04-02.png
Fantastic job! Would you like to do this again sometime?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:09 am 
Site Admin

Perhaps, but I'll have to think about it a little more first. I mean, this was a pretty short RPG compared to the others we've worked on and it still took quite an effort to iron out all the bugs and glitches. I can only imagine what you guys went through with games such as Burning Heroes and Chaos Seed. For now, I think I'll focus on the Romanian La Wares translation before taking on any other projects.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)