Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Post subject: Re: A La Wares Post Here (for now)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm now done with the Romanian translation. Taskforce, I've sent you the translation along with 12 screen shots for the project page and the game description. As for all the other fans out there, you'll have to wait a little while longer for the English translation. But don't worry, it will be released eventually.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:44 am 
Site Admin

Sorry man, its been a really busy last couple days. I'll get it out this weekend, I promise.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:33 pm 

gratz guys on getting the Romanian version done :) hopefully we wont have to wait too long on the English version :(

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:54 am 
Site Admin

It is later than I wanted, but the Romanian version is now released. For those of you that understand Romanian, please enjoy this great release by Recca, Eien Ni Hen and Bongo`.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:01 am 
Site Admin

Awesome, thank you very much Taskforce! I sure do appreciate it. It's certainly a nice feeling to be able to release yet another translation. And when Wildbill gets back, I'll also resume working on the English version of La Wares as well. This reminds me of when I actually started working on the English version along with Wildbill a few months ago during this summer.

I remember him saying that I'm welcome to start a Romanian translation whenever I wanted which is what I did after I finished beta testing and formatting the English script. I began translating this game into Romanian sometime in early September which took about two months followed by half of this month (in November) which featured all sorts of bug fixes and script/graphics editing thanks to Bongo` and his amazing ROM hacking skills.

I never expected to actually release the Romanian version before the English one, but this marks the first time ever in ROM hacking/fan translation history that a Romanian version was released before an English one. In the long run, it's not really that big of a deal, but I just wanted to mention this seeing as how another person did the same at RHDN when the French translation of Surging Aura for the Sega Genesis was released. And now that I think about it, what I am doing here? This sounds a bit like some kind of acceptance speech for an award, haha! Sorry about that, I just get carried away sometimes. :lol:

Anyways, there's something else more important that I was going to say. I see that La Wares is listed as a "Strategy RPG" on both project pages. There's really not much strategy in this game unlike in Galaxy Robo. It's purely a turn based RPG. It's not really a big deal, but I just wanted to mention it.

I just added the bold feature on the last paragraph above to highlight a more important note in case anyone got bored of reading my ramblings, heh! :) Also, what's with all the bot activity here at the D-D board lately? :?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:54 am 
Site Admin

A big congrats to Recca and everyone else involved on this project!

(Oh, and I think that the bots are all for search engines.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:04 am 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
(Oh, and I think that the bots are all for search engines.)
It's actually the Institute. They are trying to replace us all with synths. (For those playing Fallout 4 ;) )

Congrats on the Romanian release!

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Congrats, Recca. I forgot to mention, though I hope you
Noticed, that the enemy names can spill over if not
adjust or worked on. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

No worries, I modified the enemy names so that they fit perfectly. Though, the only thing I had to leave in English was the end of battle screen with experience and gold found, along with the level up one because the Romanian translation simply couldn't fit in those small text boxes. It's no big deal however, because those texts disappear quickly off the screen anyways and I've provided a translation in the readme text file. Besides, the abbreviation "EXP" is the same in Romanian, so everyone playing will understand what it means. The player can also see the character's HP and MP increasing as they level up as well. And not to mention, the fanfare music that's played each time.

As for the those bots here at D-D. I've indeed noticed that they have search engine names such as Google and Yahoo, but why exactly are they listed as registered users? Also, what does it mean when one of them appears here at the board? Is it a person searching for something related to this site or are certain pages here being either archived or examined? I'm just a little curious because some sites such as this one have them whereas others like RHDN don't (or at least aren't visible).

Edit: Ah okay, I've gotten some good information about them here:
https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120229181131AAx91Ou
Indexing? What exactly do they mean by this? Are these bots collecting information for search results and/or reviews or what?

And another thing that I keep forgetting to ask. Taskforce, what anime is that in your avatar? It looks a bit familiar, but I'm not really sure what it is. Are they cooking for the first time with eggs? I'm not quite sure what's going on there. A cooking lesson perhaps...?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 pm 

@Recca I think that's "Sister Princess". I believe probably around episode 16/17/18.. *runs off and checks* YUP! epsiode 17.. LOL!

Basically its bout some kid who fails his entry exam into school and gets taken to an island to live with 12 adopted sisters, its a
VERY cute anime bout life and growing up.. it ALL was a bit strange but pretty cool fun to watch as a time waster.. LOL!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next