Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
Post subject: Re: A La Wares Post Here (for now)
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:01 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Draken wrote:
@Wildbill and Recca: Bongo' has a special editor that displays the way a vwf will look in-game. I'm sure he can hook you up with it (wb, you can find it in the package I sent you recently).
Can't wait to experiment with it. He's been talking about such a tool for years. Next up: I load GR and get rolling. I will still hit Minerva a lick here and there - to stay fresh with it.

Writers are strange ducks. We all multitask in inexplicable ways that we sort of make up as we go. And we all hate outside real-world distractions, but that is the fate of people with one foot mired in a boring normal world and the other firmly planted in the endless morass of captivating and much more interesting fantasy stories. (Unless the fish are biting!) Thank goodness the military taught me to be adaptable to new and sudden input. Even as I age, the wife keeps me well-exercised in this skill. A lot of drama I would love to avoid so I can write! (Or fish.)

Heh, my oldest son is getting married in a month. Need I say more?

Congratulations! I send out my best regards for a bright and happy future!

As for that new tool, it sure sounds like a great utility! Being able to quickly test out how the text would look without having to re-insert all the text files into the game each time and play testing it would be great. I wonder though, would this program work with all of D-D's text inserters or just the one for La Wares?

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:43 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Draken wrote:
@Wildbill and Recca: Bongo' has a special editor that displays the way a vwf will look in-game. I'm sure he can hook you up with it (wb, you can find it in the package I sent you recently).
Can't wait to experiment with it. He's been talking about such a tool for years. Next up: I load GR and get rolling. I will still hit Minerva a lick here and there - to stay fresh with it.

Writers are strange ducks. We all multitask in inexplicable ways that we sort of make up as we go. And we all hate outside real-world distractions, but that is the fate of people with one foot mired in a boring normal world and the other firmly planted in the endless morass of captivating and much more interesting fantasy stories. (Unless the fish are biting!) Thank goodness the military taught me to be adaptable to new and sudden input. Even as I age, the wife keeps me well-exercised in this skill. A lot of drama I would love to avoid so I can write! (Or fish.)

Heh, my oldest son is getting married in a month. Need I say more?

Congratulations! I send out my best regards for a bright and happy future!

As for that new tool, it sure sounds like a great utility! Being able to quickly test out how the text would look without having to re-insert all the text files into the game each time and play testing it would be great. I wonder though, would this program work with all of D-D's text inserters or just the one for La Wares?
Thanks! She's a great lady, our new future daughter. How did we get along without her all these years?

Well, right now, the text tool is configured to Galaxy Robot. When I sort out that one, I'll send the tool over. Draken will be the fellow to ask about its application. Meanwhile, I'll try to get LW over to you later on Saturday (today).

Right now, I'm trying to troubleshoot a Dell USFF Optiplex model 745 that occasionally blue pages. Stupid computers! Always a glitch to run down! Anyway, here's our two lovebirds! She's a first grade teacher. He a senior consultant for a company that provides oracle policy automation (OPA) solutions to customers who need user-friendly software programs to manage a wide variety of business and government functions. Heh, seems like everyone and their dog calls themselves a solutions-something-or-another these days! These consultants travel all around, hold a lot of phone conferences, yap everything to death, and get paid.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:59 am 
Site Admin

@Recca: It looks to be highly customizable (via a special config file), so I'm sure it can be used for many projects :)

@WB: A big congrats to your family (well, especially your son)!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
@Recca: It looks to be highly customizable (via a special config file), so I'm sure it can be used for many projects :)

@WB: A big congrats to your family (well, especially your son)!
Thanks, Draken!

BTW, Recca, the script editor Draken mentioned is included in the LW file for you. I could load a block from LW, but I couldn't make it display in the black space to the left. Check your e-mail, and have fun!

Edit: Oh, I have begun working on Galaxy Robo.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:36 pm 
Site Admin

Congrats, On your new ( to be ) daughter, WB. My kiddies are a mere 8 and 4. O_o.
I guess I have a while to go, don't I. :)

As for the editor. It is customize-able but still limited. One thing I don't often do is write
a much needed help file for a utility I code. :( But it's pretty much straight forward. For
each project I tend to create the required config file. Much of it is candy. The font file,
format and such are the main things behind the engine. The VWF feature is built -in.
The only part that is not is the DEFAULT pixel size, IE: the SPACE character. Tht is defined
in the config file.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Yup, I got it, thanks. Everything looks good so far. Perhaps I could also translate La Wares as well into Romanian after we're done and have already released the English version. But I'm getting off topic. Regardless, I'll get back to work now! :lol:

Edit: At one point, I thought that the intro was not translated, but it turns out that it was a mistake on my end. I had forgotten to name the project folder "LW". I've changed it now to "C:\Romhack\trans\LW", so it's all good. My bad on that!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Congrats, On your new ( to be ) daughter, WB. My kiddies are a mere 8 and 4. O_o.
I guess I have a while to go, don't I. :)

Thanks, old friend! Yep, the ages when those fine fellows are li'l angels. Enjoy every minute of time and activities with them because they're grown before you know what hit ya! Still fun, but those early years are special.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Yup, I got it, thanks. Everything looks good so far. Perhaps I could also translate La Wares as well into Romanian after we're done and have already released the English version. But I'm getting off topic. Regardless, I'll get back to work now! :lol:
Yup, you can roll now. Let your creative juices run free!

Also, nothing to stop you from doing both at the same time. You would need to change the directory name a little and edit the batch file so it would recognize the name of the Romanian package. Also, some updates (bugfixes) might require a bit of editing to make the Romanian inserter accept them.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:09 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill, I've sent you a more detailed report along with all the progress I've made so far. It's been going well, but now I seem to be stuck at a freeze point. I've tested it and the Japanese version does not seem to contain it. There was another freeze point before this one that I was able to fix, but nothing I try seems to work for this one. It occurs in the Underground Ruins of La, either when opening a treasure chest or during the cut-scene at the end of the dungeon where that strange blue golem is. Should I skip past that part using the original Japanese version, then switching back to the current English one or should I wait for a bug fix first before continuing to beta-test?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:20 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Wildbill, I've sent you a more detailed report along with all the progress I've made so far. It's been going well, but now I seem to be stuck at a freeze point. I've tested it and the Japanese version does not seem to contain it. There was another freeze point before this one that I was able to fix, but nothing I try seems to work for this one. It occurs in the Underground Ruins of La, either when opening a treasure chest or during the cut-scene at the end of the dungeon where that strange blue golem is. Should I skip past that part using the original Japanese version, then switching back to the current English one or should I wait for a bug fix first before continuing to beta-test?
I believe you have already moved on, based on your e-mail, so that's what I would have suggested anyway. What I believe we need is more bytes or an expanded buffer in strings, but it could be one of those dreaded "nasty bugs" for which Bongo always seems to have plenty of Raid on hand! BTW, how did you slay that stupid blue statue!?

Okay, TF's general area has been slammed by tornadoes today. We need him to surface and report his status right away!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next