Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Post subject: Re: A La Wares Post Here (for now)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 pm 

taskforce wrote:
Wildbill will be working on the English version soon. He has returned and is making great strides on many projects. I can't give specifics but lets just say that Princess Minerva may not be the only game to reach beta before the year is out. We'll give more news on this when the time is right.

WOW! that's great news.. welcome back Wildbill. :)

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

(off topic chatter moved here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=894&p=10634#p10634)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

MariusB wrote:
Thanks for your hard work! I can speak Spanish as my second language (and Portuguese to some extent), so I figured I'd give the Romanian version a spin; turns out I could understand about 60-70% of what was going on, so that wasn't too bad - better than if I had attempted to do it in Japanese with my current skills, that's for sure. The only issues I have with this game are that any magic other than healing is practically useless, and that the grind near the end (more or less around the "boss rush" part) gets kinda ridiculous. I guess this one could benefit immensely from doubling or even tripling the amount of EXP you get for each killed enemy, since a lot of the game later on is almost solely grinding. Nevertheless, the story is alright, though not really fleshed out too much. I guess that's to be expected, as it's a very short game for SNES RPG standards - if not for the grinding, it could be finished in like 2-3 hours probably at most. Overall, good going - and thanks for mentioning the text error in the readme, and the solution to it. Overall, I'll gladly give this one a shot again in English in the future, though I have to say that the speed-up button really is your best friend during the final stretch. :D

Thank you very much, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to understand most of it. I guess that's the advantage of the Romance (Latin based) family of languages. They're all quite similar which is why a lot of soccer/football players in Europe and South America can still understand each other for the most part even if they don't speak the same language. Like with Spanish and Italian for example.

It was an interesting project to work on. Much shorter than my previous two projects script wise, though the game had quite a few nasty bugs in it (especially when fast forwarding or opening treasure chests). Which is a bit ironic since trying to level grind without fast forwarding is both tedious and annoying. The story didn't seem like much to me, but at least the characters were interesting and well drawn. On a different note, as most of you might already know, the English script was translated by Eien Ni Hen quite a long time ago, which is what I used to translate this game into Romanian. Progress must have been halted due to various time constraints that everyone here is experiencing as of late. I too have also been quite busy and missed out on a lot of translation work recently as well. But like Taskforce said, things are still moving along slowly, but surely and La Wares will eventually get released in English as well.

By the way guys, if you still require my help, I'll be happy to resume working on this for the English project. I've play tested through this game many times already and have found quite a few bugs that Bongo` fixed along with some that remain. Make sure you guys ask him for the updated text inserter with all the bugs that were fixed. Hopefully, the last few remaining ones that cause random freeze points when fast forwarding or opening chests in dungeons can be fixed as well.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:10 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Recca! I know that a lot more progress has been made on this one behind the scenes recently. In fact, if I'm remembering correctly, I think that the English script is totally finished, and that several bugs (maybe some of the same you found) have been sent to Bongo` for revision!

Further progress may be stalled at the moment, however, as we have several other projects ahead of it in queue and not enough people to coordinate, it has to wait it's turn. (maybe we could shoehorn you into taking a more active role in its production? not my place to decide, but maybe we could get you in better-contact with WB to see how you could help out)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:34 am 
Site Admin

You're beautiful, Recca!! Howdy! Yep, I'm behind the scenes. TF lit a fire under me one week before my window opened, but let's not tell him my window opened. Let's put more fuel on the fire, instead.

Listen, I have an idea... Let's be patient and give Bongo a chance to look at those bugs. Then, I'll pass it to you for an internal edit/beta test. Others may do internal beta testing, time permitting. We may not require external testing. With the garbled treasure chests and opening scenes fixed, this one could fly out the window.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:11 pm 

Recca wrote:
It was an interesting project to work on. Much shorter than my previous two projects script wise, though the game had quite a few nasty bugs in it (especially when fast forwarding or opening treasure chests). Which is a bit ironic since trying to level grind without fast forwarding is both tedious and annoying. The story didn't seem like much to me, but at least the characters were interesting and well drawn. On a different note, as most of you might already know, the English script was translated by Eien Ni Hen quite a long time ago, which is what I used to translate this game into Romanian. Progress must have been halted due to various time constraints that everyone here is experiencing as of late. I too have also been quite busy and missed out on a lot of translation work recently as well. But like Taskforce said, things are still moving along slowly, but surely and La Wares will eventually get released in English as well.

By the way guys, if you still require my help, I'll be happy to resume working on this for the English project. I've play tested through this game many times already and have found quite a few bugs that Bongo` fixed along with some that remain. Make sure you guys ask him for the updated text inserter with all the bugs that were fixed. Hopefully, the last few remaining ones that cause random freeze points when fast forwarding or opening chests in dungeons can be fixed as well.

If you end up needing additional testers after all, I know the game pretty well already, as I previously mentioned, and the testing wouldn't likely take very long in this case. In all honesty, if not for the grinding (especially at the end), this game could be finished in a single afternoon, most likely. Theoretically, you could just skip the final area with a proper save, as there was no dialogue to speak of during that segment, and it would speed up the testing even more. Either way, good luck with the project. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, that grinding! Thanks, we'll weigh our options as things develop. Draken recommends additional testers. He may do a pass, himself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

I work best when I have these issues reported on the Mantis tracker. e-mailing these issues is no bueno.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:48 am 
Site Admin

When I write the final scenes of SSMS-II, hopefully sometime this week, I'll try to find the time to sit down and figure out this Mantis thing again. As for SSMS-II, it's getting very close (V 0.96 beta today). In fact, I'm in the middle of (the) final boss battles(s) this moment... But the doggone ending is fairly long and involved. I probably won't have any more save points for backing it up and executing numerous re-writes cleanly.

Here's a teaser update for SSMS-II:
Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 am 
Site Admin

This project looks to be VERY close to beta. I just had a quick peek at everything, and think the script is totally finished. Bongo` spent a good deal of the past day hammering out all (almost all) of the few remaining bugs in the game. Beta testing could be fast approaching!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next