Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Post subject: Re: A La Wares Post Here (for now)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:29 am 

What other issues are there for the english version?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:30 am 

ebony841 wrote:
What other issues are there for the english version?

I'd say it's a few issues, though minor. By the seem of it these cant be sorted because the project co-ordinator, (WildBill), is on a break for some reason. With the
Christmas holidays coming up also.. DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS BUT... I really can't see this project being released now until maybe end of December or even maybe
very early into 2016 cos of all the family visits and other hectic stuff that happens around this time of year, real life stuff always poses an issue around this time and
things just tend to slow down. If this English release happens before the new year I will be very surprised.. AND very happy :) 2016 looks like it's going to be a great
year for translation releases from the D-D team if time permits it. :)

Maybe one of the project group members for this translation can give us a little update on what's exactly left that needs doing :)

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:25 am 
Site Admin

We're not at the point where we need beta testers at this time, there are other game(s) which also require Wildbill's attention so I can't say when this one will get finalized and released in English, please just be patient as it could be a while yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:15 am 

I want to know what bugs/ errors are present in the english version that is not present in the romanian version. Maybe the english sentences are longer than romanian ones.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:28 am 
Site Admin

We can not know what bugs are present at this point, because the game has not been finished.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:57 am 
Site Admin

The English script is finished, which is what I obviously used to translate the game into Romanian. What remains to be done is a bit more script editing and formatting. For example, although Bongo` fixed the current bugs for this game, he would have to update the tools we use for the English version since the Romanian one was modified to insert a Romanian battle menu and splash page.

We don't even have an English splash page yet in fact, but it's not that hard to make one. Just be a little more patient. Once Wildbill gets back, work will eventually be resumed on this translation. Most of the important things have already been taken care of, so it shouldn't take long before release when work does resume. But like Taskforce said, there's a lot of other projects taking place in the same time as well, so you can't really except that it will be anytime soon. We'll just have to wait and see.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:12 am 

Hey Recca could you give someone who has NO IDEA what La Wares is even about a general plot synopsis and comparision to what style rpg it is? For example closer to Final Fantasy style or Chrono Trigger or Dragon Quest styles. Thanks in advance.

Also anyone who knows please help a guy out :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 am 
Site Admin

Well, I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. It's basically a story about a young Robin Hood like bandit who joins forces with a somewhat spoiled princess that is the same age as him and eventually save the world. By which I mean, he saves the world since all the other characters besides him in this game are pretty useless at fighting. They can heal alright, but that's basically it. And by "Robin Hood" type bandit, I mean that he's a good guy. He's not actually dressed in green like him or anything.

As for the gameplay style, the battles are like those of the Phantasy Star or Silva Saga series. You don't see your characters in battle, only the enemies in front of you. The main character is the best fighter and the only one who can use a Golem (mecha/robot) in battle. Most battles in dungeons are fought on foot, whereas those on the world map and during boss fights are fought in his Golem. You can look at my Romanian version screen shots on the project page if you want to see what I mean. Attack magic also seems pretty useless in this game. Aside from that, the game itself is also pretty short compared to most other SNES RPGs, but it's still quite enjoyable. The best part in my opinion, is the fantastic character art that you can see on their status screens (which you may also see on the project page).

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am 

Thanks for your hard work! I can speak Spanish as my second language (and Portuguese to some extent), so I figured I'd give the Romanian version a spin; turns out I could understand about 60-70% of what was going on, so that wasn't too bad - better than if I had attempted to do it in Japanese with my current skills, that's for sure. The only issues I have with this game are that any magic other than healing is practically useless, and that the grind near the end (more or less around the "boss rush" part) gets kinda ridiculous. I guess this one could benefit immensely from doubling or even tripling the amount of EXP you get for each killed enemy, since a lot of the game later on is almost solely grinding. Nevertheless, the story is alright, though not really fleshed out too much. I guess that's to be expected, as it's a very short game for SNES RPG standards - if not for the grinding, it could be finished in like 2-3 hours probably at most. Overall, good going - and thanks for mentioning the text error in the readme, and the solution to it. Overall, I'll gladly give this one a shot again in English in the future, though I have to say that the speed-up button really is your best friend during the final stretch. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill will be working on the English version soon. He has returned and is making great strides on many projects. I can't give specifics but lets just say that Princess Minerva may not be the only game to reach beta before the year is out. We'll give more news on this when the time is right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next