Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Oni 2 Savestates
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:07 am 
Site Admin

There are still a few things left in GOD (remember that neat menu?), but I'm not really ready to delve back into that game until the main script is fully translated.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:16 am 
Site Admin

I think we're all getting to be grumpy old men (at least the ladies around here aren't getting to be old and grumpy with us ;) ), but I for one really appreciate all the effort. And I'm sure or at least I hope if and when we get the game to release, you'll feel that it was all worth the effort. I wish I could help you out, but my SNES assembly skills are beyond bad. And at this point, with so few SNES games left to translate, I'm just not sure it is worth trying to improve them.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:22 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
I think we're all getting to be grumpy old men (at least the ladies around here aren't getting to be old and grumpy with us ;) ), but I for one really appreciate all the effort. And I'm sure or at least I hope if and when we get the game to release, you'll feel that it was all worth the effort. I wish I could help you out, but my SNES assembly skills are beyond bad. And at this point, with so few SNES games left to translate, I'm just not sure it is worth trying to improve them.

You know what, TF? The game is OK once you understand what it wants to do.
But then the coders throw in some stupidity hear and there and it just goes crazy.
No room for expansion. The things that can be better suited in another ROM area
requires dumb code to access it making it harder to deal with. I can't explain.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:28 am 

Bongo` wrote:
As for another project, I think this is it. All other games are in pretty good state.
final stages I believe. Do you have anything that you need help with ( Snes / NES only )?

If you're asking me specifically, I would be forever in your debt if you could get me a script dump for Light Fantasy 1. IIRC you already gave me one for Light Fantasy 2.

(I was tempted to jokingly ask for help with Maka Maka, which is an awful, buggy pile of poo. But I think I'll let KingMike handle the hacking on that, um, gem. :3 )

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:36 am 
Site Admin

Call me crazy (cause its a magical girl anime game) but I still want to see Sailor Moon Super S Fawa Fawa Panic (which has very little text) in English. Setting aside that it is Sailor Moon (which I'm not even a fan of), that is one of if not the best puzzler I've ever played, loads of fun. But that is just a lot of wishful thinking on my part, and I'm not asking Bongo` to dive into that. I just couldn't help but comment on one game I'd still like to see in English that isn't an RPG for once.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:11 am 

Someone called justin2009 has been poking around with that game, but he's not a pure translation hacker and seems a bit flaky when it comes to focusing on projects. Right now, he's looking into trying to increase the khz of the voices in the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
As for another project, I think this is it. All other games are in pretty good state.
final stages I believe. Do you have anything that you need help with ( Snes / NES only )?

If you're asking me specifically, I would be forever in your debt if you could get me a script dump for Light Fantasy 1. IIRC you already gave me one for Light Fantasy 2.

(I was tempted to jokingly ask for help with Maka Maka, which is an awful, buggy pile of poo. But I think I'll let KingMike handle the hacking on that, um, gem. :3 )

Ahhh, Maka Maka... I looked at that game ( not code wise ) a few times.
Thought it was a strange one. How'd you get KingMike to hack that beast!? :)
I'm sure he was excited for the opportunity to assist one of the greatest translators
in our time. :) I will look at LF1 to see what it will take. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:38 am 

Bongo` wrote:
I'm sure he was excited for the opportunity to assist one of the greatest translators
in our time. :)

Re: Maka Maka, it started with me offering to help KingMike translate Day of the Idea. Day of the Idea is kind of a sequel to Maka Maka, and KingMike expressed interest in hacking it as well, so I offered to help with the translation. Apparently the game was released without any kind of bug testing. From the link in my last post:

"So, the bugs. You can have your stats roll over to zero randomly during level ups. If you use the magic system in the game, you can have your magic set to zero, preventing use of magic. You can create some cascading bugs where your party members are replaced with clones of other party members and fighting graphically glitched enemies. Certain boundaries aren’t set properly, so you can wander outside of the ‘walls’ of certain caves, leaving you trapped in darkness."

So yeah, Maka Maka sounds terrifying hacking-wise, and I'm glad I only have to deal with the translation.

Oh, and let me know if you need any help with kanji ID for LF1. I'll be happy to help you however I can. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
in our time. :)

Oh, and let me know if you need any help with kanji ID for LF1. I'll be happy to help you however I can. :)

I thought i sent you the kanji files last night but as I lay in bed i realized i did not send them.