Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post subject: Re: Yes friends, the project is back in production once agai
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 am 
Site Admin

Pete wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
If so, then Bongo`, I need a new story to work on while I've got this time available, a classic turn-based RPG.

Dragon Quest 6 retranslation... :)

Or maybe this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_w7JoIigco

But the best would still be if you just worked on Oni 2, as your storytelling rocks, Wildbill. Having the story of one of my favourite games written by the best storyteller around would be awesome!

Yeah...Traverse: Starlight & Prairie is not gonna happen. That's with us doing it that is. I believe this game is in great hands, and with that said, should hopefully see a release soon enough. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
I believe this game is in great hands, and with that said, should hopefully see a release soon enough. :D

Even better, then! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm 

Is there any forum that shows progress on Traverse Starlight? I haven't seen anything for it since YnT was around. Am I right in assuming this is being done in the background by someone that is not ready to report anything yet?

From what I remember someone telling me a while back, this game is a little like Romancing SaGa? It has a relatively open world with a lot of freedom to do things?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:34 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Is there any forum that shows progress on Traverse Starlight? I haven't seen anything for it since YnT was around. Am I right in assuming this is being done in the background by someone that is not ready to report anything yet?

From what I remember someone telling me a while back, this game is a little like Romancing SaGa? It has a relatively open world with a lot of freedom to do things?

One of the forum members is doing this game I believe. Very capable hands. I don't wanna call anyone out, but I'm sure you can do a search on our forum and find out who the person/group is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:01 am 

I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm working on Traverse. It's been translated for quite some time now. The translator loved it. Said you could beat it in 5 minutes. So many different endings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:35 am 
Site Admin

Garrett wrote:
I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm working on Traverse. It's been translated for quite some time now. The translator loved it. Said you could beat it in 5 minutes. So many different endings.

Thank you for speaking up, Garrett. :D Can't wait for its release.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:56 am 

hausen wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
ancient china refs ... I think that may be true for Benkei Suna as well.

Kurisu has played through that game and written about it in length at his blog... https://superfamicomrpgs.blogspot.fi/p/blog-page.html
Scroll down for links to all parts of his playthrough and review. He mentions the fact that historic references are indeed plenty with the game and apparently the script is also kanji-heavy with "old" connotations in speech patterns, word usage etc. Looks great still and would be good to play in english one day 8-)

Yeah there are a lot of Chinese names, and historical Japanese people. And like I said in the review there are hardly any western loan words in the game so you have to know kanji pretty well. But it shouldn't be *that* much harder than other SFC era scripts. Most of the names can be easily looked up with google and wikipedia.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:12 pm 

Garrett wrote:

i'd like to report this on my website as in translation but what's the name of the group translating it..? it don't feel right just putting Garret.. unless he's the ONLY person working on it.. lol!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:30 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
Garrett wrote:

i'd like to report this on my website as in translation but what's the name of the group translating it..? it don't feel right just putting Garret.. unless he's the ONLY person working on it.. lol!

https://twitter.com/DDSTrans/status/986472301972598785

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

Time passes and other situations occur and command all of my time, but soon I'll be working along steadily on the first draft of the Oni-II story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next