Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: Release Information and Feedback
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 am 
Site Admin

I'll have the fix out the next few days (I hope), so you could you probably start playing whenever you want. I doubt you'd run into many difficulties early on in the game.

Edit: Meh.. Just updated the patch :) Have fun playing!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:21 pm 

Thanks for the updated patch Draken!

Has anyone figured out how to get that dang Monster Bun btw?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 pm 

Thanks for getting the patch updated. Keep up the good work. I'm really looking forward to some of the upcoming translations.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:43 pm 

Prennick wrote:
Thanks for the updated patch Draken!

Has anyone figured out how to get that dang Monster Bun btw?

The Monster Bun?

Yeah, it's...

Spoiler! :
The "Monster Bun" is held by an enemy, the "Golden Whale", which can be found in the waters around Vladivostok OR the Gulf of California. There's several enemy types that appear there, so it might take several battles before you encounter the Golden Whale. Note that Heath must have already learned the "Steal" ability in order for you to steal it from this enemy.

It helps if you have another of your party members cast "Stun" on the Golden Whale, then have Heath try to "Steal" the Monster Bun. Also, make sure you equip the "Lupin III's Suit" on Heath to increase his chances to successfully steal items.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 am 

Spoiler Alert:
Spoiler! :
I can't help but feel God himself deserves a place on TV Tropes' Complete Monster Page if G.O.D. gets it own page on there due to his actions during the final battle and the game's backstory. And his reason for it all is petty, he wants to have a human host body because he doesn't have a body himself. (Perhaps a reference to the belief that Jesus is God himself in human form?)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:35 am 

Just a question about the new patch: Will I have to start over on a new rom or can i apply the patch to the rom im already playing and keep going?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:02 am 

i don't know if this is a known issue / glitch and it is quite insignificant in any case but here it is :
it only started happening after i reached a certain level (i would say 30-35 or so) and only affected the main character
at first i thought "maybe it's the effect of an armor / cap / accessory" but seems unlikely because it kept on happening seemingly at random ?

http://oi64.tinypic.com/15r18hs.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/9jiuir.jpg

basically,the indicated health points are higher than the current maximum amount

https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:33 am 

@furan: That IS odd. Question: have you been using any cheats/cheat codes? I ask because, if so, they may cause unusual behavior in the game (I'm not saying that's what it is, but I'm just asking to eliminate that possibility).

I do see what you're referring to, though: the MAX HP is lower than your actual HP (which is not supposed to happen, ever...the only time I ever saw anything "glitched" regarding HP was with Duck-Duck, which is known now, or if you go all the way up to level 99). Occasionally, emulators will also act up, out of the blue. Have you tried saving your game and resetting the emulator, then reloading your save to check if the problem persists? I've seen glitches pop up in-game, only to disappear after I reset the emulator, so that's worth a try also.

Aside from that, what I'd suggest is to make a save and save state and get them to Draken so it can be looked into, as I don't think any actual problem can be determined from just looking at these pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 pm 

no cheats

i used a relatively old version of bsnes aka higan aka i don't remember what it is called nowadays

like i said,this odd glitch became rather familiar / common after reaching level 30-35
i don't think it ever happened before that point and the affected character was (is) always the 主人公 :oops:

these screenshots were taken just before the final battle(s)

http://oi64.tinypic.com/rwtmoo.jpg
http://oi64.tinypic.com/x4lni9.jpg

i still have the srm file but i guess a save state file would probably be more useful ?
so,yea,if the guys in charge think it's relevant enough i can play the game some more and create a state file when and if the glitch shows up again

https://www.youtube.com/user/FranThirdStrike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, it's definitely something we could have Bongo` look into, but it definitely require an SRM file so that we could load it up and take a look at what is happening. Honestly, having knowledge of the leveling bug that is in the original game, and knowing that maxing out HP/MP will "roll-over" values past 9999, I'm betting this bug isn't something we caused, but is inherent in the original ROM.

You're playing in BSNES? That's odd.. I could never get the game to display text correctly in that emulator (works fine in Higan, though). How did you get around that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next