Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post subject: Re: Release Information and Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:08 am 
Site Admin

@Ryan914: It's been acknowledged over at RHDN. Bongo` is looking into it, and I hope he has it fixed soon because this is a pretty big issue that I'd like to have fixed ASAP. Thanks for taking the time to come post about it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:23 am 

Hi, Draken. I'd like to report about a possible typo, or perhaps name swap, that I've just found. I'm near the end of the game and just for the sake of completionism I was trying to find as many buns as possible before battling the final boss. I've found that, when you find the Shaman bun which can be found in
Spoiler! :
the item shop at Osore village
, when you visit the Bun King house, it appears listed as "itako bun" instead when I check the list of all the gathered ones.

A really incredible game, I am enjoying it a lot :D One of the best rpgs for the snes, t's a real pity it wasn't released in the West back in the day.

Last edited by akualung on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:55 am 
Site Admin

Thanks! I've made note of it for the patch update. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game. I think it has taken most people by surprise. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:45 pm 

Draken wrote:
@ Prennick: Thanks for the feedback! I'm an Openemu user as well, and I'm pretty sure the problem you're seeing is a result of the filter you're applying. Try changing the filter to "pixelate" - which removes all filters - and you'll see it run just fine. Other filters may or may not give you better results than what you are originally experiencing.

Thanks for the advice Draken!

Changing this setting is making the game run smoother however, I still notice some quick graphical glitches occurring especially during dialogue scenes, nothing that crashes the game thankfully. This could very well be the emulator but I just thought I would mention it. Thanks again to the team for this great translation!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

FYI: There is a running play-through of the game here: https://youtu.be/BRE94SZmDko I've been watching it daily as it releases. May be worth checking out for feedback. They mention a couple things as they play like the fact that there is a skill called "seduce", and also "confuse" which they believe are used interchangeably at one point, though I haven't confirmed the claim.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:30 am 
Site Admin

Thanks, Filler! As far as I can tell, the game uses both. I double checked the language as best as I could, and it looks like they are two separate status afflictions, albeit probably resulting in roughly the same behavior.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:16 pm 

Hello and thank you so much for your time and effort in this release, I've enjoyed quite a few of your releases over the years. I just wanted to pop in and let you know how truly grateful I am for all your hard work. This game is an absolute gem.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:30 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for your kind words! I'm sure everyone involved on the project really appreciates you stopping by and showing us your support :)

Oh, and I'm hoping to have an updated patch ready for release sometime this weekend so stay tuned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:45 am 

Not a bad game, I liked it more than Far east of eden but battles are a bit slow and random encounter rates high (thank god for fast forward on the emulator)...The only cheat I ever use is No random encounter which I used here a few times and provided a nice break from the constant battles especially when trying to navigate more maze like dungeons or needed to back track after missing something.

Never was able to combine buns but no worries, beat the game at level 57. Not very hard, even if there is a glitch in the original game that does not allow you to revive a KO'ed character in battle, at least from what I saw.

Oh, and as for you guys, great translation! There is a lot of text so it was an impressive undertaking, kudos to everyone at DD, keep up the good work!

Spoiler! :
Hint: Once you hit about level 40 and have the 6th skill (sword slash thingy) go to Australia crater and grind on 20,000 exp enemies in the basement and, especially with ff, will rack up levels. I went from 40 to 52 so quickly! Was set for the rest of the game.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:27 pm 

So is the lack of raising allies in battle issue pretty serious in terms of making it through the game? I'm debating on whether I should wait until the new patch comes to start playing the game.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next