Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
Post subject: Re: Status Update
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Sweet! My vote is for the first title that includes "growth or devolution". I think it makes sense for the patch since most people don't have access to the box like players did originally.

I also think I prefer the first set of symbols for the Chakras. The sanskrit looks nice, but if people need to remember or recognize these symbols, I think the first ones are easier to attach meaning to at a glance.

I must say that I concur!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:43 am 
Site Admin

I really wish those symbols were easier to represent in the small amount of area we have to work with. It just isn't easy to draw intricate shapes in a 16x16 pixel grid :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:13 am 

Yeah.. first title pic that says 'Growth or Devolution' for my choice also BUT I prefer the look of the second (sanskrit) symbols to be fair.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:24 am 
Site Admin

So, I chose to keep Taskforce's symbols for the Chakra, and we'll use the two-line title screen text as requested!

Good news! Hacking and Graphics look to be 100% complete as of today. All this leaves is my final pass of the script, and then this game will be ready for beta testing! It's not going to be done tomorrow, but it's definitely getting done early next year (i hope!)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
So, I chose to keep Taskforce's symbols for the Chakra, and we'll use the two-line title screen text as requested!

Good news! Hacking and Graphics look to be 100% complete as of today. All this leaves is my final pass of the script, and then this game will be ready for beta testing! It's not going to be done tomorrow, but it's definitely getting done early next year (i hope!)
I talk to a fellow on fb occasionally who will be VERY astounded that you have made it to this point!

C'mon, Jeff C., don't be shy! Come on "this media" and thank Draken for all his hard work!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:56 am 

Thank you guys (especially you Draken) for translating G.O.D. It's been a dream of mine to play this Japan only RPG ever since I read about it on MobyGames. I would like to be one of the beta testers when the time comes if it's possible. I also hope you guys will translate Verne World and Re-translate Terranigma. I think Terranigma is one of the greatest games ever made but I heard that the translation is mediocre. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
Thank you guys (especially you Draken) for translating G.O.D. It's been a dream of mine to play this Japan only RPG ever since I read about it on MobyGames. I would like to be one of the beta testers when the time comes if it's possible. I also hope you guys will translate Verne World and Re-translate Terranigma. I think Terranigma is one of the greatest games ever made but I heard that the translation is mediocre. :(
FYI, Jeff is a friend of mine. He's been corresponding with me a couple of years. I have encouraged him to post here for project updates and discussions. I've been inactive recently, and I've told Jeff he can receive more timely and comprehensive information on specific subjects here on our boards. Welcome to the D-D forums, Jeff! We are pleased to have you aboard!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:08 am 
Site Admin

JeffCotten1989 wrote:

How's it going, Jeff. Thanks for all the praise. I'm glad you are a fan. As for Verne World, I have had this game hacked, and awaiting a translation for 2 or so years now. I have beaten the game already too. for what I have seen of the game, it's pretty cool.The hacking was the fun part though. Should a translator find interest in translating the scripts for us, It may end up a project to complete.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:06 am 
Site Admin

Welcome, Jeff, and thanks for your interest in the project! I'll be sure and add you to my list of potential testers. It's already pretty long, but I can probably squeeze you in.

The game's script still has a ways to go. In December, my focus turned to graphics and bugs, but now that they are all dealt with, I plan on once again tackling the script. It's still going to be a few months before it's ready for beta testing, so hang in there!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:47 am 

I hope you guys will put a help wanted ad for Verne World on Romhacking.net. I can wait a few months. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next