Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
Post subject: Re: Status Update
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:42 am 
Site Admin

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
To be honest, I've played it and beaten it a lot of times (It's just been a while since I did and what I typed came out wrong) and I noticed there was a lot of translation oddities here and there like people referring to themselves in the third person, A lot of names being changed, a quiz that was cut from the english release, and that dang Bloody Mary nursery rhyme. It could at least need some fixing up but I understand if you guys don't want to do it, maybe somebody else might do it someday. Sorry about bringing it up. I still hope to beta-test G.O.D. when the time comes.
Thing is, at least we have an English option with Terranigma. Once, I wanted to do an actual translation of the dumped Lennus (I-J) Japanese script and call it "Lennus-I (E)". Instead, we have Paladin's Quest from NoA. Now I'm of a mind that our time is very well spent creating the very first English version of a JRPG we've never seen in our language previously, in preference to something already ported, regardless of our opinion of the commercial product.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Thing is, at least we have an English option with Terranigma. Once, I wanted to do an actual translation of the dumped Lennus (I-J) Japanese script and call it "Lennus-I (E)". Instead, we have Paladin's Quest from NoA. Now I'm of a mind that our time is very well spent creating the very first English version of a JRPG we've never seen in our language previously, in preference to something already ported, regardless of our opinion of the commercial product.

This is a philosophy I subscribe to as well. I'd rather see something new than the 10th retranslation of Final Fantasy 6 in a row. I do agree that some games might use a retouch, though - ever seen the patches for STED or Villgust NES by J2e? Those are games that could definitely be improved, since a lot of dialogues seem straight up made up/very poor in terms of grammar, spelling etc. Not blaming them fully for it still, maybe these games weren't properly tested or something, or had really jumbled scripts. Besides, these were the dark times of fan-translation anyway.

Either way, I wonder what's the case for Lennus I actually. And to stay on topic, hope that all goes well for G.O.D. this year. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:42 am 

In the ending for Lennus, there was a sequel hook that was cut out of the North American release.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

MariusB wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

This is a philosophy I subscribe to as well. I'd rather see something new than the 10th retranslation of Final Fantasy 6 in a row. I do agree that some games might use a retouch, though - ever seen the patches for STED or Villgust NES by J2e? Those are games that could definitely be improved, since a lot of dialogues seem straight up made up/very poor in terms of grammar, spelling etc. Not blaming them fully for it still, maybe these games weren't properly tested or something, or had really jumbled scripts. Besides, these were the dark times of fan-translation anyway.

Either way, I wonder what's the case for Lennus I actually. And to stay on topic, hope that all goes well for G.O.D. this year. :)
Ha, G. O. D. is very close - to stay on topic but funny you should mention STED and Villgust NES. I arranged with AnusP to work on STED, actually got going in the first town, then Taskforce and I got going with Villgust SNES. I couldn't meet their timeline, so they put Villgust NES out there like it is.

Now, if Bongo` were to dump the Lennus-I script and build me a basic insertion folder... Hmmm... I could peck away at it in between everything else. Draken might find interest in such an enterprise!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:26 pm 

How close are we to beta testing G.O.D.? Note that is my first time if I do beta test this (I'm doing this primarily to play the translation before anybody else.) :) but I'll do my best to spot bugs and translation errors.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
How close are we to beta testing G.O.D.? Note that is my first time if I do beta test this (I'm doing this primarily to play the translation before anybody else.) :) but I'll do my best to spot bugs and translation errors.

Hahaha. I will tell you this, beta testing seems to me that it will take all the joy out of playing the game. :(
I have a tough time playing these games as it is. I prefer to work on them and ship them out!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 pm 

Guess I can wait but hoping to God (LOL) that this sees a release before or during spring.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 am 
Site Admin

@JeffCotten1989: G.O.D. is currently at about 30% of my final pass over the script, so there is much progress being made. I try my best to set aside an hour a day to go over the scripts, and that 30% progress was made in maybe 3 or 4 days of work if that gives you any idea of how quickly it's moving. Once I finish my final pass, I want to play the entire game one LAST time to catch any new bugs and to see how all the text feels when it's called in-game. At this time, I will also let the guys on staff have first dibs on whether they want to review/play the game before it moves into beta.

I'm still under the strong impression that official beta testing will begin at some time within the next few months.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 pm 

@Draken Just looked at G.O.D's page, 90%. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:12 am 
Site Admin

Progress continues! My last pass over the scripts is at a little over 50% finished. My momentum has slowed a little as I am now working on text that I have only gone over a few times (the first 30% was work I've re-edited maybe 7 times or more, so it was quite a breeze). Worry not, though. Good progress is still being made!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next