Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
Post subject: Re: Status Update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:34 am 
Site Admin

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
I hope you guys will put a help wanted ad for Verne World on Romhacking.net. I can wait a few months. :)

I am co sidering it, but we already have so much going on that it wouldn't be dealt with for some time. With that said, we do have quitr a few projects that I'm sure will hold your attention for a good amount of time. Hopefully they will be released in due time. If Verne World gets script help, then so be it. Even if another group wishes to take it on, that would be fibe too. I am willing to share all that I have for the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:34 am 
Site Admin

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
I hope you guys will put a help wanted ad for Verne World on Romhacking.net. I can wait a few months. :)
Jeff, it doesn't work that way. Lennus-II took us 10 years. A new project, Verne World or any other, is probably about 5 years out. We have at least 7 big games ahead of our next full RPG or long story game of any type.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:42 am 

I was talking about G.O.D. I meant I could wait a few months for the beta testing to start. Trust me I know how long it takes to translate a game. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:00 am 
Site Admin

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
I was talking about G.O.D. I meant I could wait a few months for the beta testing to start. Trust me I know how long it takes to translate a game. :)
Got it. My bad. Thought you meant Verne.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 pm 

I would still like to see Terranigma retranslated by you guys. It's one of my favorite games and it saddens me to see nobody attempting it. https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index. ... ic=17252.0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:05 am 

JeffCotten1989 wrote:
I also hope you guys will translate Verne World and Re-translate Terranigma. I think Terranigma is one of the greatest games ever made but I heard that the translation is mediocre. :(

Firstly, Welcome to the D-D forums J.C.

Okay, I gather you have not played Terranigma yourself, you say "I think Terranigma is one of the greatest games ever made but I heard that the translation is mediocre".. I'm a massive fan of THAT game, to the point that I actually 100%'ed the game, I mean gaining 100% in all the towns and built everything up. The translation is good in my opinion so whoever you heard that from just probably didn't enjoy the game that much. I WOULD however suggest you play it even IF people think the translation ain't that fantastic, it does not need a re-translation and this is probably why no one has attempted it, it's perfectly fine as it is.

IF you have played it then i'm ACTUALLY curious to know why you think the translation of it is mediocre..? and PLEASE DO NOT reference all that rubbish that ONE person argues about over on GameFAQ's post about this game needing a re-translation. The game didn't officially get an American release.. it was only released as PAL and Japanese regions but i'm guessing if it DID get a USA release the American and Pal versions would have been near enough the same story/text other than a few words here and there being changed.. like color/colour, religious contents being removed etc.. SO to that point you STILL would have not got a REAL word for word translation in the USA.

I totally find it ODD though the game was translated in the USA but didn't get a release there. The little mistakes in the game with the text I will assume it was just a beta script they went with and not giving it a final script version.. all to rush it out over in the PAL regions for release at around December time for christmas Dec, 2016, not to mention because Enix of America had shut down before the script was just about finished (which is another reason I think the game used a late beta version of the translation script, of course this is just MY opinion on what happened and no definitive proof of that.)

I specifically remember getting this game way back in 1996 for christmas in the UK, and man.. I was hooked from day one, so if you haven't played it.. play it, you won't be disappointed, even with all these little text mistakes that grammar natzis RAGE over on the net and want changed, lol.

Peace Man!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:24 am 

To be honest, I've played it and beaten it a lot of times (It's just been a while since I did and what I typed came out wrong) and I noticed there was a lot of translation oddities here and there like people referring to themselves in the third person, A lot of names being changed, a quiz that was cut from the english release, and that dang Bloody Mary nursery rhyme. It could at least need some fixing up but I understand if you guys don't want to do it, maybe somebody else might do it someday. Sorry about bringing it up. I still hope to beta-test G.O.D. when the time comes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:39 am 

Hope the PSX version gets translated someday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:42 am 
Site Admin

You and me both! The PSX version is really beautiful if you've never gotten a chance to play. It's basically a remake of the SNES game - same story, mostly same dialogue (with a few new added bits here and there), improved music, etc.

I don't think we'll be the ones to do it, but I REALLY hope someone does eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:14 am 

Me three.. G.O.D. PSX looks really good, I want to play an English version of that, just hope someone picks it up one day also.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next