Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
Post subject: Re: Status Update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:37 am 

Recca wrote:
Nice, that font matches very well indeed with the game's graphics! If there's one thing that I really like about this game, it's got to be those original spell and victory animations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Znvefvva6I

Speaking of which, check out this strange SNES game called Maka Maka:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGXPy_HDz7Q
Does anyone else think that it might have been a really good game if not for all those weird characters or is it just me...?

Maka Maka.. that game looks one crazy rpg.. I remember adding that one to the "Japzone" section on SnesRPGgaming, and thought exactly that back then also.
There's SO many rpgs on the snes I would LOVE to play in english, it's a shame that there is not MORE translating groups out there translating them, with only
two or three (maybe 4) a year translated and released, i'd probably be about 80 years of age before all those happen, or i'd be dead. Below's a few i'd LOVE to
see done...

1. Elfaria 1 & 2. (These look amazing)
2. Gokinjo Boukentai (kinda looks like a Earthbound type game using Zelda3 graphics)
3. Granhistoria: Genshi Sekaiki (this looks fun with an unusual battle system)
4. Haō Taikei Ryū Knight (looks like an amazing action adventure game)
5. Mahōjin Guru Guru 1 & 2 (Would LOVE to see these two translated)
6. Rejoice: Aretha Ōkoku no Kanata (Heared a few people have tried this one BUT it's a translator/hacker nightmare apparently)
7. Ruin Arm
8. Shinseiki Odysselya 1 & 2.
9. Solid Runner (This looks like it would be fun also).
10. Zig Zag Cat: Ostrich Club mo Oosawagi da (This one looks like crazy fun)

Others.... Wizap! .. Traverse .. Verne World .. The Last Bible .. Xak .. Yume Maboroshi no Gotoku

Oops sry guys.. kinda gone off OP topic here, mabe i should have started a "Traslation Wishful Thinking" page... lol

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:28 am 

As far as I know Maka Maka is one big "Kusoge" which means more or less "shitty game". Mostly because is glitchy as hell. But I haven't played it so...
For wishful translations I would add "Power Soukoban". That thing looks fun.

Looking at the screenshots with more text, it looks really nice, I like that font! So simple, yet so easy to read...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:36 pm 

another one that looks really good.. "Ihatov Monogatari".

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

I actually had a lot of those games on my translation wish list as well. The one I would most like to see being worked on is definitely Haou Taikei Ryuu Knight, which is similar to Rejoice! - Aretha Oukoku no Kanata. At least AGTP is currently "working" on Rejoice... for years now... *coughlazygideonzhicough*. Just kidding! :lol: But yeah, I wish that there were more fan translation groups as well like we at D-D.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:53 am 

Recca wrote:
I actually had a lot of those games on my translation wish list as well. The one I would most like to see being worked on is definitely Haou Taikei Ryuu Knight, which is similar to Rejoice! - Aretha Oukoku no Kanata. At least AGTP is currently "working" on Rejoice... for years now... *coughlazygideonzhicough*. Just kidding! :lol: But yeah, I wish that there were more fan translation groups as well like we at D-D.

LOL! yeah.. I'd also like to see Rejoice finished off, I don't like it when groups take on projects and don't finish them and they go into limbo OR get's shelved..
it causes OTHER groups to not consider translating the game themselves then.. or at least that's what I think about it. :( Well, if we are lucky we might get to
play rejoice some time in the future.

I think the problem sometimes that causes a lot of the long-time waiting for a translated release is when groups take on TOO MANY projects at once.. 4 or 5
projects is okay.. BUT when you take on something like 20 or 30 projects.. it tends to start messing things up I think. OH WELL! at least we get to play some
pretty amazing old-school games thanks to the groups that we have about the net at the moment.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:04 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Recca wrote:
Nice, that font matches very well indeed with the game's graphics! If there's one thing that I really like about this game, it's got to be those original spell and victory animations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Znvefvva6I

Speaking of which, check out this strange SNES game called Maka Maka:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGXPy_HDz7Q
Does anyone else think that it might have been a really good game if not for all those weird characters or is it just me...?

Maka Maka.. that game looks one crazy rpg.. I remember adding that one to the "Japzone" section on SnesRPGgaming, and thought exactly that back then also.
There's SO many rpgs on the snes I would LOVE to play in english, it's a shame that there is not MORE translating groups out there translating them, with only
two or three (maybe 4) a year translated and released, i'd probably be about 80 years of age before all those happen, or i'd be dead. Below's a few i'd LOVE to
see done...

1. Elfaria 1 & 2. (These look amazing)
2. Gokinjo Boukentai (kinda looks like a Earthbound type game using Zelda3 graphics)
3. Granhistoria: Genshi Sekaiki (this looks fun with an unusual battle system)
4. Haō Taikei Ryū Knight (looks like an amazing action adventure game)
5. Mahōjin Guru Guru 1 & 2 (Would LOVE to see these two translated)
6. Rejoice: Aretha Ōkoku no Kanata (Heared a few people have tried this one BUT it's a translator/hacker nightmare apparently)
7. Ruin Arm
8. Shinseiki Odysselya 1 & 2.
9. Solid Runner (This looks like it would be fun also).
10. Zig Zag Cat: Ostrich Club mo Oosawagi da (This one looks like crazy fun)

Others.... Wizap! .. Traverse .. Verne World .. The Last Bible .. Xak .. Yume Maboroshi no Gotoku

Oops sry guys.. kinda gone off OP topic here, mabe i should have started a "Traslation Wishful Thinking" page... lol

1. Elfaria 1 & 2. <---- Bah!
3. Granhistoria: Genshi Sekaiki <--- I'm sure this game is being done. It's in great hands! :)
4. Haō Taikei Ryū Knight <------ I believe this is being translated
6. Rejoice: Aretha Ōkoku no Kanata <---- Game is very similar to Aretha's code. In good hands.
7. Ruin Arm <----- Looked at this a few times
8. Shinseiki Odysselya 1 & 2. <------- Looked at these a few times.

Verne World <---- Hehehehe
The Last Bible <---- This has nightmare code
Xak <------- Helped on the French translation of this game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Just a quick update. Filler finished up the last bit of main dialogue after tackling the leftover misc/menu files. After completing work on Xak a few days ago (patch awaiting a fix by Bongo'), I got back to editing this GREAT game... Man, I can't wait to play more of it. I've read the majority of the script, but I've played maybe half the game. It really gets crazy (in a good way), and I just wanted you all to know that work has started up once more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:39 am 
Site Admin

This is great news. I spent some time today working on the last bit of the script (just how-to-play, and journal entries). It's interesting how the journal entries give an overview of the whole game. I think you'll enjoy reading them when they're done. BTW: I agree, this game seems really interesting. I think people will be surprised. Want to try to make this something special.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:03 pm 

This is a super noteworthy project and it's great you keep us up with the news. Tried the game a bit with the japanese rom a long time ago and I still remember that great music track in the opening scene. Haha, and listen closely to that riff in the bat boss battle at the first cave (as far as I got back then). It'll be such an honor to fire up your translation one of these days!

Perhaps some of you working on the project already have the actual cart, but I could try scanning the handbook, for the curious minds out there, when I get a chance?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:55 am 
Site Admin

I'm happy to announce that after years of hard work by melonseller and filler, the translation has finally been completely (well, let's say 99% as I'm pretty sure text for several cut scenes didn't get dumped yet) translated!! I'm so happy and thankful to these great translators as this game has a pretty MASSIVE script! Now, I've got to get back to editing and get Bongo` cracking on the many, many (not Chaos Seed level, but still a lot) bug fixes that this game will need. Stay tuned!

@hausen: Thanks for the interest in the project and the gracious offer to scan the manual. I'm sure we'd be happy to host it if you are willing to scan it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next