Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Unused content, typos, and mistakes in the Japanese scri
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:03 pm 

Bwah117 wrote:
SylarDean: Sure, no problem, glad if it's of some help to you :)

Don't worry about giving me credit, you can, if you want, but it's not necessary.

Oh, and regarding the double "Phantom" entry? Actually, it's a TRIPLED entry (#'s 98, 149, & 158), but there's a reason for it: even though they're the "same" enemy, they're actually three similar enemies you face (it's a boss...a scripted event at the end of the Broadway Theater, where you face all three "Phantoms" at once, which is why their entries are the same (you face them all at the same time, at the same place)). Also, and more importantly, they each have their own "Bestiarium" entry, so I *had* to list each one individually.

AH! okay.. :) Speaking of bestiary.. where the hell do i find that..? ive looked everywhere in game menus and can't see it.. :/

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:16 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
Bwah117 wrote:
SylarDean: Sure, no problem, glad if it's of some help to you :)

Don't worry about giving me credit, you can, if you want, but it's not necessary.

Oh, and regarding the double "Phantom" entry? Actually, it's a TRIPLED entry (#'s 98, 149, & 158), but there's a reason for it: even though they're the "same" enemy, they're actually three similar enemies you face (it's a boss...a scripted event at the end of the Broadway Theater, where you face all three "Phantoms" at once, which is why their entries are the same (you face them all at the same time, at the same place)). Also, and more importantly, they each have their own "Bestiarium" entry, so I *had* to list each one individually.

AH! okay.. :) Speaking of bestiary.. where the hell do i find that..? ive looked everywhere in game menus and can't see it.. :/

That's a bit of a spoiler, if you want to learn things about the game on your own - not a major one but still...

Spoiler! :
You need to get to lvl 4 of two chakra nodes - namely the Spirit Node and the Mind Node. You can't access the Bestiarium otherwise.

Last edited by MariusB on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:20 pm 

Quote:

*edit* Looks like MariusB answered your question just before I did. And yeah, he's right, it's a bit spoiler-ish [nothing serious, though, as it's not plot-related at all].

Ah, yes...the bestiary. Not sure where you're at, in-game, but you have to be at least Chakra level 4 and be able to Link Chakras. By Linking the Mind and Spirit Chakras, the passive ability granted is...Bestiarium, which can be accessed anywhere outside of battle. When outside of battle, open up the Chakra Command menu, then select the "Bestiarium" command to access the bestiary (that is, after you've linked both Mind and Spirit Chakras).

Hope that helps...I know a lot of the game mechanics aren't the most obvious, and a lot of things are (sort of) hidden, but I think that's part of the game's charm and appeal. Too often, game developers engage in hand-holding the gamer, so it's nice to see a game where you have to actually experiment and do things. Took me FOREVER to actually be able to see Duck-Duck, for example.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:26 pm 

AH! okay thanks guys.. the amount of stuff in this game is incredible.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.