Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Post subject: Re: SSMS-II enters in-house beta testing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:25 am 

Oh! Sorry about that. I don't know what I was thinking. I just sent you a PM.

And since I'm a moron... what is a Mantis report?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:35 am 

Mantis is the system DD uses for reporting and keeping track of bugs and issues in in-progress patches. http://www.dynamic-designs.us/mantis/login_page.php 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:00 am 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
Oh! Sorry about that. I don't know what I was thinking. I just sent you a PM.

And since I'm a moron... what is a Mantis report?
I'll wire you up with the game and everything tomorrow. Taskforce should be able to establish you a Mantis account. It's fairly intuitive. You upload graphics and write an explanation of the suggested fix. You may also upload SRM saves and save-states that pinpoint non-textual bugs that will require hacking fixes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:51 am 

YO! sorry for the absence, college has been a nightmare the past few months.. assignment after assignment, they've just been non stop so ive not had the time to get and play anymore SSMS-II for testing. I'm sure that the .ZIP file i sent you a couple of months ago that was jam-packed full of suggestions, bugs, issues etc kept you busy on this game. I have now just 7 weeks left in college and then my course is over until October when we go back. Hopefully it will not be to late to get back into SSMS-II again to continue on from where I left off, which was i think around the time
Spoiler! :
your about to come back to the main world area from the place in the clouds.

It probably means I should start all over again though and make changes to the guide as I go along cos by the seems of it you have made plenty of changes to names, places, etc.. SO! once again sorry for the absence and i'll get back into SSMS-II as soon as possible to finish off my end of the testing.. so long as you don't release the game within that time frame. When i get to back playing i'll message you Wildbill for an updated patch from the one I have to make sure i have the most recent one.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 pm 

Thanks, Wildbill. I went ahead and created a Mantis account and made my first report. I hope I'm doing this right. lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
Thanks, Wildbill. I went ahead and created a Mantis account and made my first report. I hope I'm doing this right. lol
Heh, just foller the yeller brick road!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 am 

Just popping in to say that I successfully completed my first run! Terrific game, with much more to it than meets the eye, and an absolute mind-boggling amount of secrets. So, here's what I've managed to find/do as of now (obviously SPOILERS):

Spoiler! :
- found all the treasures for the King of Grangram
- got all the summons for Urnie
- checked all the buildings in the town you can build, including the "secret" ones
- found all the stamps
- did... well, hopefully all the side story events (2 for Rumiella, a major one for Baltz, Shamil, Poyon, Kupi, main Hero, Robot/Gabe)
- reached all the time ruins and got all the treasures therein

What isn't done? Definitely a LOT of the combination dialogues, and quite a lot of fine-tuning in general. They often depend on the make-up of your party and their position during the cutscenes. Usually, the first character - or the 2nd character after the Hero - is the speaker; that can be adjusted with the Order command. Still, there's an incredible amount of possible dialogue combinations in there. I'll try to get some more, since I generally have save states at various points when they kick in, but we'll see how this goes. Also, as I mentioned earlier, save states do not mess up the clock on the newest version of SNES9x, so that's probably the best emulator to play the game on!

Last edited by MariusB on Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:43 am 

MariusB wrote:
Also, as I mentioned earlier, save states do not mess up the clock on the newest version of SNES9x...

I can confirm this is indeed the case.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:18 am 
Site Admin

Super! I'll get after those recent reports from both of you during daylight hours and send out yet another update ROM. You've played a number of our localizations. In the scheme of things, where does this one fit in?

Thanks for all your good work!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Super! I'll get after those recent reports from both of you during daylight hours and send out yet another update ROM. You've played a number of our localizations. In the scheme of things, where does this one fit in?

Thanks for all your good work!

My favourite game from you is definitely Chaos Seed, due to the sheer originality of it (though I obviously also enjoyed the gameplay immensely!) Then it's a toss-up between SSMS-II and Lennus II for me, at this point, and then - probably G.O.D. and SSMS-I. As an aside, I thought G.O.D. was a pretty complex game, but wow, is SSMS-II chock-full of secrets... there's hidden stuff pretty much everywhere, and you really need to be on your toes to find most of it, no joke! We'll see how it stacks up against Shiki Eiyuu Den later down the road. Anyway, since Swordmaster is doing his best to hunt stuff in the earlier parts, I'll try to see more of the random character dialogue from the point where multiple characters become available to you. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next