Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Post subject: Re: SSMS-II enters in-house beta testing
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:26 am 

Wildbill wrote:
akualung wrote:
I've tried again, with the latest patched rom (SSMS-II-May-7-18), that part of the dialog with
Spoiler! :
Sonia
I reported in the issue 0000589. I've tried from an srm file in which I am outside
Spoiler! :
Crystal Castle
in saveslot 1, and have tried that dialog several times, but the "stranded" dialog about Port Marinela keeps appearing at the end. I've avoided using savestate or speeding up the emulation in case it had something to do with that, but to no avail.

If you guys can test that scene in your respective savegames, so as to know if there's something wrong with my srm file... If you need it, I can reopen the issue in Mantis and attach my srm file.
Did you try with the revision I sent out just a few hours ago dated May 7? In that one, I typed over the Marinela string and recompiled.

Yes, that's the one I've used. In fact, I even tried downloading it, changing the name to DKM2TEST.smc, starting the game from scratch and then overwriting only the srm file and trying from there. If someone wants to send me one of their srm, I can try it and see if I keep having the same problem.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:15 am 

::reads Wildbill's post like a child absorbing every detail of his grandpa's fantastical war stories:: It would be accurate to say that I admire your work, Wildbill. lol

I have an... "update" on the luck vs. speed issue of Jinx and Dash spells. So as you know, Dash claims to increase speed while displaying the graphic of "Luck up", while Jinx claims to decrease luck while displaying the proper graphic of "Luck down". However... my tests show that Jinx actually decreases an enemy's speed. My conclusion is that luck is never modified in battle, at least by these two spells. They both affect speed instead. I don't get why they use "Luck" modifier graphics, instead of "Agility up". Come to think of it, didn't a similar issue occur in SSMS-I?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:23 am 
Site Admin

akualung wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
akualung wrote:
I've tried again, with the latest patched rom (SSMS-II-May-7-18), that part of the dialog with
Spoiler! :
Sonia
I reported in the issue 0000589. I've tried from an srm file in which I am outside
Spoiler! :
Crystal Castle
in saveslot 1, and have tried that dialog several times, but the "stranded" dialog about Port Marinela keeps appearing at the end. I've avoided using savestate or speeding up the emulation in case it had something to do with that, but to no avail.

If you guys can test that scene in your respective savegames, so as to know if there's something wrong with my srm file... If you need it, I can reopen the issue in Mantis and attach my srm file.
Did you try with the revision I sent out just a few hours ago dated May 7? In that one, I typed over the Marinela string and recompiled.

Yes, that's the one I've used. In fact, I even tried downloading it, changing the name to DKM2TEST.smc, starting the game from scratch and then overwriting only the srm file and trying from there. If someone wants to send me one of their srm, I can try it and see if I keep having the same problem.
Yes, try it from someone's save who did not experience the "Marinela anomaly" in that place with Sonia. If you can obtain that "outside" save, and it does not occur in that place, I can almost hear Bongo` saying you likely had an earlier glitch saved in memory that could not be overcome except by starting the entire game over.

Sometimes, Bongo` can "hack" these kinds of pesky troubles away. Otherwise the 2nd half of the game appears to be very stable. The worst four bugs we have are this one, the Inez singling screen blowup, slow scrolling text in places, and some unevenly colorized text code introduction attempts.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 am 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
::reads Wildbill's post like a child absorbing every detail of his grandpa's fantastical war stories:: It would be accurate to say that I admire your work, Wildbill. lol

I have an... "update" on the luck vs. speed issue of Jinx and Dash spells. So as you know, Dash claims to increase speed while displaying the graphic of "Luck up", while Jinx claims to decrease luck while displaying the proper graphic of "Luck down". However... my tests show that Jinx actually decreases an enemy's speed. My conclusion is that luck is never modified in battle, at least by these two spells. They both affect speed instead. I don't get why they use "Luck" modifier graphics, instead of "Agility up". Come to think of it, didn't a similar issue occur in SSMS-I?
It's been a while since I played SSMS-I, but I believe you have arrived at a correct assessment of Jinx and Dash. I'll revisit both and revise/rename, as necessary. Bongo` will still need to fix the screen icon(s).

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:59 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Swordmaster wrote:

It's been a while since I played SSMS-I, but I believe you have arrived at a correct assessment of Jinx and Dash. I'll revisit both and revise/rename, as necessary. Bongo` will still need to fix the screen icon(s).
Okay, "Dash" means Agility up. Agility down is now "Slow", unless someone has a better name. So, "Slow" replaces "Jinx", at least for now, but the icon will still be wrong, where applicable. In SSMS-I, I believe we called "Slow" (the former "Jinx") by the name of "Petro".

Here is a crude translation of a page from a Japanese website. http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=SERP&br=ro&mkt=en-US&dl=en&lp=JA_EN&a=http%3a%2f%2foaks.s55.xrea.com%2fkai2%2fmagic.htm

On the chart below, "Slow" (the former "Jinx") auto-translates as "Vetro".

As goofy and jumbled as this auto-translation appears, some good info may be gleaned from it, if anyone wanted to take the time to construct a good Magic chart for our patch.

(SSMS-II) Magic

The name Using the MP Target Effect Learners

Fire.

Van 2 Attack enemy 1 Small damage Lord (02) Rumi (the first)
Babunga 8 Attack enemy 1 Damage in (17) the Lord's Rumi (13th)
Giga Bunga 18 Attack enemy 1 Big damage Rumi (39)
Mega 6 Attack the enemy all Small damage (05) the Lord's Cup (04)
Mega site 14 Attack the enemy all Damage in (21) the Lord's Cup (16)
Megadeth 23 Attack the enemy all Big damage Cup (36)
MEGABANK 38 Attack the enemy all Special damage Lord (42)
Heat storm 6 Attack the enemy all Damage + confusion Cup (22)

Water

Code 5 Attack enemy 1 Small damage Cup (the first)
Cordes 16 Attack enemy 1 Damage in Cup (20) Greece (15).
Cordon 28 Attack enemy 1 Big damage Cup (40)
Hado 2 Attack the enemy all Small damage Rumi (the first)
Hydron 18 Attack the enemy all Damage in Rumi (15), Greece (18)
Giga hide 28 Attack the enemy all Big damage Rumi (34)
Rainier arrow 4 Attack the enemy all Damage + defense down Cup (10)
Freezing air 14 Attack the enemy all Damage + attack Gallery (first time)

Lightning.

Biga 12 Attack the enemy all Damage in Rumi (10)
Bibi Gan 26 Attack the enemy all Big damage Rumi (26)
Thunder spear 8 Attack enemy 1 Damage in Beelzebub (19) Cup (14).
Thunder bursts 14 Attack enemy 1 Big damage Beelzebub (48) Cup (43).
Pallavi lies 18 Attack enemy 1 Damage + attack Beelzebub (27)

Style attributes

Pneumatic tinsnips 2 Attack the enemy all Small damage Cup (06) Shah (first time)
Air blade 16 Attack the enemy all Damage in Cup (18) Greece (22).
Tornado 22 Attack the enemy all Big damage That Shah (36) Cup (33)
Press 14 Attack the enemy all HP1/2 Rumi (19)
Pressure 28 Attack the enemy all HP1/4 Rumi (40)

Location attribute

Tona-Gura 10 Attack the enemy all Damage in Beelzebub (08) lumino (08) is global (12)
Graden 23 Attack the enemy all Big damage Beelzebub (23) (24) Rumi's bar (28)

Fungal attributes

BAC 4 Attack the enemy all Small damage Beelzebub (the first)
Bucktail 18 Attack the enemy all Damage in Beelzebub (15)
Giga back 28 Attack the enemy all Big damage Beelzebub (42)
Vivir 18 Complementary flavors all LV... on Beelzebub (17)
Back teller 28 Attack enemy 1 HP has decreased Beelzebub (28)
Virbac 8 Complementary enemies 1 Out of action Beelzebub (33)

Poisonous attributes

Poison mist 8 Attack the enemy all Damage + poison status Gallery (first time)

Light attributes

Holy light 13 Complementary enemies 1 Big damage Rumi (36)
Holy Sun 18 Attack the enemy all Big damage Cup (46)
Last Rainbow 40 Attack the enemy all times taste all that All damage + HP recovery Rumi (48)

Instantly attribute

Stone 18 Enemy 1 Petrochemical Beelzebub (21), Rumi (18)
Jelena 18 Enemy 1 Jewelry making Cup (15)

Recovering attributes

For 5 One taste Small recovery (03) Cup (first) Rumi's (03)
Bal (15) Greece (first) Gallery (first time)
Hospis 15 One taste During recovery (20) the Lord's Cup (11)
Rumi (12), Greece (27)
Ho slum 25 One taste Total recovery Cup (25) (31) Rumi's Gallery (37)
HSPA 30 Taste all During recovery (30) the Lord's Rumi (22)
Sun shower 30 Taste all Total recovery Cup (35)
Venom in 3 Osamu flavor 1 Antidote (06) the Lord's Cup (03)
Rumi (04) Baru (07).
Bell 3 Osamu flavor 1 Alarm clock Cup (the first)
Orcua 8 Osamu flavor 1 ST all times (32) the Lord's Cup (29)
Rumi (17) Gallery (first time)
Curran 23 Osamu taste all ST all times Cup (30)
Energy Exchange 0 Osamu flavor 1 Stunning alternation Gallery (first time)
Again 24 Osamu flavor 1 -Minced Manager resume Lord (26) Cup (09) Gallery (first time)
µSec 40 Osamu flavor 1 Combat comeback + HP all recovery Cup (38), Rumi (32)

Accessibility attributes

Cruder to watch over 8 Complementary enemies 1 Confusion Cup (05) Shah (first time)
Claus 3 Complementary enemies 1 Magic seal Beelzebub (12) Cup (13).
Ocarina 3 Complementary enemies all Sleep Rumi (11), shower (13)
Vetro 6 Complementary enemies 1 Under speed Beelzebub (02) Cup (08).
Dan Brock 8 Complementary enemies 1 Under the protection Bab (06) Shah (20).
Enter 16 Complementary enemies 1 HP Beelzebub (25), Gallery (28)
Magic tour 0 Complementary enemies 1 MP absorption Rumi (28)
Stray mist 8 Complementary enemies all Accuracy below Rumi (14)
Dash 8 Complementary flavor 1 On speed Rumi (05) Shah (first time)
Powered 8 Complementary flavor 1 On the siege Rumi (07) Shah (first time)
Broke t 8 Complementary flavor 1 Proof on Cup (07) Gallery (first time)
Rimage k 18 Complementary flavor 1 Magic reflection Rumi (16)
Ballinger 18 Complementary flavor 1 Magic damage reduction Rumi (21)
Magic line 5 Complementary flavor 1 Magic Eraser (34) the Lord's Rumi (30)
Live star 28 Complementary flavor 1 Attack twice Beelzebub (31) Gallery (first time)
Misty haze 24 Complementary flavors all Magic damage reduction Cup (27)
Lien Tiger 6   Dungeon escape (15) the Lord Bab (07).
War PL 6   Warp to the town (10) the Lord Bab (09) Gallery (30).

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:11 pm 

Are there any good sites, Japanese or otherwise, that contain a list of items to find? I play RPGs like a hoarder. I'm not happy unless I've found every hidden item in the game. I've been using a guide on GameFAQs and SylarDean's walk-through, and I keep finding things that both of them have missed. This game is packed with hidden items!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:57 am 

Wildbill wrote:
DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

If we decide to release SSMS-II to the general public, what needs to be done besides the rest of your testing phases, plus a few assembly fixes of menus by Bongo`, the Jocque graphic conversions, and the ending Kana graphic conversions?

Ohhh I hope we see it! DDs work is just too good!
You'll play it, DoubleDvideogames, if you want. Regardless of what we do or don't do, once we mention it's V1.00, just PM me and provide an e-mail address that will allow attaching a file up to about 6 MB.

If we should decide to share it only with people who have posted support of our work over the last 20 years here at D-D, MD, Stealth, CTC, etc., we figure there's less chance of it falling into the hands of someone who is just lurking in the background, waiting to condemn it out-of-hand, a so-called RPG fan who doesn't even want to play it, just dump the English dialogue, run global word searches, and set off on withering rampages of cyber-hate. We don't create our patches for that type, just tolerant people who love RPGs, accept differences of opinion gracefully, and respect freedom of speech.

We've discussed this subject thoroughly on other boards over the past four months, since we released Minerva at Christmas. I don't want to rip it all open again here, because that just drains off our creative energy and time for a stupid reason. Personally, I just want to keep our work out of the hands of haters, people who focus their existence on trying to create misery because this defeats the purpose of hobbies and recreation.

Well that is very kind of you, thank you!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:20 am 

::slow clap:: Bravo, Wildbill. That was awesome. I was reading Dark's dialogue just now, after the events of Jocque's Circus at Galahar. When I saw the words, "stealth translates", I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to squeeze in all the names Dynamic Designs used to go by?" Several lines of dialogue later, I am impressed. You are indeed a genius, sir. Even Aeon Genesis, though? Aren't they still active?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Swordmaster wrote:
::slow clap:: Bravo, Wildbill. That was awesome. I was reading Dark's dialogue just now, after the events of Jocque's Circus at Galahar. When I saw the words, "stealth translates", I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to squeeze in all the names Dynamic Designs used to go by?" Several lines of dialogue later, I am impressed. You are indeed a genius, sir. Even Aeon Genesis, though? Aren't they still active?
If having a warped sense of humor is genius, I guess I are one of those maybe, but we always manage to kill off evil geniuses, in ENGLISH, hee-hee...! Bongo`'s coding skills are what's genius 'round here. Years ago, the B-Man told me he even dreams in code! Me? I only dream of beautiful, nekkid wimmen!! Heh, that naughty, naughty Wildbill!

As for other groups, King Mike and Garrett are still active. Don't have time to go surfing much any more. I'm too busy trying to get Bongo` to hack two brand new RPGs for us to work on! I'm also waiting for Bongo` to finish his spring exams so he can unlock 3X3 Eyes because I've run out of active scripts and need to finish the other half of the first draft of 3X3 BEFORE he lays two new untranslated scripts on my doorstep.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:41 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
I'm too busy trying to get Bongo` to hack two brand new RPGs for us to work on!

Wildbill, please, give us a little hint here! :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next