Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Post subject: Re: SSMS-II enters in-house beta testing
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:08 am 
Site Admin

ultpaladin wrote:
Well good luck finding a translator. Hopefully the game is distinct enough that maybe it will spark someone's interest.

Bah! I don't care anymore. What we have now is suffice.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 am 

I am attempting to compile some information for this game. Namely, so far, Poyon's Spells and Magic Eye results (partial bestiary). If anyone is interested, I will update when I have a 1.0 version of any of these. If anyone knows of a good source of information, please let me know. So far, I'm referring to a FAQ on GameFAQs and SylarDean's sanctuary pages.

Instead of a word-for-word copy of the in-game descriptions for Poyon's Spells, I am researching (attempting, that is) the actual effects. So this is what I have so far...
Spoiler! :
Spell MP Target Description Learn from...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flatulence 1 Battlefield Doubles all Fire damage Hippo
Sand Blind 5 All Enemies Causes Blindness Sand Eater (Throw Sand)
Fire Breath 6 All Enemies Low Fire damage Gamen, Raider, Hippo
Joker Game 7 All Enemies + Self Random effects Joker
Shed Scales 8 All Enemies Causes DF-Down Hell Butterfly
Nightmare 8 All Enemies Causes Confuse + Sap Dreamer
Creepy Laugh 10 All Enemies Causes AT-Down + DF-Down Jack
Barrier 10 All Allies Halves magic damage Sea Walker (Water Barrier)
Swarm 10 All Enemies Damage + Poison Fly Master (Fly Swarm)
Leaf Shield 12 All Allies Halves all damage
Sonic Wave 12 All Enemies Damage + Confuse Fat Buzzy
Triple Attack 35 All Enemies Attacks 3X at half damage Scary

That... um... didn't appear how I wanted it to, but you get the idea. lol

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:40 am 

Poyon Skill Names and Monster locations
PAR Codes

Poyon Skill Modifier: 7FE911bb
bb modifier

In the future, use the Japanese Name, use Google Translate if you have to cross reference. Also add PAR at the end of the search after the game title in Japanese to find the PAR Codes for the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:37 pm 

@Ryan914 - These are fantastic! Thank you so much for these links!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 am 

@swordmaster Here's two websites I was using whilst testing this game...

A page with a few tips/hints on.
https://translate.google.co.jp/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://urawaza.in/sfc/dakai2.htm&prev=search

A complete WIKI page of everything for this game, SSMS-II.
https://translate.google.co.jp/translat ... rev=search

You stated earlier that there's loads of stuff I have missed.. a list of stuff you have found would be nice though so I am able to add
them to the guide at a later date, i mean once I finish college in 4 weeks. I had to stop beta testing cos college got really heavy on the
homework front so couldn't manage both, unfortunately one had to suffer.

On another point, I stopped with my guide cos too many changes were being made behind the scenes, it just seemed pointless to carry on
then having to change everything once again, so I will no doubt carry on playing through without adding more to my guide now and then
just wait for the official release and start from the beginning once again making corrections as I go.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Update: Preliminary beta testing is going very well. This game is so complicated, two rounds of beta testing may very well be justified. Here are some excerpts from a message I just wrote to Swordmaster in one of his latest Mantis reports...

"For all of his simplistic utterances, Poyon is a complex character in skills and such. I actually have him leading Party B in the final dungeons. When I'm translating and writing, I don't have time to dwell on all of these finite details that you're meticulously sifting.

The translations of effect statements are often incomprehensible, likely idiomatic Japanese pronouncements that are anecdotal and/or humorous in nature. All of this sort of labor you're doing is very helpful to the cause, so thanks again!"

That same thanks also goes out to MariusB and akualung. This trio has sent me a copious amount of needed fixes, likely approaching 300 in number! I have never worked with a finer beta test team.

As tedious as this effort is, we've all had fun uncovering a multitude of secrets in SSMS-II. These guys are so good and thorough, basically, their efforts are crafting the final form of this game - everything from naming conventions to effects of everything and even some dialogues and character interactions. They are finding glitches I would have never uncovered - even if I made a half-dozen passes - because the dialogues are so incredibly variable, according to party composition and even placement positions within as many as two parties operating interdependently in the same scenario.

Still have NOT decided about a universal release to the general public or posting a possible release on another person's website that frequently becomes toxic with the tacit approval of whomever controls policy over there, but I do know that with the exception of one mysterious individual, player support for both SSMS-I and II has been tremendous on our boards here.

I will continue to guarantee this: Anyone who dials up a request on this board such as, "Hey, Wildbill... I really, really want to play SSMS-II!" I will ask him or her to PM me with an e-mail addy and personally sent a patch along. Not yet, though.

We will go through one more round of beta testing AFTER the "Agreesome Threesome" I named above have finished their fine works.

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:21 pm 

I'm really enjoying both the SSMS-II beta-testing process and the game itself. The story is as good and the characters are as charismatic as I was expecting it to be. A real gem of the late snes jrpgs, wish this saga wasn't so abruptly discontinued.

Nevertheless, I have to say that due to the incoming Japanese final terms next week, I'm putting my testing on stand-by for a week or a week and a half at most. Right now, I just witnessed

Spoiler! :
the fall of Kutomina and the Dark Zone side-quest. I've experienced a curious thing here: depending of which characters you have used on the Dark Zone, you end up meeting them at Shalam or at Port Marinella.

I'm not sure how far in the game I am right now. Around two thirds, perhaps? I'm quite reluctant to stop now because the cliffhanger is so thrilling. I'll be back at it as soon as possible ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

akualung wrote:
I'm really enjoying both the SSMS-II beta-testing process and the game itself. The story is as good and the characters are as charismatic as I was expecting it to be. A real gem of the late snes jrpgs, wish this saga wasn't so abruptly discontinued.

Nevertheless, I have to say that due to the incoming Japanese final terms next week, I'm putting my testing on stand-by for a week or a week and a half at most. Right now, I just witnessed

Spoiler! :
the fall of Kutomina and the Dark Zone side-quest. I've experienced a curious thing here: depending of which characters you have used on the Dark Zone, you end up meeting them at Shalam or at Port Marinella.

I'm not sure how far in the game I am right now. Around two thirds, perhaps? I'm quite reluctant to stop now because the cliffhanger is so thrilling. I'll be back at it as soon as possible ;)
You are playing from dialogue contained mostly in Text Block 07 out of a total of ten largely sequential primary dialogue blocks. Sounds like Chapter 17 of 24, but...

School comes first! The game will still be here when you return with all A grades on your report card, so prepare well!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:09 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
@swordmaster Here's two websites I was using whilst testing this game...

A page with a few tips/hints on.
https://translate.google.co.jp/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://urawaza.in/sfc/dakai2.htm&prev=search

A complete WIKI page of everything for this game, SSMS-II.
https://translate.google.co.jp/translat ... rev=search

You stated earlier that there's loads of stuff I have missed.. a list of stuff you have found would be nice though so I am able to add
them to the guide at a later date, i mean once I finish college in 4 weeks. I had to stop beta testing cos college got really heavy on the
homework front so couldn't manage both, unfortunately one had to suffer.

On another point, I stopped with my guide cos too many changes were being made behind the scenes, it just seemed pointless to carry on
then having to change everything once again, so I will no doubt carry on playing through without adding more to my guide now and then
just wait for the official release and start from the beginning once again making corrections as I go.

Thanks for the links, SylarDean. I shall check them out. When all is said and done, you will be the first I share information with. Some of these hidden items... "I can't believe there was actually an item there!" has been a common thought. lol. Here are two recent items I've found in strange locations:

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 pm 

Hi! :D I'm back, after finishing all the exams at last. I'll know the results by Friday next week (fingers crossed). I've just uploaded a new Mantis report with a few things I've found these last days after resuming the game where I left it. I think I'm very close to the end now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next