Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cheat codes for this game (delete it if necessary)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

umegamer wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
umegamer wrote:
A little late, but thanks for the release.
Great stuff as usual from DD.

@SylarDean Is the Poyon magic list on your sanctuary complete?
I've been messing around with PAR codes and found more than the 19 you have listed.
Check out my screenshot.

edit:
2 more didnt make the screenshot:
Mega Beam
Ice Stare

The website hasnt been updated in a couple of years, the site is abandoned due to weeebly taking away my editing rights.

Damn, that's a real shame. It was really one of the better sites out there for retro RPGs. Maybe you should host it elsewhere.
I agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:02 am 

Unfortunately the way Weebly codes their website.. if you download a copy of the site you can't use it else where, they use their own programming language apparently that only works with the Weebly editor cos it was all drag and drop.

Honestly, with all the shite I went through with them, I personally don't want to put any effort into it again and then have another host shut me down. The first time around really broke me, I didn't play any games for months after that, my depression kicked in again to the point where I actually dropped out of my 2nd year university course cos it got that bad (and because i hated the course any hows), but Weebly pushed me right over the edge.

I personally don't want to go through all that again so no, the website wont ever be returning with ANY host, sorry.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:30 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Unfortunately the way Weebly codes their website.. if you download a copy of the site you can't use it else where, they use their own programming language apparently that only works with the Weebly editor cos it was all drag and drop.

Honestly, with all the shite I went through with them, I personally don't want to put any effort into it again and then have another host shut me down. The first time around really broke me, I didn't play any games for months after that, my depression kicked in again to the point where I actually dropped out of my 2nd year university course cos it got that bad (and because i hated the course any hows), but Weebly pushed me right over the edge.

I personally don't want to go through all that again so no, the website wont ever be returning with ANY host, sorry.
Understood. You told me some of this before. My immediate thought is to mention the critical importance of university. The purpose of the games is fun. Whenever any activity creates stress with depressive conflicts or any type of misery, it’s time to step back and evaluate everything objectively.

Sounds like you have done that.

Ocassionally, part of the reason I take a hiatus is due to temporary burnout. On the whole, for up to 20+ years, I’ve enjoyed my association with Taskforce. Draken, Bongo’, Red Soul, Filler, Recca, you, and many others. That has been as significant a component as any because friendships are far more important than games, politics, and just about anything else except family.

I hope you can rediscover the fun, SylarDean!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:19 am 

While making SSMS-II maps, I stumbled across two areas which are really dark, to the point that any resulting maps would have been way too dark. So, long story short, I started searching memory and fiddling with some of the SNES registers, and stumbled across an address which brightens both areas in question to full brightness:

The first area is the Seamaster area. Most of the Seamaster area is normal, except the very first part, which has this dimming brightness effect.
Enter 7E022180 to make the first Seamaster area full brightness, with no dimming (the only thing I noticed is that some of the Save Points don't display properly with this cheat active - my advice is to use this cheat to pass the dark Seamaster area, then disable it).

The second dark area is The Dark Zone. Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be dark, but it was a bit TOO dark for my taste.
Enter 7E022FFF and TURN OFF BG3. You'll notice the clouds disappear with BG3 off, but the entire map is now full brightness. I didn't notice any adverse effect on the game, but I'd advise to disable these cheats once they're no longer needed.

Yeah, these two cheats are mostly useless, but the one for the Seamaster area is the one that really helped me map out that area.