Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SSmS 2 - Cheat Codes?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 pm 

Hi guys.. i was wondering if ANYONE who has played the japanese version of this game has
found ANY.. game genie, or Pro Action Replay codes for this game? Im playing thorugh it but
ONE THING is for sure, the games freaking devastating with monster encounters.. 3 steps..
FIGHT! 4 steps.. FIGHT! 2 steps FIGHT! 5 steps FIGHT! .. i'm kidding NOT! this is really taking
the enjoyment of the game out of it for me... SO! if anyone has a website that has SSmS-2
codes on it.. can you please link here? i've looked all over google and cant find ANYTHING!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post subject: Re: SSmS 2 - Cheat Codes?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:47 pm 

WELL... I found some PAR codes.. BUT not one for "No Enemy Encounter" that was a bother,
serching through www.google.jp and translating EVERY page i came across... LOL!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
WELL... I found some PAR codes.. BUT not one for "No Enemy Encounter" that was a bother,
serching through http://www.google.jp and translating EVERY page i came across... LOL!
Good luck. Very little out there with this game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

I checked wazap what they have are tips more than cheats: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:51 pm 

thanks guys, i'm just SHOCKED! how the game takes such a BIG leap forward in terms of how much better
it is than the first.. BUT there's things in Ssms-2 that's changed for the worse, encounter rate being the
main.. its NOT so bad out on the world map but its a whole new kettle of fish in dungeons.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:00 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
thanks guys, i'm just SHOCKED! how the game takes such a BIG leap forward in terms of how much better
it is than the first.. BUT there's things in Ssms-2 that's changed for the worse, encounter rate being the
main.. its NOT so bad out on the world map but its a whole new kettle of fish in dungeons.
Heh, you noticed that, huh? Different may be better, after all. But to hack in a change to the encounter rate would not be a true port, right? It's handy for writers and... ummm... sanctuary builders to turn off encounter rates occasionally, but... Well, at least it saves people from grinding, right?

SSMS-II has a fantastic story. It's constructed like a thriller novel or action movie - with cliffhangers and chapter switches to separate teams working their own crisis-management strategies in different regions of Shelldorado, simultaneously - even those in the enemy camps! The tale is much more dynamic in its designs in the storytelling department, too, than SSMS-I (hee-hee...!), a better than decent trade-off for fewer individual character side quests.

And it has one of the most incredible ironies I've ever witnessed in RPG series history, in my opinion, much, much more than a mere twist in the plot that connects directly to the original game's story.

So, I have both games ordered from Japan now, complete with box and dox. In a few weeks I should be uploading manuals. I also see some strategy guides floating around for sale, probably chocked full of secrets, but with no one to translate them... Hmmm...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:16 am 

Wildbill wrote:
SSMS-II has a fantastic story. It's constructed like a thriller novel or action movie - with cliffhangers and chapter switches to separate teams working their own crisis-management strategies in different regions of Shelldorado, simultaneously - even those in the enemy camps! The tale is much more dynamic in its designs in the storytelling department, too, than SSMS-I (hee-hee...!), a better than decent trade-off for fewer individual character side quests.

Agreed.. though.. MY theory on the ssms2 story is..

Spoiler! :
its NOT actually taking place on shelldorado, (it could be an alternate reality shelldorado maybe).. i mean its a completely different world map and the game switches between the 2 alternate universes for the story at the beginning of the game, NO world changes that drastically over 500 years. Also.. at one point in the game they talk about different layers of the universe/alternate reality type thing.. even the HERO is from another world/reality. It would have been interesting to see where they would have gone with ssms3 that they planned but didnt release on the snes/sfc.. would have they taken the story to the HERO's world? .. now that would've been SO COOL!

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:15 am 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Wildbill wrote:

Agreed.. though.. MY theory on the ssms2 story is..

Spoiler! :
its NOT actually taking place on shelldorado, (it could be an alternate reality shelldorado maybe).. i mean its a completely different world map and the game switches between the 2 alternate universes for the story at the beginning of the game, NO world changes that drastically over 500 years. Also.. at one point in the game they talk about different layers of the universe/alternate reality type thing.. even the HERO is from another world/reality. It would have been interesting to see where they would have gone with ssms3 that they planned but didnt release on the snes/sfc.. would have they taken the story to the HERO's world? .. now that would've been SO COOL!
Spoiler! :
Yep, and they name the planet of the hero's origin for the first time in #2, and the villain designates the hero's home planet as the main object of his conquest. THAT is the perfect seed of a third game, as you said. The villain gets whooped in #2, but like Fat Badger, he resurrects some way in a super stronger form and makes it a trilogy!