Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SSMS-II Unveiled - The First Video demo - Introduction
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:27 am 

Atelier Tohka wrote:
Is it necessary to play through the first Super Shell Monster Story to better understand the plot for this one?

I think i can answer that one for you without stepping on D-D's toes In my opinion, you wont have to, the stories are totally different from each other,
though a couple of the characters make it over to this second game from the first game, so playing the first one will give you an advantage of how these
characters work. To be fair.. i'd say PLAY the first one because.. 1. It's a fantastic game any hows. 2. Cos Poyon is in it. 3. The first game is totally different
from the second game.

I can certainly say some minor things about this second game without giving spoilers..

1. SSmS-2 is unrelenting and brutal for fights in dungeons, i'm hoping that D-D will lower the encounter rate slightly on it's release.. it's not fun
doing 5 steps FIGHT! 6 steps FIGHT! 4 steps FIGHT! .. though this can be sorted through use of no battle PAR/GG codes.
2. The dungeons in the game are not as big and complicated as the first game's dungeons so you wont get lost I don't think.. I didn't.
3. Graphically.. the second game blows the first game out of the water, the music is great also.
4. There's been great improvements on the "build your own town" section of the second game, more stuff to build, more hidden secrets in it etc..
5. It seems the characters from the first game in this 2nd game have been re-balanced stat/power/skills wise to make them more useful.
6. You can't chat to party members in battles no more for various effects, i'm assuming this was left out due to how buggy it was in the first game.
7. The game introduces something new that's tied with the battery pack internal clock, which to my knowledge had never been done on another game
previously for the SNES.

Well.. i'll stop there as I could go on and on bout the game but it would head into big spoilers. There's still a lot of work to be done on the game going
off this V0.88 I have, Iv'e found loads of graphical/issues/bugs which i've noted, screen printed, and save filed into a .zip ready, when this project takes
off again. For now.. i'm NOT expecting this game's completed English patch to get released this side of Christmas, it's needing a lot of work still, but what
HAS been done so far is amazing.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:36 am 

SylarDean wrote:
Atelier Tohka wrote:
Is it necessary to play through the first Super Shell Monster Story to better understand the plot for this one?

I think i can answer that one for you without stepping on D-D's toes In my opinion, you wont have to, the stories are totally different from each other,
though a couple of the characters make it over to this second game from the first game, so playing the first one will give you an advantage of how these
characters work. To be fair.. i'd say PLAY the first one because.. 1. It's a fantastic game any hows. 2. Cos Poyon is in it. 3. The first game is totally different
from the second game.

I can certainly say some minor things about this second game without giving spoilers..

1. SSmS-2 is unrelenting and brutal for fights in dungeons, i'm hoping that D-D will lower the encounter rate slightly on it's release.. it's not fun
doing 5 steps FIGHT! 6 steps FIGHT! 4 steps FIGHT! .. though this can be sorted through use of no battle PAR/GG codes.
2. The dungeons in the game are not as big and complicated as the first game's dungeons so you wont get lost I don't think.. I didn't.
3. Graphically.. the second game blows the first game out of the water, the music is great also.
4. There's been great improvements on the "build your own town" section of the second game, more stuff to build, more hidden secrets in it etc..
5. It seems the characters from the first game in this 2nd game have been re-balanced stat/power/skills wise to make them more useful.
6. You can't chat to party members in battles no more for various effects, i'm assuming this was left out due to how buggy it was in the first game.
7. The game introduces something new that's tied with the battery pack internal clock, which to my knowledge had never been done on another game
previously for the SNES.

Well.. i'll stop there as I could go on and on bout the game but it would head into big spoilers. There's still a lot of work to be done on the game going
off this V0.88 I have, Iv'e found loads of graphical/issues/bugs which i've noted, screen printed, and save filed into a .zip ready, when this project takes
off again. For now.. i'm NOT expecting this game's completed English patch to get released this side of Christmas, it's needing a lot of work still, but what
HAS been done so far is amazing.

Thank you for telling me all this. I think I'll be playing through the first game once I've finished Tales of Berseria.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately, I can 100% guarantee the game will not be out in 2017. Wildbill is backlogged like you wouldn't believe and unfortunately is finding very little time to work on anything recently. I sure hope things start improving for him but he's said many times it was going to soon and it still hasn't. All we can do is wait for him to find time as this project is his baby.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:13 am 

taskforce wrote:
Unfortunately, I can 100% guarantee the game will not be out in 2017. Wildbill is backlogged like you wouldn't believe and unfortunately is finding very little time to work on anything recently. I sure hope things start improving for him but he's said many times it was going to soon and it still hasn't. All we can do is wait for him to find time as this project is his baby.

Judging on previous posts about Wildbill's absence.. it really hasn't been a great year for him, 2017. He's hardly not been around all year. Things happen in RL that can't be helped so i'm sure us SSmS fans can be patient for WB to get back and start working on this project once again once he has sorted things out. I am with you on that thought though Taskforce.. I can't see the project starting up again this side of 2017.. it's more than likely going to go into 2018.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:00 am 

Well, hopefully, things can get better for him soon, but yeah. Real life is definitely important.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Atelier Tohka wrote:

I have heard little about this, but then again, we all have had our issues staying connected. I am sorting things out for G.O.D. the rest of the day so Draken can get back in action. I will try and remember to look at the battle code for SMS-II. Hopefully we can fix / adjust it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
I am sorting things out for G.O.D. the rest of the day so Draken can get back in action.

Yay! I'm sitting here next to the pc, so let me know if you need anything, and I'll send it over quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:07 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Atelier Tohka wrote:

I have heard little about this, but then again, we all have had our issues staying connected. I am sorting things out for G.O.D. the rest of the day so Draken can get back in action. I will try and remember to look at the battle code for SMS-II. Hopefully we can fix / adjust it.

I hadn't mentioned anything cos as previously mentioned it was apparently WB's project, as he's not available atm i just kept it really to myself. I have loads of things to send back to bill once he's back and starts the project up again, like errors, graphical errors, text errors, few minor bugs, .txt file with a couple of suggestions/thoughts on.. etc. I'll keep them safe until his return and he feels ready to start again on the project.

@Bongo.. The battle encounter rate on the world map is fine, it just seems a little to high in dungeons/caves. Some people might like it high like that.. but to me it took away from the fun of the game having to do so many battles to get through a dungeon so frequently. If the world encounter rate is linked to the rest of the game's areas encounter rate i'd say "Just leave it as it is and people can just use PAR codes to deal with the issue.. lol.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:12 am 
Site Admin

Although I haven't heard from WildBill for quite some time, I know that he was last helping Taskforce with the Princess Minerva script. If/When he ever does get the free time needed to pursue this great hobby, I'd imagine he'd want to finish that task up first. He's also producer of the two Aretha games, La Wares, and Oni-II... I'm not sure exactly which project he'd pick up after Minerva, so it's extremely hard to give a realistic time-frame for a release. On top of that, you have Bongo` being extremely busy these days as well, so the bug-tackling side of things is also greatly slowed down :(

In all honesty, if the past three years are a good indication, I can't see any of those projects getting done by the end of this year or next... It may sound a little pessimistic, but I don't want to give anyone false hope. But, hey! I'm always happy when people prove me wrong ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 am 

Draken wrote:
Although I haven't heard from WildBill for quite some time, I know that he was last helping Taskforce with the Princess Minerva script. If/When he ever does get the free time needed to pursue this great hobby, I'd imagine he'd want to finish that task up first. He's also producer of the two Aretha games, La Wares, and Oni-II... I'm not sure exactly which project he'd pick up after Minerva, so it's extremely hard to give a realistic time-frame for a release. On top of that, you have Bongo` being extremely busy these days as well, so the bug-tackling side of things is also greatly slowed down :(

In all honesty, if the past three years are a good indication, I can't see any of those projects getting done by the end of this year or next... It may sound a little pessimistic, but I don't want to give anyone false hope. But, hey! I'm always happy when people prove me wrong ;)

Yeah, it's a shame when things slow down to practically nothing but sometimes it just can't be helped, as they say.. patience is a virtue :)

Spoiler! :