Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help in the translation
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:57 pm 

Hi! I found in translation the word "kurasou". I don't get to find the meaning of this word. Would be Kurasou a name of some character?

静かにくらそうと思っても

Post subject: Re: Help in the translation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:54 am 
Site Admin

Wagner wrote:
Hi! I found in translation the word "kurasou". I don't get to find the meaning of this word. Would be Kurasou a name of some character?

静かにくらそうと思っても
It does appear to very possibly be a name. I would probably treat it as such in the initial translation, something to the effect that, "I also believe that (the) Kurasou is very quiet." However, this doesn't make much sense by itself.

It could be an NPC name or even a monster, if these characters belong together. I mean, these words can be rearranged and mean almost anything, depending on what Kurasou is. I don't believe it breaks out to "crystal" though, which is sometimes "kurisou" in Katakana. I would need to see what is happening around this sentence in order to understand the context. That would help. Usually, the exact meaning of an isolated string or sub-string falls into place with good context. If not, such as this becomes a spot translation request.

Thanks, Wagner!

BTW, world, Wagner and I still need a highly skilled translator to take the lead on translating most of the dumped blocks in this game, or we'll be picking away at this possibly for years.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:19 am 

Kurasou (くらそう) is the verb Kurasu (暮らす) conjugated into the よう form. It's definitely not a character's name.

ようと思う (the latter part of the phrase) signifies intention. So 静かにくらそうと思っても means something like, "I intended to live quiet life, but..."

Most of the time, character names are in Katakana. I hope this helps. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 am 

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Kurasou (くらそう) is the verb Kurasu (暮らす) conjugated into the よう form. It's definitely not a character's name.

ようと思う (the latter part of the phrase) signifies intention. So 静かにくらそうと思っても means something like, "I intended to live quiet life, but..."

Most of the time, character names are in Katakana. I hope this helps. :)

Thanks Eien Ni Hen. You gave me a great help. :)
Verb is always a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:28 am 

Wildbill wrote:
Wagner wrote:

静かにくらそうと思っても
It does appear to very possibly be a name. I would probably treat it as such in the initial translation, something to the effect that, "I also believe that (the) Kurasou is very quiet." However, this doesn't make much sense by itself.

It could be an NPC name or even a monster, if these characters belong together. I mean, these words can be rearranged and mean almost anything, depending on what Kurasou is. I don't believe it breaks out to "crystal" though, which is sometimes "kurisou" in Katakana. I would need to see what is happening around this sentence in order to understand the context. That would help. Usually, the exact meaning of an isolated string or sub-string falls into place with good context. If not, such as this becomes a spot translation request.

Thanks, Wagner!

BTW, world, Wagner and I still need a highly skilled translator to take the lead on translating most of the dumped blocks in this game, or we'll be picking away at this possibly for years.

Hi, Wildbill.
Well, Wildbill, these days I'm with a article to finish, so I had to take a pause in the translation because I see that it is something that requires a lot of attention if not the translation doesn't get good.
And Japanese is a language that is not very familiar to me, but with a little help work continues.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:55 am 
Site Admin

Wagner wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Wagner wrote:

静かにくらそうと思っても

Thanks, Wagner!

Hi, Wildbill.
Well, Wildbill, these days I'm with a article to finish, so I had to take a pause in the translation because I see that it is something that requires a lot of attention if not the translation doesn't get good.
And Japanese is a language that is not very familiar to me, but with a little help work continues.
Sounds good. Good luck. Actually, Bongo` and I have been making a bit of headway with our respective tasks.