Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Missables Q - Phantom Urn and Triton summon + Pig locati
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:46 pm 

Always glad to help :) Some might find these answers spoiler-ish, so spoiler tags, just in case:

Spoiler! :
Fat Badger? You can find his urn only after darkness falls across the land. Also, each Time Ruin can only access certain places (at specific times), so not just any Time Ruin will work. To get Fat Badger, you must go to the Time Ruin northeast of Krull, and it can be accessed at 12:00. No, you don't *have* to wait until 12 o'clock...you can 'cheat' by exiting the emulator, then change your pc's clock to 12:00. Restart the emulator and load your game, and it will 'think' it's 12:00 and you'll be able to access the Time Ruin. If you do this, don't forget to reset your pc's clock back after you're done playing. Once you gain Fat Badger as a summon, there's a special cut-scene with Urnie (it seems he's wanted Fat Badger as a summons for quite some time).

Lash Sword? Oh...that's a skill, by the way. It was late last night when I posted my reply, so it may have sounded like I was referring to a weapon. Anyway, "Lash Sword" is MC's ultimate sword skill, which you get at Doughnut Island. Doughnut Island is just east from Basil's House. First, you have to find the injured swan in a cave (south of Lampa). Your party helps the bird, and then it heads back to Doughnut Island. Once you've gotten Dragobird back, fly to Doughnut Island and speak with the NPC. As thanks for helping the swan, he'll teach MC "Lash Sword".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:13 pm 

Cool!

All that info really helped. I beat the game maybe a week ago. I did end up finding all the stamps, summons, monkey "extensions" and most of the best gear. Your posts were a huge help. I got my main character up to 75 and most of the others 70-72 but I feel like it made the final stretch too easy. Maybe going back and trying low 60s would be better in the next replay.

Gabe had 1 or 2 skills that worked very well against the last half dozen or so bosses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Cool!

All that info really helped. I beat the game maybe a week ago. I did end up finding all the stamps, summons, monkey "extensions" and most of the best gear. Your posts were a huge help. I got my main character up to 75 and most of the others 70-72 but I feel like it made the final stretch too easy. Maybe going back and trying low 60s would be better in the next replay.

Gabe had 1 or 2 skills that worked very well against the last half dozen or so bosses.
Yep, level 62 wasn’t a cakewalk for me when I wrote the final climbs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:02 am 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Cool!

Glad to hear you beat the game and were able to get the other things. As for the game being too easy for you at level 75, definitely feel free to attempt the last dungeon at level 60, just be aware that it'll be a challenge. That's the cool thing about RPG's: you can play them any way you like. Want to attempt a hardcore run in "Iron Man" mode, where one death = Game Over? You can definitely attempt it. Others might prefer a challenge and attempt to beat the final boss at a very low level, which may or may not be doable, depending on the game. While I do enjoy a challenge, I definitely don't like losing to an enemy.

In fact, one of the things that I greatly dislike in RPG's is scripted events which force your character to lose in a fight just so the story can progress. Thankfully, the only two battles like that were
Spoiler! :
the one against brainwashed Baltz and the first "fight" against Dark, which you stand no chance of winning, regardless of player level. Oh, you're at level 99? Too bad, Story Progression will now trounce your character/party because the STORY must go on!

Any time (in any game) I see scripted battles, I ALWAYS spend way too much time trying to "break" the game by winning the fight, just to see if the resulting cut-scene is different (it usually isn't).

Another interesting point you bring up is the characters you had in both your parties during the final attack. While some characters are physically stronger than others, the weaker characters tend to make up for it by excelling at magic.

In any case, congratulations on beating the game!