Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Missables Q - Phantom Urn and Triton summon + Pig locations
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 pm 

Hello,

Long time, no talk. As always, excellent job on this translation! I am playing through for the first time, just got the ability to fly around the world.

I am wondering...

I am unable to find the Phantom Urn, even after using a FAQ, it is not where the FAQ states in Mukabi. Is this something that appears later in the game? I checked the museum, I have not found it yet (just 4 items so far). Thoughts?

Also, I seemed to have missed the summon Triton in the prison. Is it possible to return to this prison or did I miss this summon? I have nine in total so far.

Finally, I only found two places where I can turn piglets into a person that gives an item. Are there any other piglets that give items? or just two?

THANKS!

Post subject: Re: Missables Q - Phantom Urn and Triton summon + Pig locati
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:21 am 
Site Admin

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Hello,

Long time, no talk. As always, excellent job on this translation! I am playing through for the first time, just got the ability to fly around the world.

I am wondering...

I am unable to find the Phantom Urn, even after using a FAQ, it is not where the FAQ states in Mukabi. Is this something that appears later in the game? I checked the museum, I have not found it yet (just 4 items so far). Thoughts?

Also, I seemed to have missed the summon Triton in the prison. Is it possible to return to this prison or did I miss this summon? I have nine in total so far.

Finally, I only found two places where I can turn piglets into a person that gives an item. Are there any other piglets that give items? or just two?

THANKS!
Welcome back! Well, I hope someone who has played the game more recently will help you with these. If not, I’ll see what I can find for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:38 pm 

DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering...

THANKS!

The Phantom Urn? Oh yeah, that was a bit of a pain (not because it was difficult to find, but because there's requirements that must be met in order to get it). Since it's spoiler-ish, I'll put it in spoiler tags:

Spoiler! :
To get the Phantom Urn, you have to do a few things first:
1- After clearing Hell Valley Mine, return to Pantana Village and speak with the older NPC inside the house south of the inn/bar. She will ask you to deliver "Mom's Letter" to her son, who lives in Tontace Mukabi. Note that if you haven't cleared Hell Valley Mine, she won't ask you to deliver the letter. You must have cleared it and defeated its boss first.

2- Once you've gotten "Mom's Letter", head to Tontace Mukabi. There, you'll find that there's fungal spores currently afflicting the people in Tontace Mukabi, so you won't be able to deliver the letter yet. Instead, proceed with the game (get Andre, rescue Inez, clear Blauer Forest and The Angular).

3- Once you've cleared The Angular and defeated Mushking (thus stopping the airborne spores), return to Tontace Mukabi (Home #3 on this map: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5mnmdazm5 ... n.png/file ). Speak to the circled character and now you can deliver "Mom's Letter", THEN he'll mention it's in the yard, or something like that.

4- Go outside Home #3 and search the flowers circled on the map, where you'll find the Phantom Urn (finally!).

The Triton Urn? According to the FAQ, it's in the Village of Faith prison, where it should still be. Can you go back to get it now? That depends on where you're at, in-game. I believe the point of no return is after you enter Cliff Palace, so if you're not there yet you should be able to enter the Village of Faith (enter the first home on the left, which is an Inn...go down the ladder inside, then you'll be back in the 'prison' and should still see Triton's Urn there). Oh, wait...you just got the ability to fly around the world, so that's a "Yes". You CAN still go back and get the urn, just make sure Urnie's in your party.

As for the pigs...the FAQ was accurate in that you only get an item (indirectly) from one of the pigs (a dagger, when you return the child to Port Seaba). Returning the child to Lampa allows you to use their home to rest and recover, like an inn. Aside from that, you don't get anything else besides the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you've spared innocent children from having to live the rest of their lives as pigs. There is, however, a hidden chest in the Shalam basement where you found one of the pigs. It's hidden behind the pillar with the ladder... see this map:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/h0c830vg ... 2.png/file )

Every other pig (aside from the ones listed in the FAQ) I tried to "turn back into human" gave a message stating it was a real pig, so I think that's all for the piglets.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Bwah117 on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Bwah117 wrote:
DoubleDvideogames wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering...

THANKS!

The Phantom Urn? Oh yeah, that was a bit of a pain (not because it was difficult to find, but because there's requirements that must be met in order to get it). Since it's spoiler-ish, I'll put it in spoiler tags:

Spoiler! :
To get the Phantom Urn, you have to do a few things first:
1- After clearing Hell Valley Mine, return to Pantana Village and speak with the older NPC inside the house south of the inn/bar. She will ask you to deliver "Mom's Letter" to her son, who lives in Tontace. Note that if you haven't cleared Hell Valley Mine, she won't ask you to deliver the letter. You must have cleared it and defeated its boss first.

2- Once you've gotten "Mom's Letter", head to Tontace. There, you'll find that there's fungal spores currently afflicting the people in Tontace, so you won't be able to deliver the letter yet. Instead, proceed with the game (get Andre, rescue Inez, clear Blauer Forest and The Angular).

3- Once you've cleared The Angular and defeated Mushking (thus stopping the airborne spores), return to Tontace (Home #3 on this map: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5mnmdazm5 ... n.png/file ). Speak to the circled character and now you can deliver "Mom's Letter", THEN he'll mention it's in the yard, or something like that.

4- Go outside Home #3 and search the flowers circled on the map, where you'll find the Phantom Urn (finally!).

The Triton Urn? According to the FAQ, it's in the Village of Faith prison, where it should still be. Can you go back to get it now? That depends on where you're at, in-game. I believe the point of no return is after you enter Cliff Palace, so if you're not there yet you should be able to enter the Village of Faith (enter the first home on the left, which is an Inn...go down the ladder inside, then you'll be back in the 'prison' and should still see Triton's Urn there). Oh, wait...you just got the ability to fly around the world, so that's a "Yes". You CAN still go back and get the urn, just make sure Urnie's in your party.

As for the pigs...the FAQ was accurate in that you only get an item (indirectly) from one of the pigs (a dagger, when you return the child to Port Seaba). Returning the child to Lampa allows you to use their home to rest and recover, like an inn. Aside from that, you don't get anything else besides the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you've spared innocent children from having to live the rest of their lives as pigs. There is, however, a hidden chest in the Shalam basement where you found one of the pigs. It's hidden behind the pillar with the ladder... see this map: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rajzx2h2i ... n.png/file )
Every other pig (aside from the ones listed in the FAQ) I tried to "turn back into human" gave a message stating it was a real pig, so I think that's all for the piglets.

Hope that helps!
Good stuff, Bwah117! I wish “someone” would write a whole new FAQ/Walkthrough this good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:50 pm 

Thanks, Wildbill, and I know what you mean. The current FAQ is very good, but there are a few spots which require clarification (like the Phantom Urn's requirements). While I won't be writing an entire FAQ, I will be uploading all the maps, which should help quite a bit (especially with some of the hidden items, since the maps contain helpful notes). I wasn't going to post anything map-related until I finished them all, but I saw this post and figured I might as well post a couple of the maps pertaining to the OP's question. Besides, I'm about halfway done, anyway, so hopefully it won't be much longer :D . And after the maps...an enemy guide (not that one's necessary, but it would be nice to have that info condensed into one package).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:39 am 

Thanks a lot! That helped so much :)

I found the phantom urn and the summon.

I have 27 of the stamps. I think I am towards the end, with the underground village. Can I find the last stamp there or is it later?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:59 pm 

I'm glad to hear you were able to find the Phantom Urn and get the last summon :)

As for the 28th stamp, exactly which one are you missing? I ask because you probably have 27, overall, stamps collected, but they might not be in numerical order (that is, you probably have 27 stamps, but your missing stamp might not be #28). I can tell you where stamp #28 is, but your numbering of the stamps would have to match mine.

Here's how I've numbered the stamps:

The Stamp Book looks like this:

X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X

Starting from the upper left and counting right, I've numbered them like this:

1___2___3___4____5___6____7
8___9___10__11___12__13___14
15__16__17__18___19__20___21
22__23__24__25___26__27___28

Based on my numbering, which stamp are you missing? I'll be writing up a Stamp Book guide later on, but first I need to finish with these maps (there's a LOT of maps in this game, so it's taking longer than I expected).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:06 am 

oh, I am being silly. I opened up my game and I have all 28. Sorry.

I just beat that Kutomina castle for the second time, what a pain that place was (+ two chests I had no clue how to get, hope it wasn't much) but I did get a nice sword after a short scene.

Anything else you would recommend as far as sidequests or side items? I think I have all of the summons and I guess I might be missing 1 or 2 urns perhaps?

What were the final levels? As I said I am about to enter the Dark Fortress, main at 50, 3 characters at 45, 3 at 40-41, and one in the late 30s.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:55 am 

Not a problem, there's a lot to keep track of in the game, so that's totally understandable about the stamps. Since the rest may be considered a spoiler (sort of), I'll use spoiler tags:

Spoiler! :
Side quests? Have you gotten all eight items for the king's museum in Grangram? There's no special reward for getting them all, but it's nice to do so. Before clearing the game, you might want to save Shamil's brother. Definitely get "Magic Repeat" for Rumiella and Kupi, as that's a very powerful ability. Also make sure you get "Lash Sword" for MC. Have you gotten the 'Fat Badger' summon for Urnie? Most definitely get that, as it's VERY powerful. The last thing I'd recommend (if you haven't done that already) is to develop the Custom Town. There's quite a few interesting things you can do there. As for the final levels, there are some hard-hitting monsters in Dark's Fortress. Iirc, on my second run through the game I tried to rush to the ending when I was in the low 60's and my party got wrecked a few times. More specifically, you'll need to watch out for water attacks inside Dark's Fortress. These water attacks hit hard...no, that's not right. Make that "really hard", as in "you can't heal fast enough before the next water attacks kills your healer". Equip anything that provides water defense on your characters. Also, if you're at level 50, you *might* be able to clear the game, but I think you're a bit under-leveled.

Since you're close to the end, that means darkness has fallen across the land. To level up quickly, do the following:

1-Have Shamil or Urnie in your party (this is critical)
2-Go to Port Seaba
3-Immediately SOUTH of Port Seaba, you'll see several small islands. Using Dragobird, land on the only island with a boulder in the center
4-The enemy "Steel Bug" spawns on this island (after darkness falls). This is the main enemy you're looking for, since they're worth the most experience in the entire game.

The problem is that Steel Bugs are HIGHLY resistant to all types of attacks AND magic, with pretty much all physical attacks doing only "1 HP" damage to them (while magic attacks do none). There's two ways to kill them. The first one is with Shamil's "Cat Punch" move. It will kill one of them in one hit. The other way is with Urnie's "Fat Badger" summon. Fat Badger kills ALL Steel Bugs on-screen in one hit. Thanks to Wildbill for letting me know about the Steel Bugs, and Shamil's "Cat Punch" move killing them. Note that if you choose to use Urnie's "Fat Badger" summon, you'll need to keep an eye on his MP, as that summon uses the most MP.

If certain party members are still at a low level, you might want to equip a "Gold Badge" on them and grind Steel Bugs (the Gold Badge gives ALL experience to the character who has it equipped, instead of dividing the experience by 4). If you do this, their level will climb *very* quickly.

Using this method, you can quickly reach level 99, if you choose to do so. Regardless of whether or not you want to level all the way to 99, I think you'll probably want to be in the 70's, at least, before you enter Dark's Fortress. Once you go inside, you cannot leave anymore, so make sure you have an earlier save you can fall back on, just in case you realize that you need to level up some more.

I hope this helps, and have fun!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:03 am 

Bwah117 wrote:
Not a problem, there's a lot to keep track of in the game, so that's totally understandable about the stamps. Since the rest may be considered a spoiler (sort of), I'll use spoiler tags:

Spoiler! :
Side quests? Have you gotten all eight items for the king's museum in Grangram? There's no special reward for getting them all, but it's nice to do so. Before clearing the game, you might want to save Shamil's brother. Definitely get "Magic Repeat" for Rumiella and Kupi, as that's a very powerful ability. Also make sure you get "Lash Sword" for MC. Have you gotten the 'Fat Badger' summon for Urnie? Most definitely get that, as it's VERY powerful. The last thing I'd recommend (if you haven't done that already) is to develop the Custom Town. There's quite a few interesting things you can do there. As for the final levels, there are some hard-hitting monsters in Dark's Fortress. Iirc, on my second run through the game I tried to rush to the ending when I was in the low 60's and my party got wrecked a few times. More specifically, you'll need to watch out for water attacks inside Dark's Fortress. These water attacks hit hard...no, that's not right. Make that "really hard", as in "you can't heal fast enough before the next water attacks kills your healer". Equip anything that provides water defense on your characters. Also, if you're at level 50, you *might* be able to clear the game, but I think you're a bit under-leveled.

Since you're close to the end, that means darkness has fallen across the land. To level up quickly, do the following:

1-Have Shamil or Urnie in your party (this is critical)
2-Go to Port Seaba
3-Immediately SOUTH of Port Seaba, you'll see several small islands. Using Dragobird, land on the only island with a boulder in the center
4-The enemy "Steel Bug" spawns on this island (after darkness falls). This is the main enemy you're looking for, since they're worth the most experience in the entire game.

The problem is that Steel Bugs are HIGHLY resistant to all types of attacks AND magic, with pretty much all physical attacks doing only "1 HP" damage to them (while magic attacks do none). There's two ways to kill them. The first one is with Shamil's "Cat Punch" move. It will kill one of them in one hit. The other way is with Urnie's "Fat Badger" summon. Fat Badger kills ALL Steel Bugs on-screen in one hit. Thanks to Wildbill for letting me know about the Steel Bugs, and Shamil's "Cat Punch" move killing them. Note that if you choose to use Urnie's "Fat Badger" summon, you'll need to keep an eye on his MP, as that summon uses the most MP.

If certain party members are still at a low level, you might want to equip a "Gold Badge" on them and grind Steel Bugs (the Gold Badge gives ALL experience to the character who has it equipped, instead of dividing the experience by 4). If you do this, their level will climb *very* quickly.

Using this method, you can quickly reach level 99, if you choose to do so. Regardless of whether or not you want to level all the way to 99, I think you'll probably want to be in the 70's, at least, before you enter Dark's Fortress. Once you go inside, you cannot leave anymore, so make sure you have an earlier save you can fall back on, just in case you realize that you need to level up some more.

I hope this helps, and have fun!

Fat badger can be found at any Time Ruins, right? Is that any Time ruin?
I have two gold badges so, for sure, I will try the leveling once I find the fat badger summon.
Where can the lash sword be found?

Thanks for the continued help :).