Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The point of no return...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:02 pm 

Does anyone know if, at the final stage...
Spoiler! :
in the cliff palace, where you have to split up into 2 teams and enter dual doors, is it possible to still return to the overworld map after entering the doors?

Post subject: Re: The point of no return...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:11 pm 

umegamer wrote:
Does anyone know if, at the final stage...
Spoiler! :
in the cliff palace, where you have to split up into 2 teams and enter dual doors, is it possible to still return to the overworld map after entering the doors?

No, you cannot, from what I've seen. If you exit at the bottom, you automatically enter the "Party Select" screen. If you leave without selecting a party, you ARE outside, but all 'Teleport' and 'Warp' items/spells are disabled. You also cannot summon Dragobird, so the only way to go is forward.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:28 am 

Bwah117 wrote:

No, you cannot, from what I've seen. If you exit at the bottom, you automatically enter the "Party Select" screen. If you leave without selecting a party, you ARE outside, but all 'Teleport' and 'Warp' items/spells are disabled. You also cannot summon Dragobird, so the only way to go is forward.

Hope that helps!

After playing the game four times, I finally realized that you CAN return to the overworld map and revisit other places AFTER you've entered Cliff Palace. The catch is that, once you've entered Cliff Palace, you can only return to the overworld map from the Teleport Ship's terminal, and you can only return to the Teleport Ship if you haven't passed Section 2 of Dark's Fortress First Area (see this map: https://www.mediafire.com/file/43msnz92 ... 2.png/file) Just wanted to post a correction. If anyone else reads this, they won't be misled into thinking you can't go back. Hope that helps!

EDIT: Just to clarify what I mean by "Section 2 of Dark's Fortress"...that would be the SECOND set of elevators you use to get to the upper level of Dark's Fortress. Once you take this second set of elevators up, you CANNOT return, as some party members have to be on a lower platform to be able to 'call' the elevators up. If you're already in the area where the final save point is, you're past the point of no return...unless you use a cheat code to walk through walls, which follows:

C071FA00
C0728C80

Last edited by Bwah117 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:39 pm 

I can't load that image link, so forgive me if this question is answered by it:

If I use the last save point before the final boss, am I past the point of no return?

Also - another thing I am wondering (and I can't go back to the overworld to confirm this now): Is it possible to get all stamps after the world goes dark, if I missed some before? I am thinking the winter towns in particular may be off limits later in the game?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:32 pm 

midget35 wrote:
I can't load that image link, so forgive me if this question is answered by it:

If I use the last save point before the final boss, am I past the point of no return?

Also - another thing I am wondering (and I can't go back to the overworld to confirm this now): Is it possible to get all stamps after the world goes dark, if I missed some before? I am thinking the winter towns in particular may be off limits later in the game?

Not a problem. Mediafire isn't really an image hosting website, it's mainly designed for downloads. While they do let you preview the image, sometimes it's a little buggy. If you download the image, your download should work just fine, however. Anyway, back to your question: yes, unfortunately, if you're at the last save point (just before the final boss), you are past the point of no return. Even though you can go back to the previous section in Dark's Fortress, you cannot 'call' the elevators up anymore, since one of your parties has to be on a lower platform to have the elevator move up. This is the only reason you cannot take the elevators back down to the main entrance to Dark's Fortress. Note that if you use a cheat to walk through walls, you CAN go back, as you can just bypass the elevators and walk straight down (instead of 'calling' the elevators up). If you need the "walk through walls" cheat, here it is:

C071FA00
C0728C80

Note that you must enter both of them if you want to use it properly. If you just want to go back to the overworld, you can use the cheat, then disable it once you're outside (in case you don't like cheating). This cheat doesn't have any negative effect on the game, by the way.

As for your question regarding the stamps, the only stamp you can miss out on is stamp #22, which is located in Jem. Since Jem is destroyed after darkness covers the land, you have to get that stamp BEFORE this happens. If you didn't get it before darkness fell, then sorry, but it's too late to get it now.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:57 pm 

Wow. Thank you, Bwa. It is most generous of you to go into such detail in your response- I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you, my friend!!

Not being able to go back to the overworld after last save point is frustrating lol. I can't help but think this game shoots itself in the foot a little with eminently fixable issues like this and the silly encounter rate.

Anyway - delighted I have the answers to those questions. Thank you again :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

midget35 wrote:
Wow. Thank you, Bwa. It is most generous of you to go into such detail in your response- I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you, my friend!!

Not being able to go back to the overworld after last save point is frustrating lol. I can't help but think this game shoots itself in the foot a little with eminently fixable issues like this and the silly encounter rate.

Anyway - delighted I have the answers to those questions. Thank you again :)
Hey, yep, first time through I called it “forced grinding”.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:30 pm 

"Forced grinding" indeed :) I remember the first time I entered Dark's Fortress and tried to return to the overworld, but found that the 'Teleport Rocks' and 'Dragon Wings' were disabled, so I just assumed it wasn't possible to return. It wasn't until my third (or fourth) play through the game that it occurred to me to check the 'Teleport Ship', and, surprisingly, it worked and I was able to use it to warp to other places! Of course, once you're back on the overworld, you are free to use 'Dragon Wings' and 'Teleport Rocks', along with Dragobird.

@midget35: Always glad to help! If you have any more questions, feel free to post, and either I or someone else will reply. I would have replied to your post yesterday, by the way, except that I've been busy with the enemy list for this game (there's a surprisingly large number of different enemies in this game). And yes, I totally agree that the encounter rate is a little too high, especially toward the end (in Dark's Fortress). Well, back to the game for me!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 am 

@Bwah117 and @Wildbill

I really appreciate your kindness, my friends. You are a real credit to this wonderful game. I remain humbled :)