Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Post subject: Re: We have released. This topic is for post-release feedbac
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 am 

thanks for finally releasing this. I was hoping you would. I just started playing the first one this last weekend and I'm enjoying it. This series is basically a trilogy right? Do I need to play the nes one to get the whole story?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:40 am 
Site Admin

s0n0f0siris wrote:
thanks for finally releasing this. I was hoping you would. I just started playing the first one this last weekend and I'm enjoying it. This series is basically a trilogy right? Do I need to play the nes one to get the whole story?
Welcome. It's for players such as yourself that I quit holding it. As for the NES version, I never looked into possible ties-in with SSMS-I. Someone may have better information for you regarding that.

I can verify that SSMS-II is a direct sequel to SSMS-I. If you played the first one, you already know that from the training cave and shell Monster Village scenes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:03 am 

The time has come!!!

Thanks a huge lot from the bottom of my heart to all the team involved on this project. I'll make sure your work hasn't been in vain enjoying this TRUE GEM ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 am 
Site Admin

mikeprado30 wrote:
The time has come!!!

Thanks a huge lot from the bottom of my heart to all the team involved on this project. I'll make sure your work hasn't been in vain enjoying this TRUE GEM ;)
You're welcome. How far have you played so far?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:44 am 

s0n0f0siris wrote:

As far as I am aware.. SSMS-1 on SNES was a remake of the one on the NES, SSMS-2 is the direct sequel. I'm pretty sure there was a 3rd game in the works but that got cancelled. There's also SSMS games on the Gameboy.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:16 pm 

Let me start by giving you guys a huge thanks fort his release. I have waited a long time for this and I’m thrilled I’m finally able to play it. The game is truly wonderful. I’ve played for about four hours now (I have beaten the second General) and have been loving every minute of it (it gives me a similar vibe to Tengai Makyou Zero). The game is an improvement in almost every way from the previous entry (which I also thoroughly enjoyed). The translation work is top notch and I haven’t run into any problems or bugs so far.

A little off topic, but let me also take this opportunity to thank you guys in general for all the completed projects you have done. Mystic Ark, G.O.D., Aretha II (and of course SSMS I and II) have become some of my favorite SNES games and that wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work you guys have put into it.

SylarDean wrote:
As far as I am aware.. SSMS-1 on SNES was a remake of the one on the NES, SSMS-2 is the direct sequel. I'm pretty sure there was a 3rd game in the works but that got cancelled. There's also SSMS games on the Gameboy.
I always thought SSMS I was a direct sequel to the NES version. After all:
Spoiler! :
Fat Badger is the final Boss in the NES version, but is resurrected in SSMS I and is a boss mid-game (apart from the Mecha-version near the end.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
As for your offer, a patch is headed your way in a few days. The catch is I need feedback in four weeks or less. It will have the familiar graphic issues that can’t be fixed. Appreciate everything!

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it. Based on the few videos that I've seen of this game, I don't think that this deadline will be a problem for me. I'll most likely be able to fully complete my beta test and send you a full report in a week or two. After Power of the Hired is released, you can let me know if you require help with any of the other remaining projects and I'll be happy to assist if I can.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:37 pm 

Edit: Added another report, Report 02.

I've been able to make some progress in the game throughout the week, but I haven't had time to go over everything until today. The game is really polished so far, from what I've seen, but there are a few things I've noted. I've uploaded my findings (so far) here:

Report 01: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p39zwl8bc ... Report+01+[F8C3045E].zip/file
Report 02: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymzgvb9ii ... Report+02+[F8C3045E].zip/file

I'll keep working on all the snapshots I've taken during the week, then I'll continue the game. I will update this post with subsequent reports. Since Thanksgiving's right around the corner, I'll be off from work for a few days and I should be able to make more progress. Surprisingly, the game is deeper than I initially expected, and that's a good thing :)

Last edited by Bwah117 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
As for your offer, a patch is headed your way in a few days. The catch is I need feedback in four weeks or less. It will have the familiar graphic issues that can’t be fixed. Appreciate everything!

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it. Based on the few videos that I've seen of this game, I don't think that this deadline will be a problem for me. I'll most likely be able to fully complete my beta test and send you a full report in a week or two. After Power of the Hired is released, you can let me know if you require help with any of the other remaining projects and I'll be happy to assist if I can.

I've been continuing my work on Power of the Hired recently. I won't say when it'll be released but work is resuming. However, work on it might be hampered by some bugs that Bongo` never got fixed. None of them so far are game crashing but they're not easy to play around either. I can make no promises on if or when we'll be getting it out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:34 am 
Site Admin

Kergon wrote:
Let me start by giving you guys a huge thanks fort his release. I have waited a long time for this and I’m thrilled I’m finally able to play it. The game is truly wonderful. I’ve played for about four hours now (I have beaten the second General) and have been loving every minute of it (it gives me a similar vibe to Tengai Makyou Zero). The game is an improvement in almost every way from the previous entry (which I also thoroughly enjoyed). The translation work is top notch and I haven’t run into any problems or bugs so far.

A little off topic, but let me also take this opportunity to thank you guys in general for all the completed projects you have done. Mystic Ark, G.O.D., Aretha II (and of course SSMS I and II) have become some of my favorite SNES games and that wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work you guys have put into it.

SylarDean wrote:
I always thought SSMS I was a direct sequel to the NES version. After all:
Spoiler! :
Fat Badger is the final Boss in the NES version, but is resurrected in SSMS I and is a boss mid-game (apart from the Mecha-version near the end.
I appreciate your feedback. I am also happy I finally found my lost patch with the latest revisions! Finally, your comments make me glad we released it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next